MPN: HD9218/51
Listing monitored by Philips

Mark.
Mark.

Perfect

I find it excellent! Quick and EASY TO CLEAN. You just put the basket in the dishwasher on pot wash and it comes out clean and ready to use again. I don't even unclip the base, it all goes in as it comes out of the Air Fryer. I am not cleaning the element, do you unscrew the sides of your over and deep clean it much? All these negative reviews about cleaning seem a bit OTT. I use mine at lease 4 times a week, steak, chicken sausages, everything is easy as. Chips take 12 minutes and are crunchy and cooked to perfection. The rack that is an extra is really good for cooking 2 things at once. Philips is the only brand I would consider. Others take way too long and you could just use your oven. Happy Air Frying Everyone!

Purchased in January 2018.

Crap!!

Bought this in December have used around 5 times, each time have had to physically scrub the wire basket, even used oil spray to avoid this! Big box Too small item, very misleading. Cannot turn off! Friend bought one twice the size half the price, would like a refund!

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

RamaSydney, NSW

Good Product. Serves our requirements of frequent "frying" of chips, samosas etc

Fully satisfied.

Normally we cook Potato chips, Hash Browns, Wedges, Samosas, Spring rolls, Fish Fingers, Chicken nuggets etc.

Product is very easy to use and clean. No Need to put in a Dishwasher, Simple hand wash would do

Purchased in June 2017 at Philips for $180.00.

Air Fryers

Find out how Philips Airfryer Original HD9218/51 (Black) compares to other Air Fryers

Nancy Chen
Nancy ChenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best appliance bought

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Dana F
Dana FSouth East Queensland, QLD

I use this puppy every day.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart for $220.00.

Philips S.Philips

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
nickname
nickname

Love my air fryer!

We find this is the perfect size for our 2 person household. Really easy to use and much faster than an oven. We usually use it for roasting vegetables but I am keen to try a roast in there.
Easy to clean as I just put the trays components straight in the dishwasher.
Can't comment on the value for money as it was a present.

Purchased in December 2019.

Sharnelle T.
Sharnelle T.

Perfect for any house hold

This has been the best purchase we have every done, had this air fryer for 4 years and still use it twice a day! It’s amazing and I love it

Unknown
UnknownHunter Region, NSW

Great product!

I love how quickly it cooks food compared to a normal oven! I use it all the time. Only thing is if you have more than two people in the family I’d suggest getting the XL one because this one is a bit small

Erin
ErinSydney, NSW

Easy, healthy and useful

We use our air fryer a few times a week. It doesn't use any oil, so it's healthy, and it takes half the time of the oven. We mostly use it for potatoes and roast vegetables, but you can also cook chicken legs ( the skin gets nice and crisp) or heat up bread rolls for a nice outer crust. We're normally cooking for two, but can use it for up to four people. It can be difficult to clean, so we prefer not to use it for meats or messy foods, but it's easy to use and the foods we do make come out really great!

Purchased in May 2016.

Jacque J.
Jacque J.

cant live with out this product

I bought this when the hype was on about healthy eating and because I am a celiac I need to watch what I eat. I thought hubby might not take to the food but he loves the home made chips and hash browns also crisps pies up and you can do baking but I haven't done that side of it. The beauty is you don't need any oil so all you are having is healthy food less salt and fats. It is easy to clean with just a wipe out and store again in your cupboard

Purchased at Target Australia for $99.00.

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Great product

I am very satisfied with the product. It gets the job done, very efficient and very easy to clean. My partner usually makes pork crackling in the air fryer and it taste even better than some of the shops.

Purchased in September 2019 at Myer for $300.00.

Katie
KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use, but hard to clean

Easy to use and works well when fry or heat food in it within the adjusted time frame. However, the space is a bit small and can't put in too much food in it especially meat. Hard to clean as well as oil sticks on it is hard to remove or scrub.

Mahesh S.
Mahesh S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

What a great cooker !!

I a extremely satisfied with this product and concept. We don't use oil at all. Great cooker. We have potato chips, chicken , fish, beef, pork anything on this air fryer without adding any oil.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys.

Vicki
VickiSydney, NSW

Grill and accessories missing in box

Matthew K.
Matthew K.Sydney, NSW

Better than an oven

This works really well for our small family. I find the cook time is less than a conventional oven and food is crispier and less oily. Very happy with product. The baking pan and skewers are a good addon

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $229.00.

Read more reviews - page 2See all Philips Original Airfryer reviews

Janabelle
Janabelleasked
Original HD9218/51 (Black)

I have recently purchased the HD9218/51 airfryer, based on reviews on Product Review, and I am happy with my purchase. I just have a few questions - is it possible to put a baking dish on top of the basket (something that seems to be used a lot in a recipe book I have been looking through). I am thinking it may not be an option for this model, but am unsure. So far I have only used it for frying chips and vegetables in the basket, but think it could maybe be used for much more. Is it possible to cook a small pizza in this machine?

Philips S.Philips

Hiya, Janabelle. Thanks for your question. The baking master kit is a compatible accessory for this model Airfryer and can be placed in the basket of the Airfryer. You can prepare a variety of tasty foods with your Airfryer such as French fries, potatoes, snacks, meat and poultry.
Chicken, beef, fish and most other dishes that are usually fried, grilled or roasted will taste delicious when prepared in your Philips Airfryer. Also, breaded food can be prepared in your Philips Airfryer with a little oil added to the homemade breading. All vegetables that can be grilled (such as courgettes, corn cobs or peppers) can be prepared in your Philips Airfryer. Frozen snacks can be prepared in your Philips Airfryer as they are. It is not necessary to defrost frozen ingredients before preparing them in the appliance. Frozen ingredients do require slightly more preparation time, but this will not influence the end result. The temperature control enables you to choose the best setting for each ingredient. You can prepare cakes, tarts, muffins as well as bread and many pastries in your Philips Airfryer.

I hope this information helps!

Janeasked
Original HD9218/51 (Black)

Does the Philips Airfryer Original have a timer?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jane, thank you for the question. The HD9218/51 has an integrated timer which allows you to pre-set cooking times of up to 30 minutes. You can find more information about the product on this page: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD9218_51/daily-collection-airfryer-with-rapid-air-technology. We hope this makes it clear!

Jane

Thanks for the information.

ashna m.
ashna m.

John H.
John H.asked
Original HD9218/51 (Black)

how any litres is this machine

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your message. The capacity of the matching basket is 28 oz. If you happen to have any further questions, feel free to contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

I think it is 10 Ltrs but not sure

Nicole D.
Nicole D.

Why would you quote volume in oz Phillips when we are a metric country. Who has any idea how big 28 oz is?

See all Philips Airfryer Original HD9218/51 (Black) questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare all 3 Philips Original Airfryer