Philips Avent Classic PES

SCF660/27, SCF663/27, SCF663/17, etc...

3.0

Mike W

Mike WPerth

Bad PRODUCT

Bad choice continue using Avent product for 2nd baby.
    Some Avent teat will bending inward when baby are feeding, which make baby very upset not getting the milk. Buying the Avent teat is like gambling, some work fine and some don't. Have threw out about 6 set of teat that just don't work.
    The cap are worst design as well, can't be open with one hand.
    Buying new feeding bottle is also gambling. Had few that has strong plastic smell after sterilizing. Strangling some bottle don't those plastic smell.

Rims

RimsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst teat ever

These are the worst teats.. Milk stops flowing while baby is feeding.. I tried calling their customer service and Lady just kept on going how great this product is.. She gave me a tip on how to fix the vaccum problem, I tried it but it doesn't work... Issue is still there...
    I just want to know if there is any other teat in market which will work with these bottles otherwise I have to throw it away.. I have the full set and is just useless right now..

Frustrated

So i chose to go with the avent natural with 2nd bub. First few months were great, no problem. But now bub is 5 months and requires 5 scoops of formula with 250ml water. Just how exactly do you expect me to fit all that in a 260ml bottle?!?! I have to make 2 seperate bottles to feed bub each time cause the formula overflows and its such a waste not only frustrating!! I'm so irritated!!!

Baby Bottles

Find out how Philips Avent Classic PES compares to other Baby Bottles

Gerry

GerrySydney, NSW

Horrible - leaks all the time

Hospital recommended we go with a peristaltic nipple to slow my baby's bottle milk flow. So we started with small pigeon bottles. 2 months went and those bottles wern't big enough anymore and found the pigeon nipples fit these avent bottles some 1 gave us. Sad to say the avents leek all the time. In random gushes in between feeds. Not where the 3rd party teet fits on either but where the avent white piece fits to the bottle. Horrible product. Going out to purchase more expensive pigeon larger bottles tomorrow. Soiled my childs clothes in the early hours of the morning. Really crappy product. Do yourself a favor go the pidgeon bottles and teets. Costs a lot but well worth it.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Gerry, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Can you contact us on 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia). Or send us a private message along with your contact details, we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish. The teat gets sucked in every feed. Loosen the cap to help it vent and it does nothing. I've changed flow rates but every teat does the same thing. Either he gulps the milk down so fast or the teat gets sucked in and he's not getting anything. Constantly fiddling with it every feed. Leaking everywhere! Don't waste your money. Classic bottles work fine. Dread to think what the new design classic+ bottles will be like if it's the same "vent" system!!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there. It's a pity to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with these bottles. We consider this to be valuable feedback for our development team though. Thanks for submitting the review.

VanessaMelbourne

Beware those that have had difficulty breastfeeding

I had no leakage issues and admit the durable wide neck bottle was easy to wash. But the new design is terrible if you've had breastfeeding issues! Wide neck so wide I couldn't see Bubs face, hiding even her nose, teat too short. Major latching difficulties and when feeding EBM 100% via bottle and Bub is falling asleep during feeds plus losing weight, being able to see what being drank compared to being spit out is very important. Second baby, with my first used anti colic avent and had no issues. Very disappointed with the new product and having wasted so much money on these bottles.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Vanessa. We are sorry to read this! Especially from someone who seems to be a very loyal customer! We would like to thank you for the feedback though. We'll forward it to the Australian Avent team. Might be useful for the development team.

See all Philips Avent Classic PES reviews