Philips Avent Microwave Steam

Philips Avent Microwave Steam (page 3 of 5)

SCF271/06, SCF282

littlejoeyg

littlejoeygAU

So so easy for me as a first time mum and even for doting dad to use.

I have not yet had my baby but have purchased the microwave steriliser along with probably way too many bottles as I intend to breastfeed. I purchased 8 bottles and two free with the steriliser so 10 in total. :-)

I feel so confident now knowing that should I need bottles or dummies to be sterilised then its just into the microwave for two minutes. I also was told by a great friend that I can put all of the breast pump accessories into the steriliser and feeding bub is so much easier.

I feel confident and have no worries about taking it when travelling as it will fit easily into a suitcase.
Love its ease of use and quicker than the other sterilisers that I looked at.

RennenO

RennenOAU

Great product and easy to use

A great easy to use product. Small enough that i could take it travelling and large enough that i can sterilise several products at a time.
Easy to use and a great size
A little expensive compared to others, cant understand why the cup is not 200ml

Vojo

VojoAU

Easy to use!

This is the only steriliser I have used and dont think I would need anything else. I can fit a few bottles in there plus the pieces of my breast pump (also Phillips brand). Its easy to clean and you can keep it in the microwave until your ready to use any of the stuff. Compared to an electric steriliser ther price was very reasonable.
Easy to use and works great with other Phillips products.

Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Find out how Philips Avent Microwave Steam compares to other Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

BelMarDom

BelMarDomAU

So simple yet so effective!

There's no need to spend a lot of money on any other brand when K-Mart offers this fantastic low cost option for sterilizing your babies bottles and pump parts.
Easy to use, effective and cheap

JEB

JEBAU

Just wonderful and so so easy to use!

I purchased this steamer for my second child and never looked back (if only I had purchased this for my first child). Just fill with bottles,add water than place in microwave and let it all happen. It makes bottle sterilising time stress free!
very reliable, inexpensive and hassle free

tcjae10

tcjae10Australia, 2430

Don't see the point in buying an electronic sterilizer, when the microwave one does it just the same, and is just as easy to use. I wasn't sure how it would go with bottles that weren't of the same brand, but it turned out fine, sometimes would have to have less than 6 bottles in it but that wasn't a problem.
- Quick
- Easy to use
- Holds up to six bottles
- Can also be used for non-Avent bottles
- Does the same things as an electronic sterilizer

MissTsmum

MissTsmumAU

Love it, takes other brands of bottles.

katemack

katemackAU

This is a great, cheap way to sterilise. I bought this over an electric steriliser as it takes only a couple of minutes and is far cheaper. I have used it several times a day for the last 5 months and have not had any problems.
Easy to use
Quick
Holds heaps of bottles, teats, lids etc
Holds all different brands of bottles
Too bulky to take when travelling

Aims

AimsAU

I Love this product, would highly recommend to anyone and you are not using anything artificial to sterilise your babies bottles. If you manage to get it on special even better!!
It only takes 2 minutes to sterilise!!!! Easy to clean. Simple to use. Stays sterile for some time if the the lid remains on. I just put it in microwave at night before i go to bed and its realy to go in the morning. Mine came with a 120ml and 260ml bottle included and was purchased from Big W on special.
Can be expensive if not on sale. Requires 200ml of water to sterilise but the measuring cup provided is only 120ml. (not a major con, just annoying).

Consumer123

Consumer123Adel

It's really a time-saver! Would strongly recommended to parents - great way of sterilizing bottles (compared to the old traditional way). The bottles remained sterilized for the next 12 hours if the cover remains closed after microwaved. Love it!
Very easy to use & clean. Fast way of sterilizing bottles in 2 mins only. Can be taken with you while away on holiday, as long as there's a microwave - very convenient. And it's made by Avent, so I have the confidence that it's safe for my baby.
A bit of staining at the bottom after using it for long time (I use it many times a day to sterilize the bottles).

ausbabe

ausbabeAU

This is a brilliant product. I would recommend it to anyone. The best part is that it is so fast and no chemicals are needed.
Very easy to use - just load and add water.
No moving parts/electronics - so it can't break down.
Low maintenence - it does not appear to get dirty.
Very quick - Sterilizes in our microwave in 4 minutes, which is brilliant in the middle of the night when you realise there are no clean bottles.
No nasty chemicals - uses steam to sterilize.
Can fit 6 bottles, 6 teats and dummies in at the same time.
Obviously care needs to be taken when opening it after it has sterized as extremely hot steam escapes.
While initially expensive it has been in constant use so we have definately got our money's worth!

sgoodall

sgoodallAU

I'd been using an old avent steriliser (over 10 years old) and it was very basic. I bought the new one mail order so didn't realise until I got it that it had all the special compartments for teats/bottles/lids etc and can't believe how much stuff I can fit in it. What used to take 3 loads in the old steriliser only takes one 6 minute cycle. Couldn't be happier.
Compact in size
Fits 6 bottles including teats and covers
Quick to sterilise (I have an old microwave with low wattage and it only takes 6 minutes)
I'm using a mix of Medela and Avent bottles and can fit both types in the steriliser. It's not quite high enough for the Medela but with a slight lean on them they fit in properly.
Nothing so far.

