Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

SCH550/20 (Blue), SCH550/21 (Pink)

AJBMiddle Park

Completely unreliable

Vee's MumMelbourne

Condensation makes it difficult to read display

We use the thermometer in the bath daily and like the fact that you can have your hands free while the thermometer is floating in the bath. The thermometer worked well initially. However, after only 3 months, the condensation has built up so much that it is difficult to read the display.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello, that doesn't sound very good. We'd like to see what we can do to help you. Would you be able to reach out to us via 1300 363 391? Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Vee's Mum

Thanks Philips Australia. I was able to swap the thermometer for a brand new one at the shop today.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Good to hear that! If you ever need assistance again, don't hesitate to contact us on Facebook or Twitter, or on product review again :) Enjoy your day!

See all Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 reviews

Clodeboasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

After two years use the battery has died. Is there anyway of changing it? Minus the mold its been very useful!

rjovo
rjovo

There is. You can download the user guide from the Philips website for the instructions which includes the battery type required. We did it but didn't add grease to improve the waterproofing so after changing the battery water starting condensing over the display until it became unreadable - so I'd recommend following that step. We were otherwise really happy with the product so we ended up buying a replacement.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there! To add to the comment of Rjovo, you can find the instruction for replacing the battery here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sch550_20/sch550_20_dfu_nld.pdf. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Brilliant. thanks

BMG

BMGasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Hi! I've recently purchased this thermometer and with my baby due in 2 weeks wanted to get a gauge for the temperature of our bedroom but find myself struggling to turn on - screen is currently blank, does it not come with batteries or am I being really stupid? Help appreciated :-)

Donna

Hi. The thermometer should come already working. I would return it to where you bought it from, as I read that it's quite difficult to replace the battery. Hope this helps.

Emma
Emma

Hello, yes, the screen should be on and working. Take back to where you bought it or call Phillips Avent directly. Phillips will ask you for proof of purchase, I think it should work for approx 2yrs so they want to check you haven't had it that long!

Sue

Sueasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Can you get a laser thermometer for the babies head?

Donna

Hello Sue, this is not a thermometer for taking a child's temperature.

Vee's Mum

The Phillips thermometer mentioned above is only suitable to measure bath and room temperature. There are other thermometers on the market which can measure body temperature, room temperature and surface temperature

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sue, thanks for your question. We strongly advise you not to use the thermometer to measure the temperature of your baby, since the SCH550 is made to measure the temperature of a room and water. Please feel free to contact us at 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia), regarding any other queries about this product.

Kind regards,