Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

3.7

Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is perfect! glad I purchase!

We purchase from a baby expo in 2019 for around $80 from memory.
I honestly love this product.. steams and it blends in one product and I find it easy to clean.
I think having this item has encourage me to cook for bubs instead of offering pouches.

Product is used Weekly
Christal

ChristalSydney, NSW

The Unit Is Collects Food And Water - Unable To Clean Properly

I bought this unit for my first child.. the steamer/blender is great, really worked, made great purees and the blender is powerful enough.

However, food and water gets caught in the bottom section, which can not be opened to clean properly. It takes ALOT of time (which you do not have when raising children), to clean to a safe level. When I contacted the technical team they told me to rinse water through the hole near the handle and everything should be fine.... The hole is about a millimetre... this is incredibly difficult, I have soaked the unit so many times but without the use of a brush to move the food, its very difficult to clean.. let alone get that dirty water out of the tiny hole... Not impressed. :(

Purchased in March 2018 for A$250.00.

Safety
Product is used Several times a week
LarryP

LarryPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best blender out there

100% satisfied with the product. Been using Philips product since I was little.
It blends everything perfectly, never had a complain or funny noises or having to worry about repairs.

Purchased in March 2017.

Used for Cocktails, Juices and Smoothies
Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Larry, great to hear you're happy with the combined steamer and blender. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts here!

Baby Food Makers

Find out how Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21 compares to other Baby Food Makers

Lidya L.

Lidya L.

Steamer does not turn on no matter how many times I have put the jar properly on the appliance.

Read the troubleshooting page and no matter how many times i put the jar properly on the appliance, it does not steam. Really really frustrating product. Meant to be smart with safety lock, but it just doesn't work properly.

Purchased in February 2019.

Product is used Daily
RegularPumpingMom

RegularPumpingMomNSW

What a time saver! must have for all moms!

This product is excellent for preparing baby food at home, quickly steams and blends food very smooth, perfect for baby’s early days discovering food.
I bought this ages ago for my first baby, and is still working perfectly for my second, truly I cannot survive without this combo.
It’s compact and very easy to clean which was my number one criteria for choosing this product, it has an inbuilt strainer so no need to have or wash extra utensils.

Date PurchasedDec 2011

SarenaSydney, NSW

Convenient but leaks water when steaming and hard to clean

Easy to use and great for steaming small batches of veggies and meats. However the opening where you pour water in doesn't close tightly so steam escapes, so I have to put something heavy over it to stop the steam from escaping. It's also hard to clean the edges inside the lid especially after steaming meat. It's more compact than the other steamer/blenders out there so it's easy to pack away and doesn't take up much bench space.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sarah

SarahNorth Adelaide, South Australia 5032

This has come in super handy not just blending but steamed too

This blender has been fantastic and works like magic. As we have two youngsters that need mashed food the steam function has really assisted making sure the food is also warm and super yummy. I've blended carrots & veggies along with a few different type of fruits which have all come out really smooth and nice

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Matt

MattBroom, WA

Steamer is ok but blending bad

Since buying this it doesn't blend food down very well always leaving bits in the blends food. The steaming is exelent and can save time having to put things into a pot and get down to softer. There also isn't very much options to finenes on the blades only getting the one

Date PurchasedAug 2017

EliMelbourne

Don’t buy

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Eli

Hi, I sent you my details within a day of you asking me, which was almost a month ago and nobody has contacted me yet.

Juan Manuel

Juan ManuelSouthbank

Convenient device.

I bought this item because I thought it was a good idea, as the size is very convenient, the price was accessible and it was what I was needing. very easy to operate, very effective and convenient, a good way to stop wasting food and create another healthy meal with left overs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Coco83

Coco83Melbourne

Amazing for time poor parents to provide nutritious meals for babies

Great product got loads of use but once buns moved to more meal based with servers ingredients I started using my thermomix more but was a life saver when I had babies starting solids. Only reason I didn’t give 5 stars as it does get food stains and is annoying to clean if doing meats as the seem to get stuck in the vents.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Manj

ManjSydney

Fault in product allows mould to grow in jug

I do not recommnend this product. There is a small hole at the bottom of the jug that allows food and water to enter an area that cannot be cleaned and mould to grow. Philips Advent customer service state this ius still safe to use as the mould does not directly touch the food but I dont think it is safe to wash mouldy appliances in the kitchen or to allow mould to grow on any kitchen appliance.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Denny

DennySydney

Best baby food blender

Avent really did their job in providing utensils for baby. This steamer and blender is easy to use, easy to clean and the final food is in perfect texture! It really saves my time - I can just leave the food inside the steamer and come back to it later on with the food steamed into perfection.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Vivienne

VivienneWilliams Landing

The blades are sharp.

