Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

SCH550/20 (Blue), SCH550/21 (Pink)

Dba

Dba

Prevents many an argument

With our first baby, husband and I would argue about the water temperature. The 'fish' thermometer we had was too inaccurate. We LOVE this one. At the correct temperature, our baby just entered blissful bath-state and we loved it!

I haven't had the clouding issue that I have seen in other reviews. The battery lasted us about 1.5 years, before running out. The battery is replaceable, but I haven't got around to doing so yet.

It does take a good 20 seconds immersed to give you an accurate reading, which FEELS like ages, but really isn't.

rjovoSydney

Great product for piece of mind.

Knowing that we have always got the bath temperature right has given us piece of mind and we are really happy with the avent bath/room thermometer. We are onto our second one. The first did eventually run out of battery after over a year of continuous use. We changed the battery but didn't add silicon grease to help with waterproofing so it did become compromised and began to condensate until it was unreadable. We loved it so much and felt it did give us value for money that we have purchased a second one.

Hello rjovo,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here! We can learn a lot from our customers feedback. Glad that you like to thermometer. Do let us know if any issues occur. We might be able to help out.

NicoleMelbourne

Excellent before condensation set in!

We bought this for our new babies room and to use in the bath (I liked that it could be used for both). Fantastic at the start, very accurate & a good size, however after 4 months can no longer use due to the temp being illegible due to condensation.

Nicole

Made a visit to baby bunting and they exchanged the product with no issue what so ever. Great outcome.

Baby Thermometers

Find out how Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 compares to other Baby Thermometers

Jenny T

Jenny TMelbourne

Works as it should

I saw this at toys r us and initially decided not to purchase this to save money. However my husband and I kept disagreeing over the bath water temperature so a week later I went back and purchased this.

No more disagreement, the temperature is always perfect and our baby boy has stopped crying when take him out of the bath.

A little pricey as you can get a rubber duck that does the same for a fraction of the cost (but it only reads bath water temperature) which in retrospect is all we need because I already have a room thermometer.
It is a pretty design so for those who needs a room and bath thermometer this is perfect.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Lovely to hear that, Jenny. Thanks for this feedback and enjoy your little one :-)

See all Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 reviews

Clodeboasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

After two years use the battery has died. Is there anyway of changing it? Minus the mold its been very useful!

rjovo

There is. You can download the user guide from the Philips website for the instructions which includes the battery type required. We did it but didn't add grease to improve the waterproofing so after changing the battery water starting condensing over the display until it became unreadable - so I'd recommend following that step. We were otherwise really happy with the product so we ended up buying a replacement.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there! To add to the comment of Rjovo, you can find the instruction for replacing the battery here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sch550_20/sch550_20_dfu_nld.pdf. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Brilliant. thanks

BMG

BMGasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Hi! I've recently purchased this thermometer and with my baby due in 2 weeks wanted to get a gauge for the temperature of our bedroom but find myself struggling to turn on - screen is currently blank, does it not come with batteries or am I being really stupid? Help appreciated :-)

Donna

Hi. The thermometer should come already working. I would return it to where you bought it from, as I read that it's quite difficult to replace the battery. Hope this helps.

Emma
Emma

Hello, yes, the screen should be on and working. Take back to where you bought it or call Phillips Avent directly. Phillips will ask you for proof of purchase, I think it should work for approx 2yrs so they want to check you haven't had it that long!

Sue

Sueasked

Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Can you get a laser thermometer for the babies head?

Donna

Hello Sue, this is not a thermometer for taking a child's temperature.

Vee's Mum
Vee's Mum

The Phillips thermometer mentioned above is only suitable to measure bath and room temperature. There are other thermometers on the market which can measure body temperature, room temperature and surface temperature

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sue, thanks for your question. We strongly advise you not to use the thermometer to measure the temperature of your baby, since the SCH550 is made to measure the temperature of a room and water. Please feel free to contact us at 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia), regarding any other queries about this product.

Kind regards,