Philips Avent Natural

Philips Avent Natural (page 3 of 5)

SCF660/27, SCF673/17, SCF690/17, etc...

3.0

• Bottle LeakageYes (73%) · No (27%)

KelstandhMelbourne

About to lose it. Leaking bottles.

My baby took to these bottles straight away and has no trouble drinking from them. But the leaking is driving me insane. I can't figure it out cause it isn't every time. I've googled and googled but can't get it right. I've tried lining the teats up. Holding bottle different angle. Aggghhhhh

Kelstandh

Update. Hmmm so user error. Turns out we weren't pushing the teats all the way through the top of the white part. Problem fixed. No leaking. Very happy now :)

Philips S.Philips Avent

Glad to hear that and thanks for the update. Feel free to contact us again via the earlier mentioned phone number if you have additional questions.

Kind regards,

Gerry

GerrySydney, NSW

Horrible - leaks all the time

Hospital recommended we go with a peristaltic nipple to slow my baby's bottle milk flow. So we started with small pigeon bottles. 2 months went and those bottles wern't big enough anymore and found the pigeon nipples fit these avent bottles some 1 gave us. Sad to say the avents leek all the time. In random gushes in between feeds. Not where the 3rd party teet fits on either but where the avent white piece fits to the bottle. Horrible product. Going out to purchase more expensive pigeon larger bottles tomorrow. Soiled my childs clothes in the early hours of the morning. Really crappy product. Do yourself a favor go the pidgeon bottles and teets. Costs a lot but well worth it.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Gerry, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Can you contact us on 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia). Or send us a private message along with your contact details, we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish. The teat gets sucked in every feed. Loosen the cap to help it vent and it does nothing. I've changed flow rates but every teat does the same thing. Either he gulps the milk down so fast or the teat gets sucked in and he's not getting anything. Constantly fiddling with it every feed. Leaking everywhere! Don't waste your money. Classic bottles work fine. Dread to think what the new design classic+ bottles will be like if it's the same "vent" system!!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there. It's a pity to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with these bottles. We consider this to be valuable feedback for our development team though. Thanks for submitting the review.

VanessaMelbourne

Beware those that have had difficulty breastfeeding

I had no leakage issues and admit the durable wide neck bottle was easy to wash. But the new design is terrible if you've had breastfeeding issues! Wide neck so wide I couldn't see Bubs face, hiding even her nose, teat too short. Major latching difficulties and when feeding EBM 100% via bottle and Bub is falling asleep during feeds plus losing weight, being able to see what being drank compared to being spit out is very important. Second baby, with my first used anti colic avent and had no issues. Very disappointed with the new product and having wasted so much money on these bottles.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Vanessa. We are sorry to read this! Especially from someone who seems to be a very loyal customer! We would like to thank you for the feedback though. We'll forward it to the Australian Avent team. Might be useful for the development team.

Aurora79

Aurora79Perth

Great bottle, my baby was originally using the mam bottles but refused them after 3 months. Wish I had started out with these, he loves these bottles, have had no issue with leakage (have to make sure you line up the indents). Only thing I would say he's coming up to 10 months old they are a bit hard for him to hold!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Happy to read that you and your boy are happy with these bottles, Aurora. Hope that he will be better able to hold the bottles firmly after a while! But it is noted as feedback for the development team. Many thanks.

Jade

JadeWestern Australia, 6430

Love the Avent Naturals, Much Better Than Classics - NO LEAKS!!

I have twins and have tried 4 brands of bottles including AVENT. I had purchased 15+ Classic Anti Colic Bottles and unfortunately they have all leaked and have constant issues. Avent have contacted me about these and we have discussed the issues. In the meantime I tried the AVENT Naturals and I have to say this is a way superior product that my twins have both easily latched onto, the flow of the teats is great and the NO LEAKING is a BIG ++++++++!! I am very happy with this product.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Jade. Thanks for reviewing the Natural bottles. Sounds good! Thanks for the kind words. Just a pity to hear about the classic bottles though. Good to hear these are better for you :)

Sarah

Sarah

Noisy but ok

Have been using avent since my ds been born 10 months ago, recently did a switch over to natural bottles 310ml. My son takes the bottle better and gets less gas ect however the bottle is noisy ? Makes a whizzing pitchy air sound.. Assuming it's the air valve, I guess this would only be a concern to a silent sleeper but my son sleeps like a rock

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review on the bottle. Happy to see you like it overall. Could you check if there are any parts damaged? Tiny holes for example that can explain the noise? Thanks.

Carolyn

CarolynSydney

Love these bottles!

Have used these bottles since newborn, my son in breastfed with bottle top ups. Have had no problem going between the two methods of feeding and I believe this is down to the design of this bottle. I have always been a big fan of the quality of Avent products, this is the first time I have used the natural bottles and these certainly don't disappoint. Highly recommend!

Philips S.Philips Avent

We're very glad to hear this Carolyn! :)

sarah

sarahMelbourne, Victoria

Not so impressive I reckon

I've used it for 6 months now. Well... I haven't really compared with any other bottles in the market. I have always liked avent due to its idea as interchangeable with other range. Therefore I own everything of avent.. From breast pump to bottle brush. the reason why writing is because I've realised the problem is actually the teat (not my son) after reading some of the reviews! It leaks everywhere And it gets sucked in all the time due to vacuum build up. But the leakage is what I don't like. horrible milk rash n the washing of bibs. And the lid is very hard to be removed!!!!
Anyone knows if there is another teat of a different brand that would fit avent natural bottles???

