Philips Avent Nipple Protectors

Philips Avent Nipple Protectors (page 2 of 2)

SCF156/01, SCF156/00, SCF153/01, SCF153/03

Lachysmummy

Lachysmummy

Bad

I found it to be good idea at the time of purchuse as to thinking of future breastfeeds but i never needed to use it because my son never liked them he was freaked out by the sight of the nipple protectors also it didnt fit properly so for me personally i found that it was a complete waste of money spent. Not for all.
The thought of them makes you think they are a good idea but are not for everyone.
I found that it didnt fit the way it should my son didnt like it at all and didnt want to go near my nipple when i wore it so it was a waste of money.

rshie88

rshie88

Terrible

I think these nipple shields are a waste of money, I have tried them with 2 of my three children and neither or them could suck properly at the breast. They are an odd shape and tend to slip out of the babies mouth as they try to suck. Neither of my children could get any milk out while i used these and my supply wasn't the problem. I definatley don't reccomend these to anyone.
They tend to stick to the breast quite well and are shaped to offer skin to skin contact
As baby sucks they tend to slip 'invert' making it harder for baby to 'latch'

lana0000

lana0000

Terrible

i bought petite size n realized that my nipples were bigger so i bought the next size up but was too big. either way, i tried to place my baby on it n she just doesn't know how to suck from it. i think the material is a bit hard n slippery. and i agree with the previous reviewer.. i have been expressing from day one n i am also using a pump from avent.
not sure really
baby cant suck from it at all

Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Philips Avent Nipple Protectors compares to other Breast Pads & Products

josnsw

josnswGeelong

Terrible

I recommend just expressing with an electric or manual breat pump and avent do great pumps. The reason i say this is you can control the speed and strength of the sucking and this is great when your breast are very full of milk (then once emptied a little bit it makes it less painful to put baby on the breast)
The idea of nipple shields are great.... if only they worked on soothing the pain and discomfort of breast feeding
Didnt provide any relief to pain. I wouldnt bother with these ever again. They leaked alot and fills with air which is bad for reflux

Tanya

Tanya

OK

Getting the latch on can be frustrating (for mum and baby) as the nipple protector is very long initially with air in the end so it can be fiddly trying to get milk in the end instead of air so sometimes it's easier to use a sticking plaster if it's a bite cut on the base of the nipple.
Thin, provide good protection for cracked nipples
Moves out of position easily and lets in a lot of air if not held in place. Doesn't provide as good a drainage as skin on skin. Some babies can really resist the change in texture and insist on being fed without it.

melbgirl123

melbgirl123

For any new mother or mother who is having troubles with breastfeeding and not getting the latch on I recommend these brilliant little things! they are a god send especially at 1am in the morning when both you and the baby are stressed out and you need help! I will use these again when we have another baby.
Love these things they were the best thing a midwife had suggested to us to use when I started breastfeeding at the hospital. My husband got the wrong size so I may have gotten cracked nipples due to the sizing!
You have to hold them in place while the baby starts to suckle which gives you a sore wrist sometimes. Also if the baby gets frantic and moves their head fast the nipple shield just flips off!

samski

samski

OK

i have used these several times over the years having had lots of mastits and thrush of the nipples, however they are quite expensive for something that does not last very well. They shrivel up and lose their shape when they are washed and sterilsed so from that perspective they are not great..but they do the job!
they are helpful when you have cracked nipples..thrush etc..they are made froma nice soft pproduct and bubs don't seem to notice that they are there
Costly and they do not last very long..only two sizes that i have ever seen which include really small and really large

rachelk

rachelk

Good

I found this product to be very soft and has a ntural feel. Only problem is that i tried the small size which was too small and the medium size was bigger so both tended to slip of the nipples
Very soft and natural feel
Cant find the right size

flutterbyes

flutterbyesNSW, 2213

Breast Pads & Products

melaaa

melaaa

Good

my daughter was 9 pounds at birth and very strong and this caused many problems these sheilds helped me breast feed her from 3-7 days of age but as I already had to much damage from the first 3 days I could no longer continue, but this did help with the pain and allowed them to heal slightly. I also think that if I had the smaller size they would of worked better I will find out when child number two comes. But as far as helping these did and I think more chemist should stock the small size because not everyone needs the standard ones.
helped me breast feed for a few days
did not realised there is a small and standard size.
needed to be wet from the striliser in order to stay on.

virusfreak79

virusfreak79

OK

I might try out other brands of nipple shields, but for now, this brand is making breastfeeding my little boy possible.
These were a life saver for me! My little boy had a lot of attachment problems and caused a lot of nipple damage. My midwife recommended these nipple shileds and i can finally breast feed my baby!
Hard to attach to the breast so that they stay on properly! The baby seems to be bothered by the shape, size and taste of the shiled at first, but quickly adjusts.
Being made of clear silicone, hard to see the shield if you drop it.

See all Philips Avent Nipple Protectors reviews