Philips Airfryer Original HD9218/51 (Black)

Philips Airfryer Original HD9218/51 (Black)

MPN: HD9218/51

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of air fryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.5

nickname

nickname

Love my air fryer!

We find this is the perfect size for our 2 person household. Really easy to use and much faster than an oven. We usually use it for roasting vegetables but I am keen to try a roast in there.
Easy to clean as I just put the trays components straight in the dishwasher.
Can't comment on the value for money as it was a present.

Purchased in December 2019.

Sharnelle T.

Sharnelle T.

Perfect for any house hold

This has been the best purchase we have every done, had this air fryer for 4 years and still use it twice a day! It’s amazing and I love it

Unknown

UnknownHunter Region, NSW

Great product!

I love how quickly it cooks food compared to a normal oven! I use it all the time. Only thing is if you have more than two people in the family I’d suggest getting the XL one because this one is a bit small

Air Fryers

Find out how Philips Airfryer Original HD9218/51 (Black) compares to other Air Fryers

Erin

ErinSydney, NSW

Easy, healthy and useful

We use our air fryer a few times a week. It doesn't use any oil, so it's healthy, and it takes half the time of the oven. We mostly use it for potatoes and roast vegetables, but you can also cook chicken legs ( the skin gets nice and crisp) or heat up bread rolls for a nice outer crust. We're normally cooking for two, but can use it for up to four people. It can be difficult to clean, so we prefer not to use it for meats or messy foods, but it's easy to use and the foods we do make come out really great!

Purchased in May 2016.

Jacque J.

Jacque J.

cant live with out this product

I bought this when the hype was on about healthy eating and because I am a celiac I need to watch what I eat. I thought hubby might not take to the food but he loves the home made chips and hash browns also crisps pies up and you can do baking but I haven't done that side of it. The beauty is you don't need any oil so all you are having is healthy food less salt and fats. It is easy to clean with just a wipe out and store again in your cupboard

Purchased at Target Australia for A$99.00.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Great product

I am very satisfied with the product. It gets the job done, very efficient and very easy to clean. My partner usually makes pork crackling in the air fryer and it taste even better than some of the shops.

Purchased in September 2019 at Myer for A$300.00.

Product is used Weekly
Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use, but hard to clean

Easy to use and works well when fry or heat food in it within the adjusted time frame. However, the space is a bit small and can't put in too much food in it especially meat. Hard to clean as well as oil sticks on it is hard to remove or scrub.

Mahesh S.

Mahesh S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

What a great cooker !!

I a extremely satisfied with this product and concept. We don't use oil at all. Great cooker. We have potato chips, chicken , fish, beef, pork anything on this air fryer without adding any oil.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys.

Vicki

VickiSydney, NSW

Grill and accessories missing in box

Matthew K.

Matthew K.Sydney, NSW

Better than an oven

This works really well for our small family. I find the cook time is less than a conventional oven and food is crispier and less oily. Very happy with product. The baking pan and skewers are a good addon

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for A$229.00.

deadxnurse

deadxnurse

love it

I love this air fryer so much!
Just the right size and it is so easy to cook and fry food in it.
I can cook bread, spring rolls and chips so easily with this thing.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$180.00.

Philips S.Philips

We love hearing you like the Airfryer as much as you do! Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences, we appreciate it. :-)

knaoko

knaokoSydney

No more deep-frying

Since I bought this fryer, I don't do any more deep frying. I can cook crispy fried chicken, heating up the Chinese pan cake, cooking sticky rice cake without enormous amount of oil. This is not only healthy but also helps environment. I hate disposing the used, smelly oil into the bin. I don't need to clean the range hood filers because I don't deep fry. Downside is a bit of noise, it is quite noisy to have a full on. You also need to spray or brush oil on food, otherwise they sticks to the grill. Washing is easy because of non-stick coating. I always wash with my hand. This is not for big family but enough for small family or couple or single person.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys for A$200.00.

Badger

BadgerDarling Downs, QLD

Fat free cooking.

The Phillips original airfryer is such a great way to cook just about anything,I've purchased my second one just recently as my first one lasted nearly 4 years.The Phillips airfryer has only one problem,they are very difficult to clean after being in use for 6 months or more.Even using caustic oven cleaner on the basket and sliding fat catcher multiple times doesn't remove baked on foodstuffs.The only way to keep it looking like new is to clean it thoroughly after each use! Which is not practical,and most people don't have the time or can't be bothered.

Purchased in February 2017 at Big W for A$170.00.

Lindiloo

LindilooIllawarra, NSW

I bought the daily air fryer.

I bought the daily air fryer, I Don't like the fact accessories for a 7" is hard to find like the fryer pan. If anyone is looking to buy one XL or XXL is the better way to go.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jade

Jade

Healthy and still tasty

After I used the air fryer, the kitchen is clean. No oil for cooking meat or fish anymore, yet still very tasty. The only demerit will be the small size. Highly recommend!

Purchased in January 2019.

Roxana

RoxanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and healthy

what I love about this product:
1- Easy cleaning (dishwasher safe)
2- no oil required so makes it perfect for making meatballs etc
3- even great for toasting bread
4- not only you do not need oil but also removes extra oil, a great product specially for ppl with high cholesterol
my fav one is making chips in it, it makes it crispy
what I don't like about it:
the only thing I didn't like is its a bit noisy

Purchased in January 2017.

R B.

R B.Perth, WA

Mid week dinner game changer

Purchased in April 2019.

See all Philips Original Airfryer reviews

Jodie B.

Jodie B.asked

Original HD9218/51 (Black)

Can you buy accessories for this? For baking roasting etc? Does the baking pans need to sit in the basket?

Kuchs

I am not sure .. I would like to know. So, if you find out please let me know.

Hello Jodie,

Thanks for coming to us with your questions. The baking dish does indeed need to be placed within the basket in order for it to fit properly in the Airfryer. In regard to the availability of spare parts for your appliance, we would kindly recommend you to reach out to our team via the below phone number. They will be able to further assist you.

You can reach them on 1300 363 39 from 07:00 am - 07:00 pm on Monday - Friday.

We hope this helps and that you enjoy your AirFryer!

Georgia S

Georgia Sasked

Original HD9218/51 (Black)

What is the dimensions of the frying basket?

Kuchs

Not sure . but it is definitely the smaller of the Phillips air fryers. Don't think that you would be able to a very big roast in it.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Georgia, thank you for your question. The capacity of the basket is 800 grams. We hope this helps. Should you need any further assistance, you can reach our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Hayley

Hayleyasked

Original HD9218/51 (Black)

How many litres is this? I’m after a 10l air fryer.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Hayley, thanks for reaching out to us. The HD9218/51 has a basket capacity of 800 grams. The XXl collection has a basket capacity of 1.4 KG. You can find more information on our website here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-e/ho/cooking/airfryer-xxl-smart.html. Hope this helps. lf you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our product team on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives