Philips Beardtrimmer Series 7000

Philips Beardtrimmer Series 7000

BT7201/15, BT7204/85, BT7220/15, BT7500/15 and BT7520/15

Better than expected trimmer performance, easy to use, good value and satisfactory customer service.

Bought this from the Shavershop about 2 years ago to keep my occasional beard tidy. It compared very well value-wise to other options, not wanting to spend a fortune for my purposes. Also, a bonus detail body trimmer was bundled in. I didn't need this but it seems to work well. The clippings vacuum appeared to be a good feature although I suspected it might be a gimmick. However, I was actually pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. The grade adjustments are simple to use and accurately deliver different lengths as required.

Unfortunately, I did manage to break one of the plastic tabs holding the blade head in place which seems to be a commonly reported issue. At first, I thought I was just heavy handed and the operation of shaver was not affected so I put up with it. However, sometime later the second tab broke and the head would not stay in place Although some sticky tape proved to be a quick temporary fix, I contacted Philips customer care. I am happy to report Philips sent me new cutting head and comparing this to the original it has more robust tabs. So very pleased this issue was solved and I can happily continue using the trimmer and not junk it replacing it with another brand.

Purchased in June 2017 at Shaver Shop for $70.00.

Causes Irritation No
Hi there, Phil. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing your story here with us. :) We appreciate the kind words and we hope that you can use the renewed trimmer for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Plastic clips Broke in 3 days! Shaver Shop would not take it back.

Terrible design. Been so annoyed about this purchase I'm actually writing a review. The tiny thin plastic clips that hold the shaving head on broke within 3 days. Shaver shop told me to contact Phillips and get them to sort it out. I can't even attach an image of the issue on the email section of their website. Seriously don't buy this thing. The best example of high price NOT equaling quality I have EVER come across.

Purchased in February 2018 at Shaver Shop for $169.00.

Causes Irritation No
Hi there, Jason. That doesn't sound all too good. We have just sent you a Private Message. Speak to you there! Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Could be a lot better

The vacuum captures some of the clippings, but leaves so much that you need to clean up in the same way as you otherwise would anyway. It has flimsy clips to change the cutter head which could easily break if you weren't being careful, it also can't trim in close under the nose. It's also not easy to clean out. The positives are that it is very quiet, and the battery life is good.

Hi there, thank you for writing this review. We're sorry to hear you didn't really like the performance of the BT204. Could you perhaps reach out to us on Social Media (Facebook or Twitter)? We would like to assist you with the trimmer. Hope to speak to you there. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great beard trimmer

Once figuring out how to put the plastic comb on top of the cutter, which wasn't an easy task, I found the beard trimmer easy to use. The vacuum definitely captures some of the hair, maybe not up to 90% like Philips claims but there is definitely less hair in the basin and sucked into the container. The comb is great, it covers both sides of the cutter, so its pretty hard to stuff up and hack your beard. The dial which adjusts the comb height works well.
I would recommend this product although be patient in fitting the plastic comb the first time and once you get the knack its easy.

Thanks for the review once again, Mountainbiker73. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

A very disappointing, poorly designed product, and even worse customer service.

After being very happy with my old $50 Philips trimmer, I decided to splurge and get the top of the line Series 7000, thinking that something worth three times as much must be amazing... but I was horribly mistaken.

This product is so poorly designed that I'm not sure how it even made it out of R&D. Its fatal flaw is that the shape of the trimmer doesn't allow you to cut your mustache hairs just below your nose. I have a pretty average snout, and no matter how much I contort it, I just can't position the blades to trim those hairs, leaving me with an awkward patch of long hair there. There is a precision attachment which you think could get around this (despite the inconvenience of having to switch out all the attachments), but it only comes with 2 different comb lengths, none of which are the length I need, which is a bit strange considering the main trimmer has 20 length settings.

With the hair I can reach, the trimmer is just not very effective at elevating them so they can be cut, and so I find myself going over and over the same area for far too long and it takes me about three times longer to trim my beard than with my old cheap trimmer. It seems that the comb is just not very well designed and the vacuum - while it's a neat feature - uses too much power to allow the trimmer to work well.

I can also confirm that the issue in other people's reviews are very real; it's very difficult to clean and the comb attachment is very flimsy.

Now, let's move onto Philip's customer service. I actually wasn't going to write a review, but my experience with their customer service team has been very disappointing and I hope that I can save other the trouble of going down the same road.

After finding out that this product not very good, I did some research and found another Philips product that looked like a good fit, but I couldn't find it in Australia, so I contacted customer support via the form on their website and asked them if they knew if it was scheduled to be released here. I briefly mentioned that I was disappointed with the BT7220, but didn't really expect anything to come of it.

But to my pleasant surprise the customer service rep that responded replied saying that they'd like to work with me to get my issue resolved, and asked me a few more questions about the product and my experience with it.

After that, there were a several emails back and forth over the course of a month asking me to provide proof of purchase and jump through various hoops, which I obliged to (despite the fact that they seemed to barely read anything and just copy and paste generic responses) assuming that they wanted to help me.

However after not hearing from the rep for two weeks, I sent a quick reminder and received an email back saying that "As per our Warranty Policy, for all Philips products that were purchased AUD 150.00 or less, customers are always referred back to the store where they purchased the item/product." and that they can't do anything about it unless the product is broken.

So after a month of back and forth, they tell me that they wouldn't be able to help me anyway, and even then, they will only repair or replace the same product which is unusable to me. Why wouldn't they just tell me that at the beginning instead of wasting my time?

