Philips Avent Microwave Steam

Philips Avent Microwave Steam (page 2 of 5)

SCF271/06, SCF282

FatherJon

FatherJonNT, 0836

Super simple standard steriliser.

This steriliser is made of sturdy plastic for the bottom, top and inner. Its very simple to use, just pour water in and put in the microwave. You do have to be careful when taking the steriliser out of the microwave though because it will be hot and the inside will be full of steam. Even though its avent brand we managed to use many size of bottles inside it including mam and coles. Ours also came with a bottle, dummy and bottle brush, so it was a great starter kit. Plus when we had issues understanding some information and contacted philips someone called us right back with all the info we could need. I highly recommend this steriliser and company for their customer service.
Easy to use, customer service

jayden_akira

jayden_akiraNew South Wales, 2573

Great sterilizer

This is so easy to use! and a great combo with the avent bottles.. they fit perfectly and stays sterile , also comes with free bottles which is a bonus!.. after buying 3 other popular brands i finally bought this one and its amazing. will definately buy the same again and reccomend it to all my friends
Compact, lid locks shut!

shortymum

shortymumGymea

Okay steam steriliser

We got it because we were given some avent bottles but we changed to pigeon after the speech pathologist told us that avent were the worse bottles because the teat is not natural for a baby.
So we tried to use the microwave steriliser with the other bottles but they wouldn't take other bottles. But some other steam sterilisers do take other bottles not just their own. Expensive purchase if you don't manage to find one on sale.

It also melted in the microwave on the bottom.
cheap on sale.
only fits that particular brand. And it melted on the bottom.

Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Find out how Philips Avent Microwave Steam compares to other Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Jo.king

Jo.kingSYDNEY

Very easy to use

This steriliser is so easy to use - the only design suggestion I would make is that they should have an line on the unit to show where to fill the water up to, because it is a pain to measure out 200ml each time you use it. I also think it is not worth the RRP and should be purchased when on sale. But otherwise I like that you sterilise it in the microwave quickly and easily and then it remains sterilised for 12hours or more if you leave the lid on. Despite the cons, I would recommend this steriliser.
Easy to use, quick to use
Expensive

DomK

DomKNSW, 2113

Very handy product

I was given the sterilizer as a gift and I'm so glad! It's so easy to use! Just pour in 200ml of water, place the bottles and teats in the marked spaces, clip on lid and 2min in the microwave and your done!! How easy could it be! I do a days worth of bottles each night, it takes very little time to wash, sterilize and fill bottles with pre boiled water!
Quick and easy!
Can be a little difficult to arrange bottles when using large sizes.

jaclynb

jaclynbVictoria, 3875

Very handy

This is a super easy and no fuss way to sterilise bottles, dummies etc.
My mother in law has one and has proved to be of endless use and is so easy, quick and convenient to use. Life would be a lot harder without this product and I highly recommend it.
So easy
Because of size, you sometimes have to use a couple of times to get it all done.

nadia-m

nadia-mAU

Waste of time and money

This takes up space, requires lots of cleaning, and I ended up boiling the bottles in a saucepan which Was far easier to clean. If you need to sterilize lots of bottles each day I would look at the electronic ones. Otherwise a large pot will be just as good, cheaper and eaier to clean.
Brand name
Required lots of cleaning otherwise a dirty residue would build up

MummaBug

MummaBugAU

Quick and easy, perfect for busy mums

We bought this as I didn't need another appliance sitting on my bench. It's quick (only 2 minutes in our microwave). It's easy to stack, but I do only use Avent bottles and teats. I do find it harder to stack the larger bottles in, bit of a balancing act even if you follow the manual sometimes they don't sit flush. No bad smells and just chuck it on top rack of dishwasher once in a while to clean.
Quick, inexpensive
The measuring cup only goes to 120mls, yet you need 200mls for the sterilizer- frustrating!

Katiebug

KatiebugVictoria, 3754

So simple and easy to use

This steriliser is just so quick and easy to use. We purchased it on recommendation from friends and it has been one of the best purchases we have made for baby. We are able to sterilise our bottles and teats we need for each day in just 4 minutes. The large capacity means it fits all the things we need to sterilise for the day. It is also suitable for sterilising bottles that aren't Avent brand, however taller skinny bottles may not fit. A fantastic purchase.
Large capacity, quick and easy to stack and use.
Taller skinny bottles may not fit.

SusanKW

SusanKWSA, 5087

So easy!

