Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

SCH550/20 (Blue), SCH550/21 (Pink)

Mick

MickWestern Australia

Product Works and is accurate however not designed well, gets mould

I have had this product for 6 months. The first 3-4 months is great but the circle around the temperature display has a groove in it that gets mould in it, and it very difficult to clean.. Don't get me wrong the product is great but requires to be engineered better to prevent mould from being stuck in that area. Not worth putting childs health at risk as they tend to pick it up and suck on it.

Purchased in May 2018 for A$39.99.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Was awesome - now cloudy screen and no numbers

This worked awesome for 11 months or so then my daughter hid it for sometime we found it under the change table and it had gone all cloudy and no numbers are coming up anymore it's really disappointing as we've moved to a new house so I want to check the temp in her room and I can't!

Did Not give an accurate Temperature reading

The product worked very well for the first 5 months and the baby enjoyed playing with it. We also found it useful because it read the room temperature too. However recently we have noticed that the readings were not as accurate, the temperature would read 35 degrees but when checked with another thermometer it read 40.8 degrees I was fortunate we checked before putting the baby in.

Baby Thermometers

Find out how Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 compares to other Baby Thermometers

Lesley L

Lesley LPenrith

Worked well for a little over a year only

Worked well for a year only. I liked that it was for both bath and room temperature - seriously considered buying another so we could keep one in bathroom and one in baby's room. I'm glad I didn't end up buying another as it started to become foggy/cloudy from the bath water and now does not work.
Won't be getting another for this Bub. Disappointing product!!

Disappointed

I had this bath thermometer for my last baby 4 years ago and loved it. After 4 years it was old so i purchased a nice pink one for my new baby. Only worked for 3 baths and the display has condensation and faded numbers i can't even read. Totally annoyed as it was $35.

cheryl

And my replacement one has stopped working

Has only worked for few months

This is the second thermometer I have bought of the same kind. Only worked for several months and the display has condensation and faded numbers. Very disappointing, considering it retails for $35. I purchased both from baby bunting but have no proof of purchase, what are my options firxa replacement?

EmmaSydney, NSW

Lasted less than 5 months

Great concept but unfortunately my thermometer has lasted less than 5 months of use. Used regularly in the bath, the display has faded to nothing and there's condensation inside. Not exactly ideal for a bath thermometer to not be water proof??? So disappointed in what I had thought was a good product

Can't read te temperature

We used this product in the bath and ever since there has been condensation inside the display and it is very hard to read the temperature.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello, thank you for writing your review. We would like to discuss further to see what we can do for you. Could you please call us at 1300 363 391(AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ)? Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.

See all Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 reviews

Clodeboasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

After two years use the battery has died. Is there anyway of changing it? Minus the mold its been very useful!

rjovo
rjovo

There is. You can download the user guide from the Philips website for the instructions which includes the battery type required. We did it but didn't add grease to improve the waterproofing so after changing the battery water starting condensing over the display until it became unreadable - so I'd recommend following that step. We were otherwise really happy with the product so we ended up buying a replacement.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there! To add to the comment of Rjovo, you can find the instruction for replacing the battery here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sch550_20/sch550_20_dfu_nld.pdf. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Brilliant. thanks

BMG

BMGasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Hi! I've recently purchased this thermometer and with my baby due in 2 weeks wanted to get a gauge for the temperature of our bedroom but find myself struggling to turn on - screen is currently blank, does it not come with batteries or am I being really stupid? Help appreciated :-)

Donna

Hi. The thermometer should come already working. I would return it to where you bought it from, as I read that it's quite difficult to replace the battery. Hope this helps.

Emma

Hello, yes, the screen should be on and working. Take back to where you bought it or call Phillips Avent directly. Phillips will ask you for proof of purchase, I think it should work for approx 2yrs so they want to check you haven't had it that long!

Sue

Sueasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Can you get a laser thermometer for the babies head?

Donna

Hello Sue, this is not a thermometer for taking a child's temperature.

Vee's Mum
Vee's Mum

The Phillips thermometer mentioned above is only suitable to measure bath and room temperature. There are other thermometers on the market which can measure body temperature, room temperature and surface temperature

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sue, thanks for your question. We strongly advise you not to use the thermometer to measure the temperature of your baby, since the SCH550 is made to measure the temperature of a room and water. Please feel free to contact us at 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia), regarding any other queries about this product.

Kind regards,