Philips Avent Natural

Philips Avent Natural (page 4 of 5)

SCF660/27, SCF673/17, SCF690/17, etc...

3.0

• Bottle LeakageYes (73%) · No (27%)
Taz

TazQLD, 4178

Best bottles

Love the Avent Gold bottles... Tried a lot of different bottles and found these were the only ones that my daughter would drink from.. Great quality, long lasting.

I bought the honey coloured ones and am extremely happy with them. I did buy the other ones first but never tried it, as soon as I seen that it had that extra piece (ring thing) I took it back. Figured that was just one more thing to get lost at creche or childcare.
Long lasting
Expensive

j.rogers

j.rogersQueensland, 4503

Only bottles my babies would take!

RebeccaPellowe

RebeccaPellowe

After 10 years of nanying and 6 years of motherhood, i swear by the whole avent range. This little bottle has been great and last for ages without any sign of wear and tear. I have 4 kids and have used the avent range with all of them. I haven't had any colic, or any trouble some bottles can cause. They are great because you can use them with the breast pump. I haven't had any leaking bottles or teats (like one of the other reviews mentioned). I have washed everything in the dishwasher and then sterilize them. Although i used this size for milk for only a short while, i did use it a lot as my babies got older for sips of water throughout the day. Expensive but worth every cent.
Handy size

kristina3038

kristina3038

hauntedrabbit

hauntedrabbitVIC, 3350

I starting using this brand years ago with my first baby. I was given a gift set and was that impressed i brought the whole range. I love the fact you can change them around and add handles etc. They have a huge range of add ons and they are so easy to clean. They are long lasting and the printdoesn't seem to fade off. They come in 2 sizes. I found found that all Advent products are hard wearing and long lasting.
Easy to clean, very hard wearing. Great value for money.
I havent had a problem using Advent products.

simm_mee

simm_meevic, 3020

Good

great easy to use bottles that are wider than the regular bottles. easy to clean and read mil levels..a bottle that ide recommend buying
these bottle come in great sizes and are easy to use, have a wide neck and easy to attach teat that is designed to reduce and limit air being drunk when feeding. easy to see levels and easy to clean, no fancy bottle brush required. is a little expensive though. i was given mine and have washed it in the dishwasher and boiled it many times and the condition of the bottle is as good as new
these bottle can be a little costly and you need to watch what bottle bag you purchase as it doesnt fit into the standard bottle bags

sarahwwww

sarahwwww

we had a very small baby so we used this size for a couple of months at least.

I would mention we got a few of the BPA free ones that look exactly the same only opaque but when you open the packagning the bottles are slightly different - they have an extra piece and the neck is shorter and wider meaning it doesnt stand in the microwave steamer and i also find the bpa free bottles seem to leak - you can never get them to seal like the usual bottles.
Great bottles, good size for newborns and can use teats on the next size bottles too . Cleaning is easy.
Expensive (but worth it) we ahve never had any issues with colic etx and baby has been bottle feeding since two weeks old.

totaltobie

totaltobie

Good

These bottles are good for newborns as its good to not be using massive bottles for such small babies however your baby will out grow these bottles very quickly so your probably better off buying larger bottles in the first place to save on money. If the money doesn't bother you they are good bottles for newborns. My baby had no problem excepting these bottles and teats.
Good size for newborn babies. The teats are made to have a very low flow for newborns. Good size for top up feeds or for making formula up for with Farex/baby rice cereal.
Due to there small size it does not take long until they are too small for your babies formula.

will_rachelle

will_rachelle

Bad

These are fairly mainstream bottles and in most cases I am sure they would get the job done, but if you are combining breast and bottle feeding I would make sure your baby was happy to take them before going out and buying a whole heap of them. In our case, these were no good for us.
competatively priced, found at most shops
My daughter wouldn't take these bottles. I was combining breast and bottle feeding and in the first couple of months she would only take pigeon bottles and then after that she would only take the Adiri natural nurser. You can buy sealing caps seperately but didn't find this to be a very good way to freeze milk in terms of freezer space it took up.

heytherek

heytherek

Good

I like the Advent bottles but after a while you do find that they are a bit small so you need to upgrade. The bottles can be a bit pricey in comparison with others.
These bottles are great for younger babies as they come in nice compact sizes. The bottles are easy to clean and my baby really liked them. The small size is mainly only good for younger babies though. The teats seem to last quite well.
The small size of the bottles can be limiting after a while and they only have a limited use by date because of this.

holdenchick

holdenchickqld, 4211

OK

I found this to be a very expensive bottle to buy and to top it all off it only lasts for a couple of months before it is too small.
My son loves the avent bottles as he is a breast fed baby it is the only bottle he would take as well as the breast. My lactation consultant was the one to recommend this brand as it matches the shape of the natura breast.
This bottle is only good for babies as it is such a small size so it doesn't continue on with your baby as he grows and you have to buy a whole new set of bottles. They are also really expensive.

PreciousCargo

PreciousCargo

OK

I thought I'd be using these small bottles for a while with formula but within a month I needed to buy the bigger 240ml bottles. I still use these bottles to carry around boiled drinking water tho.
The are compact enough to fit 2 in each nappy bag pocket.
Aren't used for long as baby's formula needs go up fast. It would be more useful if it was an 150ml bottle.

melberg

melberg

Great bottle that work well with the whole Avent system. My husband finds them easy to feed with and I think they are prefect for expressing and feeding.
It fits into all Avent products, I find it handy to express directly into, store and then feed all from the same bottle. Measurement are clear and easy to read. Shape of the bottle makes it easy to clean. Small size makes it great for storing small quantities of breast milk.
Due to its small size it won't last for long.

ashtonsmum

ashtonsmum

Bad

Avent products are great - durable and easy to use. However I find this size bottle not worth buying as they are used for such a short time. I went straight to the 240mls.
durable - can be used with other Avent products.
The size isnt practical for long - by 3 months my son was on more formula than the bottle could hold so we had to go up a size

tigerlily

tigerlily

OK

I used avent with my first baby until all the BPA warnings came out, and then I switched for my second baby. Bottom line, if you don't heat the bottles or put hot liquids/water in it, it's fine for use. Although you wouldn't use this size for milk for long, it's handy to contain water for the baby. And the best thing about avent products is that they can be interchanged with parts so you continue to get value for money.
Easy to hold, all avent bottles can be converted to sippy cups etc by replacing the top part, resilient bottles... lasts and lasts
contains BPA, this size is not economical as you won't use it for longer than several weeks.

chaii

chaii

lilypie

lilypie

I really like the Avent bottles and now have three different sizes. I still use the small ones to feed boiled water or juice inbetween regular milk feeds and find them a lot more convenient than filling a 300ml bottle with 50mls water. My 125ml bottles came with my breastpump and I find the interchangeability really good. The bottles go from the breatpump to the freezer, to the dishwasher to the microwave, and then just add a teat to feed your baby. I highly recommend them - just don't stock up on too many because by 3 months your baby will want more than 125ml per feed.
Convenient size, durable
Small size doesn't last long if you're using them for full feeds

koshakee

koshakeeAU

This size bottle came with my Avent breast pump and I used it many times. It was so convenient because of it's size and was perfect when bub was very small and I needed to feed him expressed milk. It is easy to clean and everything except for the teat and clear cover are dishwasher safe. I was very happy with it.
Fantastic for newborns when they don't drink too much milk at once, fits easily into any bag, is great if you want to express just a small amount of milk using it with the avent Isis breast pumps.
You need to swap to a bigger bottle after only a couple of months.

lilmiss

lilmissPerth, WA

flutterbyes

flutterbyesNSW, 2213

Good design bottle shape and teat shape, easy to read measurements on side for mixing up formula. Fits easily into most steam steralisers. Works with Avent breastpump making expressing milk for baby easy and stress free as all parts are easily interchangeable. After baby has moved onto bigger bottles these are handy to use for cool boiled water.
Handy small size for newborns and young babies. Able to get teats that are different in numbers indicating stages required for baby.
Small size only lasts for a few months then baby will need next size up as they are drinking more.

Mathapelo G.

Mathapelo G.asked

Natural

Hello... I bought the Avent bottle for my baby he's 6 months old and the bottle is leaking bad!....can you help me on what can I do with that matter please?

Philips Avent
Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Mathapelo, thank you for sharing your experience with us - we can imagine this is disappointing and we'd like to help you get your bottles fixed as soon as possible. Have you perhaps tried giving the tips on this page a try? https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000006501/my-philips-avent-bottle-is-leaking

Kind Regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Sumaia

Sumaiaasked

Natural

What does 1 month+ mean? Until what month this size should continue? How many sizes bottles need to be changed in a different age?

PCD

PCDasked

Natural

We are using the natural with our 4 week old and have found them to leak excessively when feeding. No matter how we hold the bottle our baby ends up wet. We don’t over tighten lid and make sure teat is in correctly. We are using the 0-6 months. Is there something else we can do? We also have medela bottles left over from hospital and don’t have any leaks with those. Considering we purchased the full Avent pack with four bottles + steamer + warmer etc we don’t want to change brand but at wits end. Look forward to your reply.

Philips Avent
Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thank you for your question. We regret to hear that the Natural bottles of your little one are leaking. It would be great if you could give our colleagues a call on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can see how they can turn things around. We're hoping to hear from you and we wish you a nice week.

Kind regards,