MPN: GC3820

Continual build up on the hard to clean plate

I bought this iron after reading a great Choice review - and hate it. We have reverted to using our 20 year old Breville. Each time we use the Philips Azure Performer, even just on simple straight cotton, it gets a sticky film on the plate which then sticks and burns the clothing. Very disappointed in this product and have stopped using it. After contacting Philips, they suggest using their soleplate cleaner which you have to purchase for $7.95 or more and might clean the iron once or twice before needing to be replaced. Very poor. I do like that this iron automatically switches off if left on for too long. Great safety feature - shame we don't use the iron anymore.

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton and Denim
Hi Elle, thanks for sharing your experience with us here. We're sorry to hear that your iron Philips Azure Performer doesn't meet your expectations. We can imagine this is inconvenient to you, and your clothes. Let's see if we can find out if there's something we can do to help. Could you please reach out to us on Facebook or twitter (@PhilipsCare) or by phone on 1300 363 391. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi. I called the number above, but the person I spoke to wasn't sure what I was wanting - I just read your message out to them, but they were unsure what I was calling for.Hello again Elle, We're sorry to hear this wasn't too convenient. In this case, we recommend reaching out to our colleagues via our Social Media channels. They would love to look into this for you, and see how they can help with improving your ironing experience. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Love the Philips irons

I found my ironing was taking me longer and felt my iron simply wasn't getting hot enough. I checked with Philips who said that can happen so faced with paying for a repair I decided to buy a new iron. I can't go past Philips irons as found they are terrific. This one is a little different to my old one and is a little harder to tell when it gets to heat. The old one used to flash but this one has little bars that light up on the handle. I preferred the old one as it was unmistakable while with this one you have to look closely in order to tell if it is hot enough. I don't like the steam boost trigger underneath the handle as it tends to get in the way and is too easily pressed. It is also a little heaver than the old one, otherwise it is another great Philips iron and I am getting my ironing done faster than with the old one. I do like a good crease in my pants and jeans.

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience in such great detail - we're happy to hear that you think highly of Philips irons and we certainly appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of assistance - you're welcome to call us on the following number Mondays to Saturdays 07:00PM - 07:00PM EST: 1300 363 391, or message us on Facebook or Twitter. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.