Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72

ABSOLUTE PIECE OF GARBAGE.

Will not reliably pressurise irrespective of how it's assembled after use and it only assembled the one way.
Utter waste of money.
Burns meals unrecoverably whilst it futilely attempts to pressurise.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
Rice Cooking
Hi there, thanks sharing this here. We're sorry to see you seem to have some issues with your Multi-Cooker. It seems a bit odd it burns meals, and we'd like to see if there's anything we can do about this. We'd be more than happy to look further into this for you. You can reach out to us directly at 1300 363 391 (AU), or 0800 658 224 (NZ). You can also reach out to us on Facebook, or Twitter (@PhilipsCare). We'd be happy to assist you further. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Food not cooked

Cooked on Slow Cook Low, 8hrs. We have had our machine for 6mths. Little used. But twice now the food is only part cooked at 8hrs. And we have had the lid lockup to. Just cannot get it open Lots of heavy persuasion got it to pop. I keep the lock mechanism lubed now.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $349.00.

Hi Kerry, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us - that does not sound right at all and we'd like to see what's going wrong. For the undercooked food issue - could we double check if you've made sure that there is no foreign residue on the heating element and the outside of the inner pot, before switching the appliance on? As for the top lid not opening, is the handle in the opened lock symbol position? We look forward to hearing from you! Kind Regards, The Philips Australia TeamThankyou Philips for replying. Lets be very clear. This undercooked has happened more than once. We checked every detail out re the element. Nothing to be found. The handle was in the open position forsure.Thanks for getting back to us, Kerry. We kindly advise you to contact our product experts directly via the below link for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BCOOKING_CA Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The Lid will not open here is the answer!

We have had this pressure cooker for a couple of months, I have used quite a few electric pressure cookers in the past and this one is not that different as in features like offering the slow cooking option as well as others etc, One issue is the lid locking when it should not! and I see others have had this problem also firstly calling Philips customer care is a waste of time, in fact, they are one of the worst customer care teams I have ever dealt with they are as usual overseas call centre who have ZERO product knowledge they merely look up the manual and read the instructions while you are talking to them on the phone , the gentleman we spoke with gave us totally wrong information he did not even understand what pressure cooking was. Anyway, I'm not here to rubbish Philips call centre they take care of that themselves I just want to let people know that yes there is a design problem with the lid locking on this cooker even using it on the slow cooker function it can happen so an inconvenience yes! but if you can put up with it the unit will unlock after the appliance stops if you leave it for about 20 or 30 mins the lid will unlock and let you get your food out, What happens is the type of lid allows a combination of suction and pressure to build up even when not using pressure cooking setting and causes the lids mechanism to look.
Its a shame Philips as the product looks great and would be great if this did not happen.
I am sure the same call centre staff are the ones who respond to these reviews LOL.

Purchased in April 2019 for $289.00.

Sautéing
Hi there, We appreciate the elaborate review about HD2145 all-in-one cooker. We regret hearing that you run into this issue with the lid locking. This probably only happens when the pressure is released? Which team have you been in touch with, if we may ask? You should be able to reach our product specialists at 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips AustraliaNo Phillips this problem happens with the lid locking not only when you pressure cook when you slow cock also, and the lid locks will not open until you turn off the unit and wait for 25 to 30 mins, This is also my second replacement unit so there is clearly a problem in design as the first one did the same thing and the retail store informed me that everyone has complained about the same issue either get a refund or put up with it!Thanks for explaining the situation to us. We'd be happy to look into this for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Pressure not get to the preset value randomly, Philips doesn't reply to my email

After 1 year usage, the problems coming.
1. When I choose to beef on the menu, there is at least 3 time the pressure can't go up to 60, it keeps heating but the timer never counts down.
2. When select cooking rice on the menu, it happens a couple of times, it takes a half hour and still showing "pressure up" and didn't progress. I stop it. The rice is cooked.
3. I select cooking rice on the menu, the pressure doesn't go up to the pre-set value 30, it flatuates 15-25, rice is cooked, but it tastes watery and is not as good as new.

