Philips Avent Classic PES

Philips Avent Classic PES

SCF660/27, SCF663/27, SCF663/17, etc...

3.0

Milk Spills

I don't know if this is just my baby's latching issue or the teats itself but whenever I feed her, milk are spilling out on both sides of her mouth. I have both the classic and natural but both is having the same issue. I'm thinking of trying bottles which are not wide neck and slimmer teats as I'm a little frustrated with the milk spills.

Perl
    Perl

My lo is already 5 months and we are now using #2 teats for my 4 8oz naturals and 2 classics but even the #1 which I'm using for the 4oz naturals are having the same issue.

Mike W

Mike WPerth

Bad PRODUCT

Bad choice continue using Avent product for 2nd baby.
    Some Avent teat will bending inward when baby are feeding, which make baby very upset not getting the milk. Buying the Avent teat is like gambling, some work fine and some don't. Have threw out about 6 set of teat that just don't work.
    The cap are worst design as well, can't be open with one hand.
    Buying new feeding bottle is also gambling. Had few that has strong plastic smell after sterilizing. Strangling some bottle don't those plastic smell.

Rims

RimsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst teat ever

These are the worst teats.. Milk stops flowing while baby is feeding.. I tried calling their customer service and Lady just kept on going how great this product is.. She gave me a tip on how to fix the vaccum problem, I tried it but it doesn't work... Issue is still there...
    I just want to know if there is any other teat in market which will work with these bottles otherwise I have to throw it away.. I have the full set and is just useless right now..

Frustrated

So i chose to go with the avent natural with 2nd bub. First few months were great, no problem. But now bub is 5 months and requires 5 scoops of formula with 250ml water. Just how exactly do you expect me to fit all that in a 260ml bottle?!?! I have to make 2 seperate bottles to feed bub each time cause the formula overflows and its such a waste not only frustrating!! I'm so irritated!!!

aleesha141286

aleesha141286Marble Bar, Western Australia

Leaking out of air holes

I just had my 4th baby a few weeks ago and bought the natural bottles newborn starter kit. I used avent bottles with other children the ones with the ring that goes on lid and lovef them. But with these new designed bottles i am getting very frustrated with pretty quick. My baby only has a bottle at night for top ups and i find that the milk leaks out of the anti colic air holes. I have to keep turning the bottle until i get it in the right position but because theres a hole on each side its a bit hard. The older bottles sometines leaked out of air hole but because there was only one hole you just had to make sure its at the top.

Kait

KaitMelbourne

Perfect

Been using these bottles for a month now and haven't had any issues with them.
    It hasn't leaked and bubs can drink from them really well without any mouth leakage.
    It's easy to clean, and for the price I paid i'm really happy with the product, Would happily recommend these bottles!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Fine but milk comes spewing out of my baby's mouth

I had avent with my last child (now 5). I tried these new Avent Natural bottles and they are fine but my baby's bib is SOAKED and milk is all in her neck after her drinking. She collapses the 1 nipple but milk goes everywhere with the 2s and 3s. WEIRD. She's 6 months now. I think I'm going to try a different bottle! Just tired of changing her all the time!

Very happy

I Used the natural and classic models from one to 4 months and it has worked better than avent Classic. Better test in my opinion as same action for breast. Easy to transition from breast. Easy to clean and disassemble. Looks aesthically good too for photos. I am Interested to know what mums with older bubs prefer.

December 5th 2106 Update: Excellent

After 15 months of feeding, I definitely prefer agent natural to classic. Doesn't leak as much though to start with you need to make sure the nipple is pulled right through (would b nice if avent stressed this in instructions). I have been feeding with avent since five weeks. Baby is average height and weight so all is going well.

Philips S.Philips Avent

We're glad to hear this and thanks for the valuable feedback Sarah! :)

KelstandhMelbourne

About to lose it. Leaking bottles.

My baby took to these bottles straight away and has no trouble drinking from them. But the leaking is driving me insane. I can't figure it out cause it isn't every time. I've googled and googled but can't get it right. I've tried lining the teats up. Holding bottle different angle. Aggghhhhh

Kelstandh

Update. Hmmm so user error. Turns out we weren't pushing the teats all the way through the top of the white part. Problem fixed. No leaking. Very happy now :)

Philips S.Philips Avent

Glad to hear that and thanks for the update. Feel free to contact us again via the earlier mentioned phone number if you have additional questions.

Kind regards,
    The Philips Australia Team

Gerry

GerrySydney, NSW

Horrible - leaks all the time

Hospital recommended we go with a peristaltic nipple to slow my baby's bottle milk flow. So we started with small pigeon bottles. 2 months went and those bottles wern't big enough anymore and found the pigeon nipples fit these avent bottles some 1 gave us. Sad to say the avents leek all the time. In random gushes in between feeds. Not where the 3rd party teet fits on either but where the avent white piece fits to the bottle. Horrible product. Going out to purchase more expensive pigeon larger bottles tomorrow. Soiled my childs clothes in the early hours of the morning. Really crappy product. Do yourself a favor go the pidgeon bottles and teets. Costs a lot but well worth it.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Gerry, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Can you contact us on 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia). Or send us a private message along with your contact details, we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish. The teat gets sucked in every feed. Loosen the cap to help it vent and it does nothing. I've changed flow rates but every teat does the same thing. Either he gulps the milk down so fast or the teat gets sucked in and he's not getting anything. Constantly fiddling with it every feed. Leaking everywhere! Don't waste your money. Classic bottles work fine. Dread to think what the new design classic+ bottles will be like if it's the same "vent" system!!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there. It's a pity to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with these bottles. We consider this to be valuable feedback for our development team though. Thanks for submitting the review.

VanessaMelbourne

Beware those that have had difficulty breastfeeding

I had no leakage issues and admit the durable wide neck bottle was easy to wash. But the new design is terrible if you've had breastfeeding issues! Wide neck so wide I couldn't see Bubs face, hiding even her nose, teat too short. Major latching difficulties and when feeding EBM 100% via bottle and Bub is falling asleep during feeds plus losing weight, being able to see what being drank compared to being spit out is very important. Second baby, with my first used anti colic avent and had no issues. Very disappointed with the new product and having wasted so much money on these bottles.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Vanessa. We are sorry to read this! Especially from someone who seems to be a very loyal customer! We would like to thank you for the feedback though. We'll forward it to the Australian Avent team. Might be useful for the development team.

Aurora79

Aurora79Perth

Great bottle, my baby was originally using the mam bottles but refused them after 3 months. Wish I had started out with these, he loves these bottles, have had no issue with leakage (have to make sure you line up the indents). Only thing I would say he's coming up to 10 months old they are a bit hard for him to hold!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Happy to read that you and your boy are happy with these bottles, Aurora. Hope that he will be better able to hold the bottles firmly after a while! But it is noted as feedback for the development team. Many thanks.

Jade

JadeWestern Australia, 6430

Love the Avent Naturals, Much Better Than Classics - NO LEAKS!!

I have twins and have tried 4 brands of bottles including AVENT. I had purchased 15+ Classic Anti Colic Bottles and unfortunately they have all leaked and have constant issues. Avent have contacted me about these and we have discussed the issues. In the meantime I tried the AVENT Naturals and I have to say this is a way superior product that my twins have both easily latched onto, the flow of the teats is great and the NO LEAKING is a BIG ++++++++!! I am very happy with this product.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Jade. Thanks for reviewing the Natural bottles. Sounds good! Thanks for the kind words. Just a pity to hear about the classic bottles though. Good to hear these are better for you :)

Noisy but ok

Have been using avent since my ds been born 10 months ago, recently did a switch over to natural bottles 310ml. My son takes the bottle better and gets less gas ect however the bottle is noisy ? Makes a whizzing pitchy air sound.. Assuming it's the air valve, I guess this would only be a concern to a silent sleeper but my son sleeps like a rock

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review on the bottle. Happy to see you like it overall. Could you check if there are any parts damaged? Tiny holes for example that can explain the noise? Thanks.

sarah

sarahMelbourne, Victoria

Not so impressive I reckon

I've used it for 6 months now. Well... I haven't really compared with any other bottles in the market. I have always liked avent due to its idea as interchangeable with other range. Therefore I own everything of avent.. From breast pump to bottle brush. the reason why writing is because I've realised the problem is actually the teat (not my son) after reading some of the reviews! It leaks everywhere And it gets sucked in all the time due to vacuum build up. But the leakage is what I don't like. horrible milk rash n the washing of bibs. And the lid is very hard to be removed!!!!
    Anyone knows if there is another teat of a different brand that would fit avent natural bottles???

Maora

MaoraPyrmont

Good bottles

My daughter just turned 1 year old and I have decided to switch from ordinary plastic to bpa free baby bottles. I bought avent natural bottles just a month ago. The quality was awesome and I love it. Unfortunately, my baby didn't like them. As much as I want to use them, my daughter just isn't a fan. I guess she had already gotten used to plastic bottles and nipples. I'm sure these are great for some babies, but mine finds the nipple too firm and won't latch. This is quite heavy than ordinary bottles too and she can’t bottle fed herself unless you hold it for her which she doesn’t like. So far, I’m happy with the quality and I hope I can use them soon.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Lovely to hear that, Maora! Let's hope it doesn't take too long for your daughter to also fall in love with these bottles.

Bell87

Bell87

No probs :)

A great bottle, i like how this one didnt have the colic ring, the other white bottles Avent do have them and being first time parents i dont know how many times we forgot to put the rings in the other bottles.
    I like the colour of this one too
    Price was good, colour great, no colic ring woohoo!

caztrickTasmania, 7270

Fantastic bottle

These bottles are great. They are very durable and strong are numerous uses, they are a nice honey colour and unless like the other avent bottles, they do not have a separate colic ring, it is built into it - less chance of a mess! Baby can hold the bottle well and it is easy to get the right measurement.
    Overall a great bottle and worth buying. Worth buying online to get them really cheap.
    Durable, strong, pleasant looking, easy to hold, built in colic ring

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thank you for your valuable feedback. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

bella35

bella35BRISBANE, QLD

Great bottle!

I have not used this bottle but i know soo many people who use it it is easy to feed altough you have to keep puling nipple from the mouth so baby can breath. the great thing is that it is bpa free and baby wont get colic as much
    bpa free