Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72

Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72 Questions & Answers

35 questions from our users

Eli
Eli asked

I had issues with the locking mechanism. Phillips replace the cover where the rubber ring is now sealed permanently onto the cover and I can’t take out the rubber ring to wash. They say this is an upgraded version. Am puzzled as to how can an upgraded version compromise hygiene ?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Eli, thank you for sharing your concern. We understand that hygiene is of utmost necessity when it comes to cooking. Here's a video that provides a step-by-step guide on how to clean the cover and rubber ring of your Multi Cooker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adrz8FUvNc8 - We hope this helps! Should you have any other questions, feel free to reach our colleagues directly at 1300 998 851 (Australia) or 0800 836 761 (New Zealand), from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Hope to hear from you soon!

cornish1
cornish1

Hi
I have had the same problem. I am also concerned at how to clean this new version lid too.
Philips representatives: Please note this video link you attached is for the old version lid to clean. The new version does NOT allow for the gasket seal to be removed. It is actually riveted to the metal work. Pks advise. Thx

Ivy L
Ivy L

Hi, I've recently bought the same model as yours and I am having problem locking the lid. Any of you experience the same thing? Thanks

Corinne
Corinneasked

Hello, added a pork shoulder to the Philips pressure cooker today on the high slow cook setting but didn’t lock the lid till a few hours later. I didn’t open it or feel the sides but it would still have been safely cooking during the time before I locked the lid, right?

Jude Pachamuthu

Not sure but I guess it would be

Hello, Corinne

Thank you for reaching out to us here. We're here to help out! It is important that that the lid is closed at all times when preparing food in the pressure cooker. Have you checked to see if the sealing ring is properly attached? You can determine this by checking if the floater is up or down. If the floater is down, please check the seal ring and reassemble it properly. The seal ring needs to be attached to the lower part of the floater from the inside of the lid. Also make sure that the lever is in the unlock position. Thereafter, close the lid and then lock the lever.
We hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to further assist you with your query via phone or WhatsApp. If you're in New Zealand you can call us on 0800 658 224 Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or WhatsApp us on +61 435328251 (add number in your WhatsApp contacts) from Monday to Saturday: 09:00am – 09:00pm (chat only). If you're in Australia: 1300 363 391 Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST and Whatsapp is +61 435328251 Monday to Saturday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST (chat only).
Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hungry
Hungryasked

I have the HD2145 all in one cooker and today it showed the error code E10 on the screen. There is no information in the manual to indicate what the fault may be so I called your team (advertised opening hours 7am to 7pm). I called at 2pm Western Australian time to get a message that it is closed. Very disappointed with this as is it is now the day before Good Friday so I assume that the earliest I am going to be able to get a response is next Tuesday. So I am without my main cooking source over the long weekend.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear that your All-In-One Multi-Cooker is showing the E10 error code and that you could not get a hold of our colleagues via phone. We can imagine that not being able to use your device is far from ideal. We kindly recommend you to contact our colleagues (again) at 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST) or to send them a message via WhatsApp +61 435 328 251 (Monday to Sunday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST), so they can see how they can be of assistance. We hope that the issue will soon be resolved. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

LBELLasked

cannot open the the lid after being on the slow cooker. how can i open it.?

Jude Pachamuthu

I had this twice. Either wait for it to cool down or reheat for a while, then release steam. It should open. I had so many issues with this then 1 day it stopped working. Thank God it was under extended warranty. Harvey Norman replaced it with another model as this model was discontinued by Harvey.

Hi there,
Thanks for the answer Jude! In case that did not help, you can reach our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

StephL
StephLasked

I have the 2145/72 multi cooker and I loved it until it stopped producing pressure. My husband has cleaned out every nook and cranny but no luck. Is there a part that might need replacing or some other issue. I’m really frustrated as I was mostly using the pressure cooker programs.

Susana

Steph, I hate this pressure cooker. I prefer using the Tegal c4m or the instant pot. They’re much much better than this one.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your comment, Steph. We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had. with the multi cooker, as we can imagine that this might have been upsetting for you. Please reach out to our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Jude Pachamuthu

I had this issue twice. Once it opened after cooling down. At another time I had to reheat, then release the steam and it opened. Then 1 day it stopped working and there cooker will not start (there no power). I had it replaced by Harvey Norman with another model HD2237/72 (the 8L version) at no extra charge as it was under extended warranty. I heard this model was discontinued.

Judith M.asked

I have the same problem as Steve H and Jude on the HD2237. After working well for about 5 uses (since purchasing) I now cannot get the lid to ‘click’ on without having to press down very hard all around. I can hear air go out when I press down, but it had to be very hard pressing. It is very disappointing. Checking the Troubleshooting, the sealing ring seems to be well assembled around the inside of the lid, and as far as I can see, the floater is not blocking the locking pin. Could someone please help? (using words for Dummies type explanation?) Many thanks in anticipation.

