Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 (page 2 of 2)

SCH550/20 (Blue), SCH550/21 (Pink)

NatDe

NatDe

I was never really confident with checking the bath water temperature with my first two babies. I bought this thermometer for baby number three and now I can be confident that the water temperature is just right. It is great that my daughter can also play with it while she is in the bath. At other times it sits on her book shelf so that I can moniter her room temperature. I would definately recommend this.
Simple to use. Works for both bath water and bedroom so much more versatile than bath-only products. Also meets toy safety standards.
None really but it would be nice if it came in pink as well as blue.

Lea75

Lea75

I love this product and am soo glad I bought one. I look at it every time I enter his room and every night when he has a bath to check the temperature. I highly recommend it!
Can be used the bedroom and the bath. A lot cheaper than other brands.

See all Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 reviews

Clodeboasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

After two years use the battery has died. Is there anyway of changing it? Minus the mold its been very useful!

rjovo
rjovo

There is. You can download the user guide from the Philips website for the instructions which includes the battery type required. We did it but didn't add grease to improve the waterproofing so after changing the battery water starting condensing over the display until it became unreadable - so I'd recommend following that step. We were otherwise really happy with the product so we ended up buying a replacement.

Philips Avent
Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there! To add to the comment of Rjovo, you can find the instruction for replacing the battery here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sch550_20/sch550_20_dfu_nld.pdf. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Brilliant. thanks

BMG

BMGasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Hi! I've recently purchased this thermometer and with my baby due in 2 weeks wanted to get a gauge for the temperature of our bedroom but find myself struggling to turn on - screen is currently blank, does it not come with batteries or am I being really stupid? Help appreciated :-)

Donna

Hi. The thermometer should come already working. I would return it to where you bought it from, as I read that it's quite difficult to replace the battery. Hope this helps.

Emma
Emma

Hello, yes, the screen should be on and working. Take back to where you bought it or call Phillips Avent directly. Phillips will ask you for proof of purchase, I think it should work for approx 2yrs so they want to check you haven't had it that long!

Sue

Sueasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Can you get a laser thermometer for the babies head?

Donna

Hello Sue, this is not a thermometer for taking a child's temperature.

Vee's Mum
Vee's Mum

The Phillips thermometer mentioned above is only suitable to measure bath and room temperature. There are other thermometers on the market which can measure body temperature, room temperature and surface temperature

Philips Avent
Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sue, thanks for your question. We strongly advise you not to use the thermometer to measure the temperature of your baby, since the SCH550 is made to measure the temperature of a room and water. Please feel free to contact us at 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia), regarding any other queries about this product.

Kind regards,