Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21 (page 4 of 7)

3.7

DonzLW

DonzLWMelbourne

EXCELLENT - easy to use

This is one of the best products I have purchased! I'm not a great cook so this is perfect for me. Just wash veggies or fruit, chop them, steam then blend, it's so easy.
The booklet is great with easy to follow instructions (water measurements etc) and has a few great recipes to try.

I'm wondering if White is the best colour for the lid though as carrot has stained it. That said, it in no way impacts the use of the machine.

To start with, dissembling Thd lid parts, to clean, is a little tricky but becomes second nature in no time.
I also found it more tricky to clean meat from inside the lid but, again, becomes second nature (best to soak it immediately after use before washing).

I love this machine!

JustineBTownsville

Great, but cleaning can be an issue

Unfortunately my Avent Steamer Blender has built up mould in the water tank and I can find no way to get it out. I have following the instructions for cleaning and descaling but this has only removed some of the build up. I am worried this may be dangerous to now use to make food for bub.

JustineB

The part I am having trouble cleaning is the water tank which is where the motor is and cannot be immersed in water. Very happy to hear other solutions.

Great when working

Good product overall but has a few flaws. There's a little bit of plastic on the lid that is needed to lock the lid in place. This has broken off and without it the blender won't work. This bit isn't covered by warranty so now the product is pretty much useless. Shame as it wasn't exactly cheap.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Maria. You might be able to order that from our care center officials! Hope you will give it a chance. You can reach them at 1300 363 391, option 3 (for Australia) or at 0800 658 224, option 3 (for New Zealand).

Baby Food Makers

Find out how Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21 compares to other Baby Food Makers

Brooke C

Brooke C

Great product perfect baby food

Easy to use, no fuss, no mess, minimal parts to clean. My son loves his fresh made puree! Pumpkin & sweet potato have stained the inside of white lid after 1 batch made. AVENT can you suggest the best way to clean this! I would hate for it to be permanently stained after 2nd use :-(

Safe and simple to use

Have had this unit since my dd was 4months and she is now 4 and I still find uses for the steam blender.

Love the fact I can pop in dishwasher and simply rinse n empty the water well n I am done.

Never had an issue & could not ask for more. Still like new after 4 years of use.

Love it!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Dee. Sounds good! Thanks for the review and the kind words. Hope this product is useful to you for at least 4 more years. :)

AusitnMelbourne

Terrible product. Be careful of Food poisoning!

Ausitn

What a wonderful official response! The response is so official which could serve as an excuse for any faulty product. I am so disappointed at their Customer Service, period.

fantastic product

Easy to use, just turn it to blend after steam done.
This product is fully recommended for all mommy. Who has not buy, you need to buy!
6mo-1y : start feeding puree, from fruits (apple, pear, star fruit, avocado) to some veges (brocolli, cauliflower, sweet potato, potato, spinach, etc)
Above 1y, in fact now my twins coming 3y, breakfast tips: oatmeal+fruit puree
Snack tips: steam brocolli with cheese, steam garden peas (healty snack)
Meal tips: pasta sauce prepared in 20mins.
So easy.
I will still use this product maybe till their 10y.

Epg

EpgEast sussex

Convenient but with a few flaws

Great idea with the combination of a steamer and blender,very easy to use,but I'm not 100% satisfied, when I steam food it always leaves a puddle of water in with the food I've steamed so I have to carefully drain it out, then when I blend it it doesn't seem to blend all the contents to a smooth consistency appropriate for my 6 month old,also this is my biggest turn off,is that it tastes of plastic! It leaves the food with a horrible plastic taste and smell! Maybe it will fade in time but it's a big downer and my son definitely doesn't like it and can't blame him!, for the price and well established brand I was expecting a lot more.

Yet another great Avent product...

Was initially worried after reading some reviews, but since I had already bought it I decided to try it. The steamer/ blender is the ideal food prep tool for weaning. I have used it for less than a week now and I really like how it minimizes requires contact with food after initial dicing. We are doing smooth purees for now and the blender does this great. I am curious to see how it handles coarser blends including meats as we go along. Happy for now!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Glad to hear this Roy! :)

robmate6

robmate6

Good at the start, but a cheap product not made to last

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello, we're sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with one of our products. Would you be able to reach out to us via 1300 363 391? We'd like to see what we can do to help. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Lhen

LhenBrisbane

So handy

This steamer/blender is fantastic and so easy to use! Everything (steaming and blending) is done in one container which saves a lot of time. It only takes few minutes to prepare fresh meals for your baby, I am so happy we got this as a present when we started introducing solids to our twins. I use it everyday and it's easy to clean and the food tastes great!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Lhen, thank you for writing your review. Great to hear you like the Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender so much!