Susana

I have the Philips 2145/72. What customer support told me was to tap the sides of the pressure cooker to release the last bit of pressure. It's like in the old days when you tap the TV to make it work. Lol. I've been doing it while turning the knob to the open position since then. It works but it shouldn't be like this.

Judith M.

Thank you Susana - I’ll try anything! You say to ‘to tap the sides of the pressure cooker to release the last bit of pressure’. If I am trying to get the lid to click on, to start pressure cooking, I don’t yet have any pressure to release? Is your suggestion a way of getting the lid to release, if stuck, after cooking perhaps?

Hello Judith,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention here. We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue with your pressure cooker and would gladly see how we can help out. Please feel free to reach out to us directly so we can investigate further. You can reach us on 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST or via WhatsApp on +61 435 328 251 from Monday to Sunday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST.

Steve H.
Steve H.asked

Unable to lock the lid on the hd2145, it will heat up but no pressure builds up, the screen just displays the circular loop

Jude Pachamuthu

this happened for us in the PHILIPS - HD2237/72 - ALL-IN-ONE MULTI COOKER. The gasket needed to be changed. Philips was kind enough to provide these for free. Sometimes, we just had to press the lid down firmly and then it will presure cook. Other times we had to recook again then it worked.

For the model you are using, it stopped working completely. Luckily we had an extended warranty with Harvey Norman and they replaced it with the 8L Philips 8L All-in-One Silver Cooker HD2238/72. I think the HD2145 had too issues and discontinued (non verified).

Hi there Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Could you check if the sealing ring is installed properly? It could also help to check if the handle is in the locked position (sign of a closed lock) position. If so, turn the handle counter clockwise to the unlocked position. If that did not help, we would like to invite you to reach out to our product team at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Audrey K.
Audrey K.asked

what is the difference between All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145 and Delux All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/ 72 ?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Audrey, thank you for your question. We believe you are talking about the same model of a Multi-Cooker. Hope this helps! Should you need any assistance in the future, you can reach our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Mark M
Mark Masked

can I bake a whole chicken in my multi cooker on high slow cook setting without additional liquid in the pot?

Hi there Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. We would like to invite you to give us a call regarding this matter. You can do so at 1300 363 391 from Monday - saturdat: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. We hope to hear from you!

alfonso c.
alfonso c.asked

Is it possible to do a pork belly with crispy crackling on this?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us and for being interested in the Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker. You can prepare lots of different dishes with this appliance, but a crisp crackling is not possible as the ingredients will only be cooked with pressure or slow. For more detailed info, we'd like to refer you to our product team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

alfonso c.
alfonso c.asked

How high does the temperature go up? Can you set it over 200C?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Alfonso. Thanks for your question. The maximum temperature of the HD2145/72 is 150 degrees Celsius. Hope this helps. :)

trish.thompson.77
trish.thompson.77asked

We bought this machine back in November and we have terrible trouble with the lid as it keeps locking and won't open. Sometimes the lid is locked but it will tell you it is unlocked and you can't open the lid or use the pressure cooker . As it thinks the lid is unlocked. Last night we used the slower cooker function and then at the end of cooking it took us 30 minutes to get the lid to open. Even though we never locked the lid and it shouldn't of locke for slow cooking. Why would this keep happening?

Hi Trish,

We appreciate the time and effort you took in writing us a review about your All-in-One Multicooker. We are very sorry to hear that you are having trouble using it. It is indeed odd to experience this with your appliance. If you have the time, we kindly ask you to reach out to our product team through these lines: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm) in Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. You may also opt to coordinate with us via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Philips/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/philipscare).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Have a great week!

The Philips Australia Team

Thankyou. I did try to call Phillips but didn't get through to anyone. So we spoke to the lovely staff at the Harvey Nornam where we had bought it from and they told us to bring it in and they will replace it with a new one. So heres hoping we don't have any issues with the new one.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for updating us on this, Trish. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to get a hold of a representative. Please know that due to the current situation, there may be a delay in answering the calls.

marco
marcoasked

hello,
i regularly use my Philips All in one multi. it work very well and i am happy. But just recently.
i noticed that it just turn off while i was steaming. then i thought there was no electricity as the Refrigerator beside where i was cooking it turned off too. but then when i turn on and check the lights there was a electricity.
so i check other outlet and it was working too.
so to continue my steaming. i transferred to another socket then again the Philips All in one multi just turn on a second and off. and the rest of the socket are not working anymore.
so i went out to check my fuse box to turn on it all.
so i tried again and i figure it out that once i use my Philips All in One multi it causes a electricity failure.
can you help me explain with this and what is your advice?

thank you.