Jimbo

JimboAU

Buy this if you want your feeding sessions to be a nightmare EVERY SINGLE TIME

Maora

MaoraPyrmont

Good bottles

My daughter just turned 1 year old and I have decided to switch from ordinary plastic to bpa free baby bottles. I bought avent natural bottles just a month ago. The quality was awesome and I love it. Unfortunately, my baby didn't like them. As much as I want to use them, my daughter just isn't a fan. I guess she had already gotten used to plastic bottles and nipples. I'm sure these are great for some babies, but mine finds the nipple too firm and won't latch. This is quite heavy than ordinary bottles too and she can’t bottle fed herself unless you hold it for her which she doesn’t like. So far, I’m happy with the quality and I hope I can use them soon.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Lovely to hear that, Maora! Let's hope it doesn't take too long for your daughter to also fall in love with these bottles.

Caffie

CaffieAustralia

Gave my baby wind.

Tried this with my baby while trying to establish breastfeeding. I used the glass version and my baby got terrible wind pains - crying constantly and not sleeping. I switched him back to the anti-colic Avent bottles and he was fine. I thought I could use them to store expressed breast milk, but I found that it was impossible to get the lid off after they had been refridgerated. I would not recommend these bottles - get the anti-colic ones instead.

Bell87

Bell87

No probs :)

A great bottle, i like how this one didnt have the colic ring, the other white bottles Avent do have them and being first time parents i dont know how many times we forgot to put the rings in the other bottles.
I like the colour of this one too
Price was good, colour great, no colic ring woohoo!

caztrickTasmania, 7270

Fantastic bottle

These bottles are great. They are very durable and strong are numerous uses, they are a nice honey colour and unless like the other avent bottles, they do not have a separate colic ring, it is built into it - less chance of a mess! Baby can hold the bottle well and it is easy to get the right measurement.
Overall a great bottle and worth buying. Worth buying online to get them really cheap.
Durable, strong, pleasant looking, easy to hold, built in colic ring

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thank you for your valuable feedback. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

bella35

bella35BRISBANE, QLD

Great bottle!

I have not used this bottle but i know soo many people who use it it is easy to feed altough you have to keep puling nipple from the mouth so baby can breath. the great thing is that it is bpa free and baby wont get colic as much
bpa free
expensive

Joshuasmommy

JoshuasmommySA, 5124

Bub can't live without it

We tried many different brands and bub prefers this one by far - We got it on sale at big w 3 bottles for only $9.98 !!!
Inexpensive - teat is tough - easy to hold - widely available - bpa free
Scratches easily when used with Avent bottle brush

klicky

klickyAU

good baby bottle

-bottle size is easy to carry, easy for baby to hole, and easy for wash
-the wide opened mouth is good so that I can use also use the bottle for baby food, just have to buy a sealing disc to make a cap.
-parts are interchangeable with other avent products, so I can fit the training cup, handle and other part with the bottle
-In my experience, the bottle will leak occasionally between the screw ring and teat, it has nothing to do with how tight you screw the ring. Without the leak problem, I would have given't this bottle a 5 stars.
Size, parts are interchangeable
Leak

roxy84

roxy84wa, 6224

Good bottle overall

These bottles are easy to use and great for babies transitioning from breast to bottle as they can get alot of teat in their mouth which is similar to how they feed on the breast. The only problem i had with them was they sometimes leaked when mixing the formula in them. Also good for if you are expressing and using an avent machine as you can attach the bottle straight onto it.
Moderately priced when on special, very robust.
Leaked sometimes because of the anti reflux ring

caztrickTasmania, 7270

Great bottle

The natural honey coloured Avent bottles are the best bottles I've tried. Must admit they are the only ones but my daughter had no problems using this bottle and teat. They are a good shape, BPA free, easy to hold, strong and durable. They are also anti-coli and unlike the other Avent bottles do not need the anti-colic ring which can be messy if forgotten.
Definitely worth trying.
Reliable brand, durable, strong, BPA free, anti-colic
Can be a touch expensive worth looking around for a deal but are worth it

SunriseBaby

SunriseBabyAU

Don't buy. leaks.

Like most other new moms, i bought avent bottles but i regretted because it leaks! and sometimes in the middle of the night, i'd forget to put the ring on and the milk would just spill everywhere.

Avent's so called 'new range with rings' are even worse than the older range (gold bottle,ring-free,premium range,which sells for about $20 each!). when i called their customer service, the lady gave me a set of 'instructions' ie exactly what sort of strength to use when tightening the lid and how far you should pull the teat out etc! oh my god!

leaks.

Mathapelo G.

Mathapelo G.asked

Natural

Hello... I bought the Avent bottle for my baby he's 6 months old and the bottle is leaking bad!....can you help me on what can I do with that matter please?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Mathapelo, thank you for sharing your experience with us - we can imagine this is disappointing and we'd like to help you get your bottles fixed as soon as possible. Have you perhaps tried giving the tips on this page a try? https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000006501/my-philips-avent-bottle-is-leaking

Kind Regards,

Sumaia

Sumaiaasked

Natural

What does 1 month+ mean? Until what month this size should continue? How many sizes bottles need to be changed in a different age?

PCD

PCDasked

Natural

We are using the natural with our 4 week old and have found them to leak excessively when feeding. No matter how we hold the bottle our baby ends up wet. We don’t over tighten lid and make sure teat is in correctly. We are using the 0-6 months. Is there something else we can do? We also have medela bottles left over from hospital and don’t have any leaks with those. Considering we purchased the full Avent pack with four bottles + steamer + warmer etc we don’t want to change brand but at wits end. Look forward to your reply.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thank you for your question. We regret to hear that the Natural bottles of your little one are leaking. It would be great if you could give our colleagues a call on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can see how they can turn things around. We're hoping to hear from you and we wish you a nice week.

Kind regards,