So until I can decide on a great product from a different manufacturer, I have replaced the BT7220 with a $12 Gillette Styler which is Superior in almost every aspect.

Hi Steve, First of all, thank you for writing down your experience with the vacuum trimmer. Even though we had hoped on some better results, all feedback is much appreciated. We regret hearing the effectiveness overall hasn't lived up to your expectations and can imagine your disappointment not being able to trim your moustache. Please know that, even though we follow the same procedures as our colleagues, we'd still like to look into this. If this is something you're interested in, it would be great if you can share your reference number here with us. This should be mentioned in the e-mail thread and starts with 60-00. With this number we can look into our system and see what has been discussed and if there are any other options. We'll keep an eye out for your response. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.Thank you for your reply. Try this: 60-0010615602. I'm sure you'll see that I was very friendly and reasonable and it all unfolded as mentioned in my review above. I even offered to let your consumer care supervisor read my review before I posted it, but received no reply.Thanks for the details Steve, We're, of course, very happy to have you as a customer, so seeing that you're so disappointed with our product and service is hard to read. Please know that we've asked our colleagues that handled your complaint earlier to see if there's anything they can do still, for the trouble. Although we can't promise anything as these policies are unfortunately not something this humble team can easily adjust or bend. In any case, for now, we hope you'll have a great day. Let us know how it goes. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Extremely poorly designed product.

I came here to warn other potential buyers and found the other reviewers have already outlined the same huge issues with this product.

- The tabs are prone to breakage and once both are gone it can't trim
- The vacuum compartment can't be easily cleaned
- The display doesn't reliably reflect the length setting

My next trimmer won't be a Phillips.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the beard trimmer. If you'd like to get in contact with our customer care you can reach out to them by phone. Perhaps they can be of assistance to you and see if they can do anything for you. You can reach out to them via 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Junk is the nicest word for this overpriced broken plastic

I have a bunch of beard trimmers, but they're mostly old or the lithium battery has died. So I bought the top of the line Philips, what a mistake that turned out to be, so I'm back to my 20 year old Braun (it just keeps going).
Let me start with the positive; the battery last a long time.
Now for the negative:
1.- The plastic clips holding the trmming head broke within 1 month.
2.- Shaving isn't close of even good.
3.- The vacuum collects 50%, but when you go to empty the hair the tabs break.
4.- The dial length has a nice OLED screen, but it doesn't display the correct length, so you have to go to 0 or 10, then slowly count how many clicks you've turned it. Display 6, reality 5~7.
5.- Did I mention it broke within a month, and that email address in the instructions manual never gets answered, so no customer service.

So in brief cheap plastic junk which will break in a month, no customer service, useless OLED setting and a poor shave.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you're not too keen on your Vacuum Beard Trimmer (to say the least) and that you did not receive an answer from our colleagues via email. As the appliance should still be within warranty, it would be great if you could reach out to our colleagues via 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can see how they can be of assistance. We're hoping to hear from you and we wish you a nice weekend. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamDo you have this part? https://goo.gl/tLnURaHi Raybies, we are not 100% sure which part it is that we're looking at here and would like to ask you to give our colleagues from the Customer Service line a call who will be able to assist you further. You can reach them on 1300 363 391. Thank you! Kind regards, the Philips Australia Team

Exactly what I need

I suffer from sensitive skin and ingrown hairs so need to keep a little stubble. I had previously been using cheap beard trimmers, but was getting fed up with the mess.

I only use the shortest setting which leaves a bit of stubble but still leaves me looking presentable for the office. As the hair that gets trimmed is very short, the vacuum manages to collect it all.

I can see how the attachment of the trimmer head is a potential weak point. I'll have to be careful with it.

The sightly bulky comb can also make it difficult to get in under the nose. Can't be bothered using the included detailed trimmer attachment, instead I just take off the comb - the rounded blades are comfortable against the skin and have not cut me yet.

Battery life is also great, I got 4 weeks use on the very first charge.

All in all, I'd recommend this trimmer for the vacuum function and the nice sharp blades, particularly if you want to maintain short stubble.

Hi Tom. We appreciate the fact you took the time to write down your experience and share it with us. It's great to hear you've found a shaver that suits your skin and leaves you looking presentable. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

waste of money

I am reviewing my BT 7220 which I bought few months ago. I don't believe in writing negative reviews before contacting the company and this case I did the same thing. I didn't get any help from Philips and they also refused to public my genuine review on their website.
The compartment which holds the hair is very difficult to clean as it does not come out and you cant wash it.
I spent $150 to buy the trimmer and I noticed that the blade which goes in the machine was very delicate. I used it very cautiously and one day I noticed that the lock of the blade was broken. I contacted the company and I was advised that they do not have the part here in Australia and they have to get it from overseas which will take 6-8 weeks minimum. I questioned that what am I going to do in the meantime and I was told they don't know.
I am very disappointed with my purchase and I will revert back to the Remington vacgroom.

Hi Adi, Thank you for your honest review and sorry to hear that our beardtrimmer couldn't live up to your expectations. We're eager to see if we can help you out. Therefore we just sent you a private message to ask for your contact details. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThe blade is broken again. I really don't know that how can I use it without breaking the blade.We're sorry to hear this, Adi. We'd advise you to dial us at 1300 363 391. Our team would be happy to assist you in getting new blades and giving you advice on how to use the blade. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team