Philips Original Airfryer

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Looking for a healthier way to enjoy delicious, home-cooked food? Read on for more information on the benefits of air fryers, plus important features to look out for when buying.

Read now

• Product is used
Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use, but hard to clean

Easy to use and works well when fry or heat food in it within the adjusted time frame. However, the space is a bit small and can't put in too much food in it especially meat. Hard to clean as well as oil sticks on it is hard to remove or scrub.

Lindiloo

LindilooIllawarra, NSW

I bought the daily air fryer.

I bought the daily air fryer, I Don't like the fact accessories for a 7" is hard to find like the fryer pan. If anyone is looking to buy one XL or XXL is the better way to go.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
shanexu3

shanexu3Perth, WA

Great product but difficult to clean the coil heating element

I purchased my Philips Air Fryer a week ago from Big W in Belmont. It was on sale for $139. Since I purchased it I have been using for almost every meal. It works great. The only shortcomings I have found is it’s difficult to clean, I’m not taking about the pull out tray and basket that is easy to wash but I’m talking about the heating element. Fat and oil has stuck to it and beyond and the design of the machine makes it difficult to get in and give it a good clean. I also thing it is a little small for my family of five. Apart from thses two things I am happy with my purchase

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Air Fryers

Find out how Philips Original Airfryer compares to other Air Fryers

Wendy

WendySydney, NSW

Not very helpful

I have to say it is convenient and healthy because besically you don’t use much oil sometimes for some food you don’t even use oil. However, I didn’t use it much because it is difficult to clean up and the oil smell is very strong when it is working. Average

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Mary

Mary

Alright for the Price

This fryer does the job for me at 1st the cooking results were not good but after get use to it , I like it, it cooks chip ,wedge ,crumbed fish & chicken, not hot oil to deal with. open up add your chips set temperature turn dial for time and get on with something else in the kitchen. There maybe a draw back for a larger family , the basket is not very big , great for hubby & me. Hubby uses it all the time as it sits on our bench. Easy to clean . A little noisy you know its on. I got it on special from Big W.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Amanda Banks

Amanda BanksSouth Yarra

Good for.... chips?

I purchased this on a whim as I saw it advertised and thought it would be great.

But the word “healthy” is a little off as you are cooking frozen food which is chemically processed in a machine that is safe to cook food or no? As with microwaved items there can be a safety worry but the plastics inside being heated to high temps I’m not 100% confident it’s safe.

I have friends who love it but at the end of the day your oven can cook a chicken. It can cook potatoes.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
See all Philips Original Airfryer reviews

Janeasked

Original HD9218/51 (Black)

Does the Philips Airfryer Original have a timer?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jane, thank you for the question. The HD9218/51 has an integrated timer which allows you to pre-set cooking times of up to 30 minutes. You can find more information about the product on this page: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD9218_51/daily-collection-airfryer-with-rapid-air-technology. We hope this makes it clear!

Jane

Thanks for the information.

John H.

John H.asked

Original HD9218/51 (Black)

how any litres is this machine

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your message. The capacity of the matching basket is 28 oz. If you happen to have any further questions, feel free to contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Margaret J.

Margaret J.asked

Original HD9216/81 (White)

How many litres is this air fryer

Rama
Rama

From memory it is 2.2 L but You probably better off to check their website also .

Hiya, Margaret

Thanks for your question. The capacity of the basked is 28oz which is about 0,8 liters.

Hope this helps!

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare all 3 Philips Original Airfryer
Philips Airfryer Original HD9216/81 (White)
  • Discontinued
  • Award Winner 2021

Philips Airfryer Original HD9216/81 (White)

4.4
Power1,425 W1,425 W1,425 W
Colour / FinishBlackWhiteWhite
Cord Length0.8 m0.8 m0.8 m
Dimensions 384 x 315 x 287 mm384 x 315 x 287 mm384 x 315 x 287 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Replaced byPhilips Airfryer Original HD9216/91 (White)
Compare all 3 Philips Original Airfryer