Philips Original Airfryer

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of air fryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Bob D.

Bob D.Brisbane

HD9216/91 (White)

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$170.00.

Karim A.

Karim A.Sydney, NSW

Really good for the price

I got this at a really good price it was perfect ever since, we use it to make all sort of healthy fried food, using less oil to make fries is really the reason I decided to get this.

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for A$99.00.

nickname

nickname

Love my air fryer!

We find this is the perfect size for our 2 person household. Really easy to use and much faster than an oven. We usually use it for roasting vegetables but I am keen to try a roast in there.
Easy to clean as I just put the trays components straight in the dishwasher.
Can't comment on the value for money as it was a present.

Purchased in December 2019.

Rupinder S.

Rupinder S.

I m in love with it.

Oil free food, cardio suitable.
Time saver
Convenient
Healthy options.
Yes, you can enjoy the crispiness of the food if you want.
The great thing is that you can bake in it

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer for A$150.00.

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear this and thanks for sharing!

Kuchs

KuchsSouth Australia

Disappointing that there is no recipe book or proper instruction book

I bought my first time ever air fryer just before Easter. I have cooked on it over the weekend and found it to be an excellent product. The only disappointing part was the lack of instructions and no recipe book (even basic one). I would have thought the product should have at least come with both of these.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for A$200.00.

Erin

ErinSydney, NSW

Easy, healthy and useful

We use our air fryer a few times a week. It doesn't use any oil, so it's healthy, and it takes half the time of the oven. We mostly use it for potatoes and roast vegetables, but you can also cook chicken legs ( the skin gets nice and crisp) or heat up bread rolls for a nice outer crust. We're normally cooking for two, but can use it for up to four people. It can be difficult to clean, so we prefer not to use it for meats or messy foods, but it's easy to use and the foods we do make come out really great!

Purchased in May 2016.

Jacque J.

Jacque J.

cant live with out this product

I bought this when the hype was on about healthy eating and because I am a celiac I need to watch what I eat. I thought hubby might not take to the food but he loves the home made chips and hash browns also crisps pies up and you can do baking but I haven't done that side of it. The beauty is you don't need any oil so all you are having is healthy food less salt and fats. It is easy to clean with just a wipe out and store again in your cupboard

Purchased at Target Australia for A$99.00.

Mahesh S.

Mahesh S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

What a great cooker !!

I a extremely satisfied with this product and concept. We don't use oil at all. Great cooker. We have potato chips, chicken , fish, beef, pork anything on this air fryer without adding any oil.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys.

Matthew K.

Matthew K.Sydney, NSW

Better than an oven

This works really well for our small family. I find the cook time is less than a conventional oven and food is crispier and less oily. Very happy with product. The baking pan and skewers are a good addon

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for A$229.00.

MumWithKids

MumWithKidsSydney, NSW

Quick and easy

I have to say I was super surprised at how quick and well this works. Being super skeptical, I attempted everything in it except cake. Fabulous! No oil! LOVE IT!

But for quick kids dinner when its been that type of day I just can not fault it. Saved my sanity a few times.

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for A$95.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for the positive review. Great to hear you enjoy using the Airfyer so much and that it's a nice solution for preparing a quick meal by the end of a long day.

The Phililps Australia Team

Just another Consumer

Just another ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Finally took the plunge & it's great!

Was skeptical about Philips air fryer but never regret after took the plunge & bought it. Wife using it most of the time. One of the best ever product they made. Would recommend to anyone who still deciding about this brand air fryer.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman.

deadxnurse

deadxnurse

love it

I love this air fryer so much!
Just the right size and it is so easy to cook and fry food in it.
I can cook bread, spring rolls and chips so easily with this thing.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$180.00.

Philips S.Philips

We love hearing you like the Airfryer as much as you do! Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences, we appreciate it. :-)

Lindiloo

LindilooIllawarra, NSW

I bought the daily air fryer.

I bought the daily air fryer, I Don't like the fact accessories for a 7" is hard to find like the fryer pan. If anyone is looking to buy one XL or XXL is the better way to go.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Roxana

RoxanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and healthy

what I love about this product:
1- Easy cleaning (dishwasher safe)
2- no oil required so makes it perfect for making meatballs etc
3- even great for toasting bread
4- not only you do not need oil but also removes extra oil, a great product specially for ppl with high cholesterol
my fav one is making chips in it, it makes it crispy
what I don't like about it:
the only thing I didn't like is its a bit noisy

Purchased in January 2017.

alexaaa

alexaaaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favourite kitchen appliance!

Since we purchased this air fryer, we have been nothing but impressed with it. From chips, to steak, to lamb cutlets, all of the food I have cooked in there comes out both tender and delicious. It’s easy to use and is easily cleaned in the dishwasher. I love this product so much, that I’ll be purchasing a second.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$189.00.

yun

yunSydney, NSW

Great Air Fryer

Best airfryer. does perfect job every time. Just little small for the family. and not very convenient to wash.But overall, Good. Built last long we have using Philips AirFryer last 4 yrs without any problem.

Purchased in June 2015 for A$179.00.

Jan

JanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love my wings in this

My kids got this for me for mother days and it has been fantastic so far. I would love an Xxl size instead but will wait until Christmas sale or so.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

DebbieS

DebbieSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best on the market!!

I absolutely love this air fryer, the meat & chicken comes out tender and juicy, I love cooking my lamb racks in it, with roast potatoes sweet potatoes and pumpkin, just put the rack of lamb on top of the veggies and the juice and marinade drips over them. Both my partner and I are chefs and can’t believe how great and fast this cooks tasty delicious meals.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for A$450.00.

Patro

PatroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect better then Ovan and Deep fry

Now this is the third year of continuous using . Everyday use for three years .. working as good as new but bought another one with higher capacity. Healthier then Ovan. Quick and bake evenly. Very easy to use. no need to buy oily deep fries outside. a lot of things you can cook. I think this Philips is better then other Air Friers in the market.

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$250.00.

R B.

R B.Perth, WA

Mid week dinner game changer

Purchased in April 2019.

See all Philips Original Airfryer reviews

CAB

CABasked

Original HD9216/91 (White)

Hi, I love my HD9216 air fryer but the handle on the basket has broken and I can't seem to find where to purchase a replacement. Could you pls advise? BTW, I thought I had ordered one online at the www.parts.philips.com.au site, only to find the whole thing was a scam and I am $55 out-of-pocket. Not sure if you guys know about this? Anyway, would love to legitimately purchase a replacement if you can help pls? Thanks so much ;)

Hi there Cab,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and thank you for the kind words. Thank you very much for flagging this with us and we are very sorry to hear about what happened to you. To get this sorted out as quickly as possible we would like to invite you to contact our colleagues directly with the following phone numbers: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST (AU) or 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm (NZ). We hope to speak to you soon.

AG A.

AG A.asked

Original Airfryer

Hi, for the basket, can a 7inch wide size pizza pan fit in?
(7in outer edge to outer edge. )

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your question here, AG. Actually, we are not quite sure if a 7 inch wide size pizza can fit inside the unit of this Airfryer model. However, our colleagues would be more than happy to help answer this. You can reach them at this number here: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST (Australia) or 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm (New Zealand).

Debbie V.

Debbie V.asked

Original Airfryer

CAN YOU DEHYDRATE FOODS IN THIS???

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your message. Yes you can. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with us on social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). One of our colleagues will then try their best to help you. Hope to speak to you soon.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives