Philips Avent Nipple Protectors

Philips Avent Nipple Protectors

SCF156/01, SCF156/00, SCF153/01, SCF153/03

Lauren

LaurenNairne

Get the Medela, don't waste your money.

Thin silicone? No. It's twice the thickness of the Medela and so much more bulky. It falls off due to the shape if the flange, unlike the Medela which stays put. Honestly if I had tried these first I would have thought all nipple shields were awful. But no. It's just the Avent ones. Get the Medela ones, most people are medium. Don't waste your money on this pathetic attempt of a product.

Philips Avent
Philips S.Philips Avent
Mel. E

Mel. EAU

Too rigid & doesn't stick to skin

amcdo734

amcdo734QLD, 4610

Terrible

As soon as any liquid gets near these shields, milk or saliva, they just slide everywhere. The first time I used these my bub squirmed and the shield slid right off and into his mouth. He started spluttering and I frantically pulled it out. It scared me so much! Even though I was trying to hold it in place it just kept sliding everywhere which frustrated by hungry bub. I tried at another feed, giving them the benefit of the doubt, but the same thing happened. I will never use them again.
Price was cheaper than others.
They CONSTANTLY slip off!

Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Philips Avent Nipple Protectors compares to other Breast Pads & Products

fifidelux

fifideluxNSW, 2773

Terrible

I thought Id go with some Avent shields as I have an IQ pump and IQ warmer thet have both been FANTASTIC. Additionally I was told to buy some sillicone shields. So with little time to spend shopping around due to a new baby... I sent out the poor husband to get some.... MISTAKE. Waste of money. Have a rubber Pigeon one that is a MILLION times better.

Perhaps im doing something wrong with them, however there are no concise instructions on the packet or the website. Another poor effort on Avents Behalf
Nothing. They dont work
GARBAGE. Dont waste your money.

rshie88

rshie88

Terrible

I think these nipple shields are a waste of money, I have tried them with 2 of my three children and neither or them could suck properly at the breast. They are an odd shape and tend to slip out of the babies mouth as they try to suck. Neither of my children could get any milk out while i used these and my supply wasn't the problem. I definatley don't reccomend these to anyone.
They tend to stick to the breast quite well and are shaped to offer skin to skin contact
As baby sucks they tend to slip 'invert' making it harder for baby to 'latch'

lana0000

lana0000

Terrible

i bought petite size n realized that my nipples were bigger so i bought the next size up but was too big. either way, i tried to place my baby on it n she just doesn't know how to suck from it. i think the material is a bit hard n slippery. and i agree with the previous reviewer.. i have been expressing from day one n i am also using a pump from avent.
not sure really
baby cant suck from it at all

josnsw

josnswGeelong

Terrible

I recommend just expressing with an electric or manual breat pump and avent do great pumps. The reason i say this is you can control the speed and strength of the sucking and this is great when your breast are very full of milk (then once emptied a little bit it makes it less painful to put baby on the breast)
The idea of nipple shields are great.... if only they worked on soothing the pain and discomfort of breast feeding
Didnt provide any relief to pain. I wouldnt bother with these ever again. They leaked alot and fills with air which is bad for reflux

See all Philips Avent Nipple Protectors reviews