Could not live without this steriliser. I picked mine up second hand for about $20 dollars and it has been invaluable. As I've gone back to work and am having to express, I am constantly sterilising bottles and expressing equipment. This steriliser is so convenient and quick.
Highly highly recommended if you are bottle feeding with either formula or expressed breast milk.
Everything!

KJKell

KJKell

Nic_1979

Nic_1979Glenmore Park, NSW

Made my life so much easier!

Quick & Easy to use, made my life so much easier, i've heard of people boiling their bottles & dummies etc to sterilize them & I seriously think they must be crazy to waste so much time! I bought mine on sale at Toys R Us for $36! (so cheap considering they normally retail for around $70!) I'd suggest holding out for the sales, but definately a must have!
Convenient & Quick to use

Perth-Family

Perth-FamilyWA, 6015

Absolute must have when baby is young

capchat

capchatAdelaide, South Australia

Hassle free sterilising

JoM

JoMSYDNEY

Best one - quicker, cheaper, easier to use

You just whack the thing in the microwave with a bit of water for 4 minutes and you're done. Brilliant!

Doesn't take up bench space. Doesn't need to be warmed up and plugged into a powerpoint or take as long as most of the others. Sterilises just as effectively. Well worth it.
Inexpensive, faster, easy

KDub

KDubVic, 3146

Bulky but convenient

It's a very quick steriliser. We have a low power microwave and it still only takes 6 minutes. It fits quite a lot in there and basically all baby feeding products are ok to go in there. We used it for bottles, teats, dummies and spoons. We weren't using Avent bottles for bub and the bottles we used were a bit too tall for the steriliser, however it still fit 3 lying down and then a couple of teats and smaller items as well.
Quick and easy to use. Fits a lot.
Bulky - wouldn't want to travel with it. Because you don't use it for long in the space of bub's life, you'll need some storage area if you're planning to keep it!

nurse084

nurse084

Couldn't live without it!!

I scored this beauty on Ebay for $10 (RRP $70). It is one of the best investments I made for my daughter. It really us fool proof. No chemicals, cords etc.
Convenient, easy to use, effective. Takes 3 mins to sterilise up to 6 bottles.
Expensive if purchased brand new, difficult to travel with- but then again most sterilisers are.

EV79Lawton

EV79LawtonWA, 6018

Save time and worth every cents of it

After read thru all the users' comments and recommended by my friend.
I have decided to buy this steriliser and it is really worth every cents of it. It good for traveling, save time and easy to use.

kazm76

kazm76Southwest, VIC

Quick and easy to use

I was given this by a friend and have found it very quick and easy to use and it does the job.
Quick, bottles are sterilised in only a few minutes
Can't think of any

sarahnolanclarke

sarahnolanclarkeQueensland, 4077

Saves so much time and is simple and effective

I went from sterilising my bottles in a pot on the stove the old fashioned way and I am saving myself so much time and effort. This steriliser is great for those using Avent products. It's really easy and quick to load and in around 4 minutes you have completely sterile bottles. It's a bit silly that the measuring cup that's included doesn't hold the 200mls of water required to steam the contents, but I just measure out 200mls in one of the bottles before I load them in. It's not too expensive for what it is and seems to be pretty durable so far. I use it one a day normally.
Easy to load and use, quick, super handy for travel
Measuring cup is useless but that's no big dealTarget

See all Philips Avent Microwave Steam reviews

CinD

CinDasked

Microwave Steam

How do I store my bottles and teats after sterilizing? I left it on the drying rack but there's still moisture in everything (everything evaporates nicely when I boil though).

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi CinD, thanks for reaching out. It is recommended that you do not leave a feeding nipple or AirFree vent insert in direct sunlight or heat. Also never leave in disinfectant for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the parts. Keep all parts dry in a covered container. You can find more information here: https://philips.to/2TbYEoF

If you have any further questions, we’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). You can also reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Sally S.

Sally S.asked

Microwave Steam

The cover melted as i accidentally pressed on grill in the microwave
Can i still use it to sterilizer? Is it safe or shall i get rid of the lid?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sally, thanks for reaching out to us here. We're sorry to hear the cover of your Avent Microwave Steam has melted. We'd recommend putting it aside for the time being until our product specialists have had a look for you. You can reach them directly at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to look into it for you, and will guide you through the whole process. If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Louise

Louiseasked

Microwave Steam

My bottles and microwave steriliser have not been used for 7 years. Will it all be ok to use for my second child?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Louise, thank you for the question. We recommend you to contact our product team, to get the best possible answer. You could reach them through: 1300 363 391 for Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. They're available from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope that this information will help you!

Kind regards,