I send the cooker to Philips nominated service center. After 2 weeks they just did a test to boil water and pressure goes up. But my cooker issue is that the cooker pressure doesn't go to the pre-set pressure value 30. Those guys don't mark down the 3 issues I told them, which is the basic step to diagnose the problem. they waste my 2 weeks and does a useless test.

I reply to Philips customer care email which I have an open ticket with them(ref:_00Dw0Cp29._5002X2Npabb:ref). This time it takes 7 days but still got no reply. I disappoint their service.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $270.00.

Rice Cooking
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're really sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your product and that our customer service team hasn't gotten back to you yet. Could you please reach out to us via 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), or contact us on social media (Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare)? We'd be very happy to help you there and see what we can do! We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Very disappointed with this product

The quality of this product is terrible. The lock system is poorly designed therefore there is a constant struggle with opening and closing the lid. (Ours jammed) Don’t recommend it

Purchased in May 2018 at Tens Machines Australia for $285.00.

Steaming
Rice Cooking
Hi there, Annie. Thanks for taking your time to write this review. We're sorry to hear that the product didn't meet up to your expectations and we like to get in touch and see if we can help. Please contact our colleagues directly via the below link: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BCOOKING_CA We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great product to eat clean and healthy

daily use for dinner. Set and forget feature is the best for weekdays dinner. Often used it for making soup out of beef/pork bone with maximum pressure to extract all the good stuff that's beneficial for your joints. I've plonked a whole mid size chicken into the cooker for a 20 min steam and it turned out really well.

Since its chestnut season now, I have used the cooker to make perfect batches of sweet soft chestnuts. Put your whole chestnuts in (cut a small slit on the shell), cover it with water, set for 30 minutes and 40 pressure. And you will have one of the best tasting chestnuts with easy to peel shell.

I find the pressure build up and release time perfectly reasonable. It takes its time to build up the pressure because it needs to boil the water and its content, then it needs to boil off more water to create steam as steam is the component that produces pressure. Higher set pressure value = more steam = longer time. On the long pressure release time, it may be a built in safety function that wouldnt allow too much pressure to be released at once, as a sudden huge cloud of heated steam might be dangerous.

Next stop, trying to make yoghurt with the cooker.

Cleaning is a bit tricky as sometimes you have to disassemble the metal lid and wash down the components one by one. The rubber seal also has to be reassemble in a certain orientation, but nothing too hard with a few practice run even for a butter finger like me.

all in all, a wonderful/helpful addition to my kitchen.

Purchased in March 2018.

Steaming
Pressure Cooking
This is very helpful to us as well as to the other users of this product, Sam. Thanks a lot for sharing your review here. We're glad to read that you're really happy with the appliance. Let us know if there is anything that we can help you with. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Worst All-In-One Cooker

Very disappointed and very unhappy with this machine, worse part is I can’t return this product. It takes a very long time to to start up the pressure cooker and when it does the pressure release, it takes a long time. With normal pressure cookers, you can change the knob to let out all the pressure at once. This unit only has the slow pressure release and it takes 15-20 minutes or so for all the pressure to release. While it’s “warming up”, it takes 10 minutes for it to start the pressure. It’s a waste of time having to wait for my food to be done. The preset options gives you a time where food should be cooked and the pressure, be prepared that if you’re cooking for say “poultry” it should be done in 20 minutes but expect it to be about 40 from start to finish. If Philips is to make another multi-cooker I suggest to give option for fast release of pressure or slow release. One thing I like about this feature is the ‘Add Ingredients’ function. Wish I can return this unit.

Also the lid comes with silicone seals which if you have stains from cooking your food such as beef stew or curry be prepared that those stains will not come or wash off the silicone seals.

Purchased in March 2019 for $349.00.

Rice Cooking
Hi Henry, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with the all-in-one cooker here in such great detail - we very much value your feedback and would like to look into this for you. Could you perhaps give us a call at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), or contact us on social media (Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare), so we could take a deeper look and see how we can help? We'll be looking forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Don't buy this machine

We have tried to use the cooker for casseroles, curries and the like
It cooks well but the reciopes are universally VERY runny
The BIGGEST issue is that very slow pressure release, often over 20 minutes to release pressure
It would be quicker to use a sauscepan.
I wish I could take the damn thing back, or poke a hole in it- its crap

Purchased in February 2019.

Rice Cooking
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that the all-in-one cooker has not met your expectations, despite cooking well. It might be helpful to know that you can tap the pressure release button to quickly release the pressure, instead of waiting until the cooker cools down naturally when the pressure keeping time has elapsed. If there is anything we can do for you or if you have any other questions, please feel free to give a call at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) - our team would be happy to help. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Teamthe 20+ minutes IS the quick release doofus Your product is faultly

unsure if I’m going to be happy

Purchased this recently, it has taken me days to figure out how to cook plain rice. The ‘so called’ manual is useless, no cooking instructions at all for basic foods like rice etc.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $349.00.

2hrs to cook 20min soup from book

Tried to cook the soup out the book it comes with took 1hr to come up to pressure and then 40min to de pressure so we could eat it. Also tried to cook rice had to put it on 3 times to get it cooked as you can't change the time on it. Will be taking it back and getting something else.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Slow Cooking
Hi there, Calum. Thanks for taking your time to write this review. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced with our product. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. Please contact our colleagues directly here for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BCOOKING_CA Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Should have been tipped off by the brand name "Philips".

Absolutely the worst appliance we have ever bought. The seal is almost impossible to fit, which is something you need to do every time you use the appliance. And no I am not a numbty ... I can assemble IKEA furniture, and disassemble and reassemble complex mechanical devices... you would have to have rocks in your head to buy this appliance. Total waste of nee $300.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi there Brian, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're really sorry to hear about your experience with the Philips Deluxe and would love to talk to you about this and see how we can improve the situation. We kindly ask you to call us on 1300 363 391 as we'd really like to see if we can do anything to make this better. We hope to hear from you, Brian! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Unreliable

Have only used the pressure cooker twice and both times it would not build up any pressure.

Luckily I was able to still cook risotto when I used the pressure cooker for the first time. It just took much longer than it should.

Tonight I went to cook Barbacoa Beef and it was a disaster. Money now down the drain and no dinner.

Also, the first time I went to use it, I could not lock the lid. After a bit of research, I found that the seal had not been fitted properly and so I found out how to fit it via a YouTube video.

Will look to return it back to Harvey Norman as it is essentially useless. Cannot believe that a unit worth almost $300 does not work and has so many other bad reviews.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Martin, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We can hear that you haven't had the best experience with this All-in-one-cooker. Seeing that you've returned the device, there's not much we can do right now. However, if you wish to discuss your experience further. Please know that you can contact us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Love this!!

I got this from Myer during their Boxing Day sales. I have done two recipes so far and loved them both.

I used to own the Tefal cook for me, compared to this, the Tefal model is amateur hours! Everything with this machine is great, once I’ve figured how to operate it. The only part that was confusing was that rubber unit with the floater. You see, I removed it thinking it was just some sort of packing protector. Of course, this meant that the machine couldn’t pressurise! This really needs to be spelt out in the manual (as a listed component), rather than the cleaning instructions in another section.

Once I figured that one out, I have cooked a beef rendang, and a soup in it. Both turned out delish! The only criticism is those controls on the panel, they are a little confusing. But like everything else, there is a learning curve. Perhaps Philips would consider a touch screen option in the future to make this machine even better.

The best thing about this? The quietness of the machine and the lack of smell (from cooking the curry), meant that I will be able to enjoy more complex recipes without worrying about cooking smells permeating my furnitures.

The machine supports sauteeing, pressure cooking and slow cooking. I can now retire my other devices and just use this one. Now, if only Philips could put air frying function into this nifty unit...

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi there Joe. Thanks a lot for sharing your review about this product. And we really appreciate your advice and suggestions. :) Let us know if you have any questions about the product, alright? We're listening. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

We cannot open the pressure cooker to get the food

We have been using it for 3 months by now and almost always we had problems trying to opening it. In around 10 different occasions the cooker didn't unlock and we needed to switch it on and use the "add ingredient" button in order to open it.