Nicney

NicneyAU

I would recommend this - I can't stress the ease of use enough! If you are sterilizing everyday, this product is so quick and easy to use. It's great.
Very easy and quick. Fits a lot, for example 5 bottles and a dummy.

It's a fantastic product. You can add a lot of stuff in it that you wanna sterilise. Highly recommend this to all!
So easy to use!!! Makes sterlising easy and quick and hassel free!
just dont like the measuring cup that comes with it but then i use one of my own cups to measure the water

happysnappy

happysnappyAU

Bad

I borrowed this and wasn't impressed at all! I still needed to sterilise the bottle teats seperately, so in the end I just chucked teats and bottle in the saucepan and boiled in water for three minutes, rather than starting the process twice.
Easy as you just have to fill it with water and put in the microwave for 3 minutes. Easy to wash.
It says not to sterilize bottle teats in it. So I need to sterilize them seperately. Expensive for a few pieces of plastic.

willbuddy

willbuddy

We really love this product. Bottles/ pump stay sterilised until the lid is opened so you can sterilise in advance.
Very quick and easy to use.

sarahwwww

sarahwwww

This is a really easy way to sterilise. Life would be a lot harder without this product, I highly recommend it.
Easy to use and so quick to sterilise with no chemicals. Avent bottles all sit in prefectly. The manual expresser all goes inside this steriliser.

lily123

lily123

This is a great steriliser and is good value for money compared to its electric counterparts. Most places have microwaves so it makes for a light alternative when travelling. The free bottle in the box is also very handy. Don't bother with the ring layers - you can just pop the bottles etc in any which way.
Efficient and effective. Fits most bottles and other stuff and is a lot cheaper than an electric steriliser. Usually comes with a free bottle.
Needs care when removing from the microwave as the outside plastic can get very hot. Also when opening do so facing away from you. Very steamy.

trenna

trennaAU

I love the brand avent. I really liked using this sterilizer, it was easy. Mine was a 4 bottle one and i really liked how easy it was and quick, i liked that i could stack the bottles in it to travel if i need to.
It was a little tricky to fit all the bottles in, i had to look at the picture on the front a couple of times to get how they all fit but after that it was a piece of cake. I would recommend this sterilizer to anyone.
Its quick. Easy and self explanatory.
if you don't have a microwave you cant use it. You cant put tall bottles in it.

NatDe

NatDe

Good

We used Milton's sterilising solution with our first baby, but this method is much easier, faster, and chemical free. From what I was told by the hospital midwives the steam sterilising method is also more effective than the Milton's soaking method.
Very easy to use, plenty of room for multiple bottles, pack comes with a bottle and dummy.
Price is more expensive than some other brands.

See all Philips Avent Microwave Steam reviews

CinD

CinDasked

Microwave Steam

How do I store my bottles and teats after sterilizing? I left it on the drying rack but there's still moisture in everything (everything evaporates nicely when I boil though).

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi CinD, thanks for reaching out. It is recommended that you do not leave a feeding nipple or AirFree vent insert in direct sunlight or heat. Also never leave in disinfectant for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the parts. Keep all parts dry in a covered container. You can find more information here: https://philips.to/2TbYEoF

If you have any further questions, we’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). You can also reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Sally S.

Sally S.asked

Microwave Steam

The cover melted as i accidentally pressed on grill in the microwave
Can i still use it to sterilizer? Is it safe or shall i get rid of the lid?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sally, thanks for reaching out to us here. We're sorry to hear the cover of your Avent Microwave Steam has melted. We'd recommend putting it aside for the time being until our product specialists have had a look for you. You can reach them directly at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to look into it for you, and will guide you through the whole process. If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Louise

Louiseasked

Microwave Steam

My bottles and microwave steriliser have not been used for 7 years. Will it all be ok to use for my second child?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Louise, thank you for the question. We recommend you to contact our product team, to get the best possible answer. You could reach them through: 1300 363 391 for Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. They're available from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope that this information will help you!

Kind regards,