Marco

Hi there Marco,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Multi-Cooker with us. We're sorry to hear it seems to be malfunctioning, causing power failure. Surely, this should not be happening, and we'd like to investigate this for you further. Moreover, we recommend refraining from using the appliance for now.

Please feel free to contact our Consumer Care team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They're always happy to help!

davidasked

I tried to use slow cook with time delay, it's not working, then I tried pressure cook with delay, it works well, why? does it mean that time delay only can work on pressure cook? but the manual says, only not available with sear and reheat.

Philips S.Philips

Hi again David, thanks for your question. The time delay should indeed work with the slow cook mode selected. If this isn't the case on your model we advise you to reach out to our product team for further assistance. You can reach them on 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST for Australia. We hope this information helps you!

david

got a refund, then bought a 2237!
update: owned a 2237 nearly 2 month, very nice pot, very happy, very good design and quality.

Hi there, David.

We're glad to hear that you were able to exchange your product and that you're happy with the results.
Feel free to reach out to us whenever you've got a product related question. Our product team can be reached directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

davidasked

when I choose sauce thickening, and leave the lid open, I can hear click from lid every 10 seconds once, is it normal?

Philips S.Philips

Hi David, thanks for sharing this here. That sounds a bit odd, and w advise you to reach out to our product team for further assistance. You can reach them on 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST for Australia. We hope this information helps you!

Jolene L.asked

Hi, can I release the pressure manually?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Jolene. Thank you for your question. When the All-in-One cooker reaches the cooking pressure, the pressure keeping time starts to count down. When the pressure keeping time has elapsed, The All-in-One cooker steps into the release-stage, you can tap the pressure release button to quickly release the pressure, or wait until the cooker cools down naturally. We hope this information was helpful, but do let know if there is anything else you would like to know about your Multi-cooker.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Jolene L.

Can I ask where is the pressure release button located? The auto release takes a long time to finish the process..

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jolene. You could find more information about the pressure release button through this link: https://philips.to/2tf02N1. Alternatively, feel free to reach out to our product team. You could contact them with the phone number: 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope this helps you!

SKh
SKhasked

First the pot could not pressure up. Tried 3 times and still it did not worked. Then I turn off the power switch and restarted it and it finally it worked. Cooked alright for the 30 minutes beef programme and de-pressured to zero. Was all ready to have a feast when the lock does not turn/unlock. Tried all ways it still would not bulge. That’s my Christmas Eve dinner and today is Christmas Day already and cooker’s lid remains locked with yesterday’s dinner in it. It is so frustrating as this is a new replacement set (1st time using) for my 1st set which does not work properly within 1st week of purchase. How can such unreliable product be placed in the market!

Philips S.Philips

Hello there. Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry to hear that your All-in-one Multi-cooker has issues with pressuring up. Furthermore, it's a pity to read that your appliance was not able to unlock. We can only imagine how inconvenient this situation must be. Please contact our customer service for assistance. For Australia via 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. For New Zealand 0800 658 224 from Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm. We hope that we can do something for you.

Jodi H.
Jodi H.asked

The specifications on your website for this model under Multi cook state "Saute/Sear, Slow cook (low/high), Pot roast, Stew, Bake, Yoghurt". Recipes by Philips for other cookers say to select the 'stew' function but on this cooker there is no 'stew' function. What setting should I use when recipes state 'stew' for 30 minutes?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jodi, thank you for your question. The All-In-One Cooker indeed doesn't have a stew function. Instead you can use the slow cook function. We hope this is helpfull. Please feel free to contact us on AU: 1300 363 391 or NZ: 0800 658 224, if you have any other questions.

Crutus C.
Crutus C.asked

The lid unlocked light is not going away even though I closed it. I can't cook anything now. Pls help?

itsjethro
itsjethro

Take it back for a refund. This model should be withdrawn from sale. They are not fit for purpose and in a nutshell can be summed up with that word for excrement starting with S.
Took mine back with the same issue and came home with a Breville. It actually does what's advertised !

Hi there, Crutus.

To be honest, this is something that indeed might be indicative of a fault. Thus we would like to invite you to contact us to discuss this matter further. Our suggestion would be to contact us either by phone or through social media. The numbers are as follows: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Mike C.asked

Does the HD 2145/72 have ceramic bowl

Trev and Kerry M
Trev and Kerry M

Mike, the bowl is teflon bowl. 6kgs. Real good.

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Mike. Thanks for reaching out to us. The HD2145/72 has a non-stick teflon bowl. Let us know if you have any further questions. You can also always reach out to us at 1300 363 391, on Facebook, or Twitter (@PhilipsCare).

Mike C.

Thank you for your advice. Problem has been resolved as I found another of your products that has a ceramic bowl which I have purchased.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Other Pressure Cookers