Just now it's happening again but this time there is no way to open it. We have some food inside and we are trying to open it SINCE YESTERDAY NIGHT. The food will be rotten by the moment we can manage to open it (if we are able to do it).

We will try to take it to the technical service today, but the food is going to be rotten.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there. Thank you fro taking the time to write down your experience with this Multicooker. We can imagine the inconvenience of not being able to open it, and we'd like for you to get in contact with our product team about this. They will gladly look into this and see how they can help. You can find our contact options on the following page: https://bit.ly/2wukcTf. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Could be 5 stars but...

Ok. I have a love hate relationship with this machine. It actually cooks really nice food. However, there are so many drawbacks with this machine.
Firstly, the digital touch pad is extremely complicated and not intuitive at all, this is esp. for setting the timer. The other thing that annoys me is that the time delay function does not work. I already exchanged my machine for another one for that reason but the same thing happens. It allows for time delay function on some cooking settings but not for example on the slow cooking mode which I wanted to work so bad. It will let you select a ridiculous time delay function of like 9 hours but not let’s say 4 hours. I rang their Customer Service about it but they are a complete waste of time. The other thing that’s annoying is the rigid time settings. You can’t set the timer on slow cook to just 1 hour. A lot of recipes call for 1 hour on high and the another few hours on low. Also, it’s a nuisance when you just want to add on another hour to the cooking time. Same with the baking mode. The temperature of the baking mode is very low so some cakes will need to be baked for more than an hour. You can’t do that and you can’t simply add on another 15 minutes or so once the timer is up. So you have to set your own timer after the initial cooking time is up. I ordered another non stick inner pot and checked the model number carefully and it won’t fit into my pot even though it says it’s compatible. I lodged a complaint mid October and after not hearing back lodged another complete on 31st October. I have not heard back. That’s horrendous customer Service. Today I had an issue with the lid not opening and made the mistake of calling customer service again. An utter waste of time. After giving all my details-a lengthy process in itself-the lady had no idea how to fix this problem and asked me twice if I read the user manual. That was after I already told her that I used the machine lots of times before. She then said she is going to send me an email so I can send them a photo of me not being able to open the lid. Yes, you read that righ!!! I’m still waiting for that email. Luckily, after giving the lid a few gentle wacks it became unstuck. Based on customer Service I would give this machine 0 points. The machine itself could do with some improvements of the timer settings and a more user friendly touch pad But does cook nice meals.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this multicooker here. It sounds like you've had quite a few issues in regards to this cooker, which we regret hearing about. Although we appreciate you found your way to our customer service multiple times, we're sorry to hear the service hasn't met with your expectations. It does sound like you're currently speaking to one of our colleagues, but if you would like for us to look into this and see what we can still do for you, please feel free to let us know the reference number of your previous conversation. It should start with 60-00. If you're not sure, or if you weren't given one, but you would like for someone to look into this, please let us know. We'll then send you a private message so that you can share your e-mail address, which we can use to look your files up into our system. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Totally not user-friendly

My family and I have almost everything with Philips brand; from electronic toothbrush, coffee machine, airfryer...to baby food maker and multicooker. You can say we are Philips loyal customers, simply we entrust good brands. However, this time you guys failed me terribly!

I bought a Philip all in One Multicooker couple of weeks ago, and only used 5 times. Now the seal ring had cracked and lid couldn’t close or lock at all!!! Not to mention it’s difficult to open it with the push button. It doesnt open smooth. I had to manually use both of my hands to push it up!

There is no way to collect the water from cooking process. So the moment, when you open up the lid, the water will go everywhere...it just too much trouble for cleaning!

If possible i would like a refund. I’m happy with this multicooker!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hello Candy, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced and we like to get in touch and see how we can help. Please call our colleagues on the below number for further assistance: 1300 363 391 Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Worst machine ever!