It does it work and is quite reliable. However when my mother in law washed it she had her fingers cut by the blades. I would hope the design of the blades are safer for cleaning. In general the function is good, but if there is a timer for the steaming function or blending function it could be better. Now we have to stand next to the machine in case it over cooked the food.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Cherry

CherryBrisbane

Amazing appliance

I love this appliance because it doesn't just help me make food for the bub but it also help me in making soups, pastas etc. One thing I am not happy about is the noise that this blender makes everytime i use it. Considering the price, I thought it was silent but it produces that sound. If you're not bothered by it, you can get this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Vanessa Yuen

Vanessa YuenSydney

Good life start from it

I need sometime fresh juice every day. Before that I was using the Kmart combined steamer, it is not bad, my boyfriend get me a new one which philips agent combined steamer and blender, I like it so much, easy to clean and easy to use. It is not complicated.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jamie

JamieIllawarra, NSW

Absolutely amazing product for mum with the new baby steam tip over blend. baby food is done so easy to use so easy to clean. it is a little bit noisy but what blender isn't. And it's just not for baby food you can use it with every day use making smoothies purees bananas fruit veggies meet perfectly I'm so happy with this product I've used it for both my babies Which are five years apart and it still going strong love Love love this product

Date PurchasedMay 2010
Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Jamie, that sounds wonderful! :) We love ❤️❤️❤️ this review and thanks again for your kind words.

Sam

SamSydney

Life saver little machine

I bought this little magical machine only recently. It is amazing, very easy to prepare healthy meal for my baby. I wish I had it with my first 2 children would’ve saved myself a lot of money and effort in preparing. My only down side it needs regular cleaning but still life saver for mom of 3.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Erik

Erik

Simple to use

It is a blender that does does everything a blender needs. Although it may look slightly ugly at first. But what gets the jobs done is what matter. Also steam do come out sometimes and can be quiet dangerous. I think Philips need to look more closely at the safety features.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Xuezhu

XuezhuSydney

Easy to use and save my time

It’s easy to use and can save my time. If you look after your baby by yourself, it’s worth to have it. But the lid of it is hard to clean up. So the lid will look very dirty after a few times use which I think is a design defect of this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
See all Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker reviews

Amy

Amyasked

Hi there,

I have a 3 in 1 Phillip Avent steamer blender, bought in Australia. It has been working fine and I absolutely loved it. However the blend function does not work properly now, the blade does not seem to spin when I turn on. I am in vietnam, is there a number I can call to get support?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thanks for asking. You can contact our local colleagues here: https://www.philips.com.vn/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=MOTHER_AND_CHILD_CARE_GR

Please know that the support in English might be limited.

Hope this helps!

Jacqueline A.

Jacqueline A.asked

2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

Hello! Can I steam chicken and veggies at the same time? And is it safe to cook them together? Thank you

Hello Jacqueline,

Thanks for your question. It's certainly possible to steam both chicken and veggies both together, though keep in mind that you need to consider the different steaming times, for more info check out this link: https://philips.to/39Ls4j3. We further also want to emphasize that we recommend following your local food safety guidelines and cleaning the device before and after usage. We hope this answers your question.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for your questions. It is absolutely safe to steam chicken and veggies together. You can find specific instructions in the recipe booklet. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, just let us know. :)

shraddha j.
shraddha j.

Is it made of plastic? Is it not harmful for baby to steam her food in this ?

Lisseth C.

Lisseth C.asked

2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

If I steam vegetables and meat what should be time and the amount of water? Considering that for vegetables is 15 min (150ml) and meat is 20 min (200ml). Additional to this is the steamer reaches 20 min should I stop it or should I wait for the beep?
If there is water remain represents a big issue? Thank you

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Lisseth, thank you for your review. We recommend you to reach out to our product team, as they could answer your questions the best way. You could contact them with this phone number: 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope this information helps you!

Get an answer from our members and Philips Avent representatives