The best baby steamer/blender

This is a perfect steamer/blender i have found. it is great and does exactly what i need. i have used it so far for both of my little ones in the last three years and it works perfect. The only slight problem i have is the food stains sometimes especially of carrot and meat it is hard to get off the inside of lid even after soaking in vinegar. But overall it is a great product i recommend to all mothers. :)

Philips S.Philips Avent

Thanks for sharing this Marissa :)

Er

ErNorth ryde

Blade

Hi, I experienced a problem with the blade unit after 3months. When I don't put food, it rotates. But when I cut the food into very small cubes and put in without going above maximum line, the blade of the blender doesn't rotate or blend.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there. How unfortunate. Have you tried calling our product experts? They might know more about this issue. Please contact them at 1300 363 391, option 3. Thanks.

Awful stopped working after a month

When i first used the steam blender it worked like a dream. After a month, the steam function abruptly stopped working when I clicked the jar in place. It would only start after I loosened the jar position, which led to the steam leaking from the valve. I have already descaled the machine and made sure the lid of the water tank is properly shut.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello, what an unfortunate situation. Granted, that is not the way the appliance is supposed to work. Would you be able to reach out to us via 1300 363 391 so we can see what we can do to help? Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Damon

DamonBrisbane

Makes perfect baby food

Used this for the first time last week as my little one is now ready for solids. There's not a lot to say except that this product works exactly like it is supposed to. It steams then it blends. I followed directions to the letter, the steaming functioned worked perfectly then flipped it over and blended, the baby food came out perfect, not a lump in sight.

Philips S.Philips Avent

We are glad to hear this Damon!

Baby Food Makers

Works like magic, No fuss on cleaning

Philips S.Philips Avent

We are very glad to hear this!

Steamer function doesn't work

RThach
RThach
Natalie

NatalieCairns, Queensland

Great Product

I had reservations after reading reviews on here but I'm glad i decided to try for myself. Some people must have unfortunately bought dodgy ones, mine is easy to use, its quiet and works perfectly for what its designed for (homemade baby food) I'm very happy with my purchase. If anything i thought it was slightly overpriced. Glad i waitied for the boxing day sales.

Kayla

KaylaJacka 2914, ACT

Weak and not worth it

I was really excited and wanted this little machine to work for me and my baby but it didn't. I tried to use the blender with cauliflower, apples, and carrots and was very disappointed in the performance; it cannot be used longer than 30 seconds. The motor is very weak, and I found out that I had to finely dice fruit and veggies or else it will not turn. Well, I still use it because the steamer works fine, but I don't think it's worth the price.

Love it!

I have had this for the last 4 years, and have used it for both my childrens baby food. But it has also been great for other things as well. Making breadcrumbs, some extra hidden vege purees for lasagne and burger patties ect. I use it all the time, I just wish there was a larger version. The only problem is the lid of the steamer part is hard to get apart to clean it, I'd probably take off half a star for that if you could give 41/2.

See all Philips Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker reviews

Amy

Amyasked

Hi there,

I have a 3 in 1 Phillip Avent steamer blender, bought in Australia. It has been working fine and I absolutely loved it. However the blend function does not work properly now, the blade does not seem to spin when I turn on. I am in vietnam, is there a number I can call to get support?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thanks for asking. You can contact our local colleagues here: https://www.philips.com.vn/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=MOTHER_AND_CHILD_CARE_GR

Please know that the support in English might be limited.

Hope this helps!

Jacqueline A.

Jacqueline A.asked

2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

Hello! Can I steam chicken and veggies at the same time? And is it safe to cook them together? Thank you

Hello Jacqueline,

Thanks for your question. It's certainly possible to steam both chicken and veggies both together, though keep in mind that you need to consider the different steaming times, for more info check out this link: https://philips.to/39Ls4j3. We further also want to emphasize that we recommend following your local food safety guidelines and cleaning the device before and after usage. We hope this answers your question.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for your questions. It is absolutely safe to steam chicken and veggies together. You can find specific instructions in the recipe booklet. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, just let us know. :)

shraddha j.
shraddha j.

Is it made of plastic? Is it not harmful for baby to steam her food in this ?

Lisseth C.

Lisseth C.asked

2-in-1 Healthy Baby Food Maker SCF870/21

If I steam vegetables and meat what should be time and the amount of water? Considering that for vegetables is 15 min (150ml) and meat is 20 min (200ml). Additional to this is the steamer reaches 20 min should I stop it or should I wait for the beep?
If there is water remain represents a big issue? Thank you

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Lisseth, thank you for your review. We recommend you to reach out to our product team, as they could answer your questions the best way. You could contact them with this phone number: 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope this information helps you!

Get an answer from our members and Philips Avent representatives