"Pressure up" never end! Wasting my time and food to retest again and again! Not counted yet I got hurt when forced to cancel, disassemble and reassemble the lid because of the never end "pressure up"! Also petrol to go and return to Bing Lee who refuse to make cash refund! This is the unit I got replaced for my first unit HD2178/72 got error E4 after 9 months used. I feel no confident with the machine but Bing Lee refuse to refund but only agree to replace it. Stuck here!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hello Siew, Thank you for bringing this matter under our attention. Needless to say, we regret hearing about your experience with the cooker and the service team. Please know that this is not our aim. We recommend reaching out to our local contact team via phone: Australian team: 1300 363 391 Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST or New Zealand team: 0800 658 224 Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm EST We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

These should be recalled!

I’ve now had two of these and both are so unreliable. When they work, the food is beautiful, but it is luck of the draw if they draw pressure or not. We have had many a dinner party ruined with stews and curries getting burned on the bottom and uncooked on top due to no pressure. Initially, we thought we were doing something wrong with the seal but there are times when we don’t touch the seal and one time it won’t pressurise, so we cancel it and start again and then it is fine. There have also been times when it has built pressure but not released and we have food trapped inside and no dinner at all. I really wanted to love this machine and if it did what it was suppose to, I would. However, there appears to be a design flaw. They should be recalled.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hey there, Thanks for sharing your honest feedback here. We're sorry to hear the cooker hasn't able to meet your expectations. We can imagine it can be quite discomforting, when your food isn't cooked properly. The last thing we'd want is for you to be hungry. If we can assist you further, could you please get in touch with us via this number 1300 363 391? We're always happy to help! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This product is a waste of time and money

I purchased this machine in January. I persevered in using it as having not used a pressure or slow cooker before I thought it was only a matter of getting used to the machine. However, no matter what I make, or what setting is used, nothing has produced a satisfactory result. Spare ribs pressure cooked as per the recipe book were stringy as was corned beef. Slow cooking resulted in uncooked vegetables and tough meat. After another failure tonight it has now been assigned to the rubbish bin.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts. We regret hearing your experience has been a negative one, although we appreciate the effort you took in cooking a few times with it. As you mention you followed the recipes out of the booklet, we're not sure why you haven't been able to get satisfactory results, and we would like to have our product specialists look into this. If you're still in possession of the cooker, please reach out to them on: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

One Cooker to Rule Them All

Quick background: We love cooking and experimenting.
Cuisine: Asian (Chinese, Malaysian, Indian), Italian, American & European.
Research period: 3 months
Budget: None but needs to be value for money.
Major driver: Slow & pressure cooking options.
Didn’t like leaving the stove or oven ON for long.
Product selected must be capable of cooking rice to replace our rice cooker. We didn’t want another appliance on the bench.

Who is it for: beginner and advance cooks. Technical and non-technical will find it fun either way.

What have we cooked in it: Rice =], stews, stir fry, shanks, curries and strange experimental meals that are probably best forgotten... =P
We didn’t bother following the recipe book or the videos. Some details were not even correct. For example, the video on Rice is completely wrong but gave us a good laugh.
What was useful in the book was the table with pressures and times. Would have been good if Philips elaborated on that page and provided even more in depth details for different cooking styles and cut/type of meat.

The unit itself is relatively small And fits nicely in the corner. It looks great. Very easy to workout and use. Great locking and safety mechanisms.

Only negative: power cord comes out the right side. It should come from underneath there by not having something sticking out and allows it to be positioned either side of a power outlet.

Conclusion: I can’t comment on customer support as I haven’t needed it. Having owned two major pieces of Philips equipment (the other is the PC Elite steam iron), I feel the products are solid and work as per the marketing fluff. Overall a great product and I’d recommend it to anyone.

Tip: One writer mentioned strong smells get caught in the silicone gasket. That is true IF you don’t air out the unit after using. We clean/wash all components after any “messy” cooks. Takes us 2-3mins. Quicker than cleaning a messy large stove. Lol
Point is, we leave the lid open when the unit is not in use. We use ours almost everyday. Do dust doesn’t have time to collect (and so what if it does? Haha).

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there, Thank you for your valuable feedback on the HD2145/72. We're very pleased to hear you're enjoying it so much and you've been able to make so many awesome dishes with this appliance. Thanks again. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.