Philips Original Airfryer

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of air fryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Weiwei

WeiweiPerth, WA

Use it everyday!

We use the air fryer everyday from just making toast (we don’t have a toaster) to frying veges, chips and meat. It is so quick and easy and convenient to use and easy to clean, although we don’t necessarily wash it after every use.
Food produced by the air fryer is great but must be spaced out to allow air to go through each food item to ensure crispyness if you’re making chips for example.

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys for A$200.00.

Fahad A.

Fahad A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I cannot live without it

The most important part of my cooking life. I cannot imagine how it makes my life easier and more healthy without any oil just turn it on and the food cooked well. It is not like the other Air fryer I have used.

Purchased in March 2017 at Target Australia for A$199.00.

Philips S.Philips

We're glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :)

Glen2000

Glen2000

Great we use it everyday

We are on our second one we baought the original one when it first came out we had it for 8 years and used it all the time. It still worked when we replaced it. This new one we have had for a year and its great too. We have told all our friends and i would totally recommend it. You can cook something in the ime it would take to heat our big oven.

Purchased in February 2010 at Harvey Norman for A$130.00.

Sharnelle T.

Perfect for any house hold

This has been the best purchase we have every done, had this air fryer for 4 years and still use it twice a day! It’s amazing and I love it

Amazing

This has been awesome
They have the best quality out of all the air fryers
I have had one for 4 years and still use it twice a day, it’s the best!

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Unknown

UnknownHunter Region, NSW

Great product!

I love how quickly it cooks food compared to a normal oven! I use it all the time. Only thing is if you have more than two people in the family I’d suggest getting the XL one because this one is a bit small

Jimbobra1234

Jimbobra1234Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect for convenient cooking

Very happy with my air fryer, I use it every day to cook most of my meals. No fuss timer, Which means you’ll never overcook anything or accidentally leave the machine on. I have cooked everything from roast chicken to spring rolls in here and always comes out perfectly crispy. Also great to reheat pizza and other fried and fatty foods as it keeps it crispy and not soggy

Purchased at Big W for A$152.00.

Dee

DeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my air fryer so much

I have had this air fryer for over a year now and I've only used my oven twice since. I often cook roast veg and sausages all at once in the machine and love the way nothing is dry.

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W Online Store for A$149.00.

Philips S.Philips

Great appliance for one or two servings and easy to use!!!

Another great buy! I loved that my teenage children can grill their snacks after school. Much easier to clean than the oven and the small capacity is great for snacks or meal for 1.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$299.00.

Philips S.Philips

We're glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :)

knaoko

knaokoSydney

No more deep-frying

Since I bought this fryer, I don't do any more deep frying. I can cook crispy fried chicken, heating up the Chinese pan cake, cooking sticky rice cake without enormous amount of oil. This is not only healthy but also helps environment. I hate disposing the used, smelly oil into the bin. I don't need to clean the range hood filers because I don't deep fry. Downside is a bit of noise, it is quite noisy to have a full on. You also need to spray or brush oil on food, otherwise they sticks to the grill. Washing is easy because of non-stick coating. I always wash with my hand. This is not for big family but enough for small family or couple or single person.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys for A$200.00.

Badger

BadgerDarling Downs, QLD

Fat free cooking.

The Phillips original airfryer is such a great way to cook just about anything,I've purchased my second one just recently as my first one lasted nearly 4 years.The Phillips airfryer has only one problem,they are very difficult to clean after being in use for 6 months or more.Even using caustic oven cleaner on the basket and sliding fat catcher multiple times doesn't remove baked on foodstuffs.The only way to keep it looking like new is to clean it thoroughly after each use! Which is not practical,and most people don't have the time or can't be bothered.

Purchased in February 2017 at Big W for A$170.00.

Jade

Jade

Healthy and still tasty

After I used the air fryer, the kitchen is clean. No oil for cooking meat or fish anymore, yet still very tasty. The only demerit will be the small size. Highly recommend!

Purchased in January 2019.

Cathy

CathyNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Happy customer

I recently purchased this air fryer and was pleasantly surprised that it does what the manufacturers promote. It heats amazing chips to the same effect as deep frying would, but with just a tiny amount of oil. I have also heated up small savouries and sausage rolls and you couldn't tell they hadn't been oven heated. The heating process is very fast also, and very simple to clean afterwards.
Great value for money, wish I had one years ago!

Purchased in August 2019 at Target Australia for A$145.00.

Layadi T.

Layadi T.Sydney, NSW

We Used it every day, loved it so much.

Me and my wife depend on this item so much. We used it to cook chips, spam etc. With the spam the oil/fat will drop at the bottom and it's alot of fat.
This is our second phillips air fryer, the first one the steel mesh was damaged after two years of constant used. We were looking to buy just the steel mesh part but it was very expensive around $90 online from UK. So we decided to grab a new one when its on promotion.

Purchased in December 2017.

We love the Philips Airfryer

Em Bee

Em BeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast Healthy Easy

Nice looking, no mess, no fuss, simple to use, easy to clean, giving perfect results every single time. We love the Philips AirFryer. The 800g capacity is only suitable for snacks or side dishes for our large family but we have enjoyed experimenting with all kinds of dishes: baking, frying, roasting... we've tried it all with perfect results each and every time. The online recipe book is jam packed with recipes and inspiration if we ever want to branch out from our usual choices. This is an excellent "must-have" kitchen appliance garanteed not to sit unused at the back of a cupboard or waste kitchen bench space.

Rae

RaeSydney, NSW

Philips Airfryer Healthy Amazing Appliance

Kitchen Must Have!

real buyer

real buyerSpencer Gulf

Welcome to the Future!

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for A$117.10.

See all Philips Original Airfryer reviews

CAB

CABasked

Original HD9216/91 (White)

Hi, I love my HD9216 air fryer but the handle on the basket has broken and I can't seem to find where to purchase a replacement. Could you pls advise? BTW, I thought I had ordered one online at the www.parts.philips.com.au site, only to find the whole thing was a scam and I am $55 out-of-pocket. Not sure if you guys know about this? Anyway, would love to legitimately purchase a replacement if you can help pls? Thanks so much ;)

Hi there Cab,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and thank you for the kind words. Thank you very much for flagging this with us and we are very sorry to hear about what happened to you. To get this sorted out as quickly as possible we would like to invite you to contact our colleagues directly with the following phone numbers: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST (AU) or 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm (NZ). We hope to speak to you soon.

AG A.

AG A.asked

Original Airfryer

Hi, for the basket, can a 7inch wide size pizza pan fit in?
(7in outer edge to outer edge. )

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your question here, AG. Actually, we are not quite sure if a 7 inch wide size pizza can fit inside the unit of this Airfryer model. However, our colleagues would be more than happy to help answer this. You can reach them at this number here: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST (Australia) or 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm (New Zealand).

Debbie V.

Debbie V.asked

Original Airfryer

CAN YOU DEHYDRATE FOODS IN THIS???

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your message. Yes you can. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with us on social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). One of our colleagues will then try their best to help you. Hope to speak to you soon.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives