Philips Avent Nipple Protectors

Success

Philips S.Philips Avent
Pippa P

Pippa PMelbourne

Saved my nipples and breastfeeding hopes!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Pippa. Nice to hear that you're happy with the product. Thanks for the feedback :) .

louisemelbourne

Genius now pain free would highly recommend it

Bubs and I had thrush my nipples got so cracked I nearly gave up feeding. I persisted for 9 wks before i was given this shield by my mchn I used to cry when he latched on now I am pain free and feeding is more comfortable. My don easily latched on with it on
Comfortable small easy storage
Easily lost due to clear colour

Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Philips Avent Nipple Protectors compares to other Breast Pads & Products

TruckerChick

TruckerChickBrisbane QLD

Absolutely genius invention

I am a first time mum and within a couple days of bub learning to feed my nipple become cracked and made feeding him unbearable. Using the shield allowed me to continue breast feeding pain free while my nipple also had the chance to heal while using them. They would stay in place, not leak and not slide off. I still cringed when he would first latch but it was for no reason as there was zero pain anymore and within a week of using the shield I was able to breast feed again without them.
Painfree, stayed in place, inexpensive, able to continue breast feeding, allowed nipple to heal within days.
Need to be a little persistent getting bub to latch on as they r a different size and texture to the nipple.

PhilipsPhilips Avent

Thank you for your feedback TruckerChick,
We are so glad that the Philips AVENT Nipple Protectors helped you overcome an incredibly painful feeding experience and that they enabled you to continue breastfeeding your newborn baby.
Wonderful news!

Elandem

ElandemMelbourne

Worked perfectly for me!!

Chello

ChelloBRISBANE

Life Saver!

My 2 month old boy would constantly cry if I tried to Breast feed and would only take breast milk if I expressed and bottle fed. This upset me, so I decided to try nipple shields, as they may feel similar to the bottles teets. He took to them straight away, and it felt as if he was breast feeding like normal. He didn't cry at all! I suppose if u were looking for a nipple shield to be exactly like a nipple these aren't it, but nothing will ever be exactly like a nipple. They worked for me because it was bigger then a nipple and he could attach easier. They saved me!!
Cheap, flexible where it needs to be, works
If you have a big let down the nipple area can fill up with milk and therefore can get messy

Elliemore

ElliemoreAU

Best nipple sheild!

I had to use these for the two months that I breastfed. My sins latch was fine but he hated breatsfeeding!
I tried all other brands but the holes in others were too small and my son hates that he couldn't get milk out fast enough.
These things were a life saver for me!!
Fast flow, gave this mummy heaps of relief
It fell off easily if my son wasn't feeding straight away.

amanda_01

amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

As another reviewer posted, there can be issues with saliva/milk getting in behind the shield and affect the seal, causing them to slip, but I found just removing them and giving my breast and the back of the shield a quick wipe was easy and made them stick again. Because of the good amount of contact you get between baby and breast, they're less likely to affect your milk supply than some other brands that have the shield covering the entire nipple area. Using these shields my daughter and I had our attachment issues sorted out within a week, and no cracked or sore nipples!
Easy to use, soft, mouldable silicon, easy to find and relatively cheap, good contact between babies chin and your breast
can get a little leaky

melbgirl123

melbgirl123

For any new mother or mother who is having troubles with breastfeeding and not getting the latch on I recommend these brilliant little things! they are a god send especially at 1am in the morning when both you and the baby are stressed out and you need help! I will use these again when we have another baby.
Love these things they were the best thing a midwife had suggested to us to use when I started breastfeeding at the hospital. My husband got the wrong size so I may have gotten cracked nipples due to the sizing!
You have to hold them in place while the baby starts to suckle which gives you a sore wrist sometimes. Also if the baby gets frantic and moves their head fast the nipple shield just flips off!

Breast Pads & Products