Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72

• Rice Cooking
Peter81
Peter81AU

Lid jams after cooking

Had similar problems to other users in that after cooking, the lid gets stuck and it is almost is impossible to rotate the locking dial on the lid to the unlock position. It seems to have a vacuum even though it wasn’t on pressure cooker function ( was using on slow cooker high setting). Managed to get it open eventually with brute force. Definitely not reliable in it's operation. Could not recommend.

NicT
NicTSydney, NSW

12 months before lid stuck. Now unusable and in the bin. Awful quality.

Had this cooker for 12 months when the lid completely jammed. Tried for hours to get it open and now it won't close properly again. Also, had a previous issue where the pressure valve fell out when the cooker was being cleaned and got lost and had to be replaced. When it works, the cooker is pretty good. The build quality is truly awful though. Wish I'd checked the reviews before purchase, as the lid issue is extremely common.

Purchased in December 2018 for $350.00.

Product is used Monthly

Other Multi Cookers

Chris P.

Worst used it twice lid got stuck.

Used this for the second time, lid stuck while family was there with a half cooked silverside. I had to open it with a screwdriver to feed the family. Taking this back for refund.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Chris P.

Thanks so much, Harvey Norman Hobart have got the unit they returned it for us. Thanks for the follow up.

Multi Cookers

Find out how Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72 compares to other Multi Cookers

Present from my son

The cooker looks great. Cost $349. It is difficult to work out how to use, but for anyone with two degrees should be able to manage it.

When we finally got to work out how to use the cooker it Flashes E10 error. So never got to use the cooker. Since my son purchased it from good guys he did not keep his reciept so money gone.

It looks great. It would be better if it worked.

Steven
Hallett Cove

Purchased at Movie Guys / Game Guys for $349.00.

JasonPerth, WA

Biggest piece of junk I have owned

I brought this cooker and from day one the slow cooker feature was very average to say the least . I had better results with $49 slow cookers from k mart , however the pressure cooker function worked very well for a short period of time . Then I had problems with getting the lid to open and tonight I had to waste $50 worth of meat because the unit wouldn’t build up pressure . It is out of warranty but I can honestly say it wouldn’t have been used more than 20 times since I brought it ... Last Philips appliance I will ever buy .... do your self a favour and stay away ...

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $349.00.

Philips S.Philips

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Eli
Eli asked

I had issues with the locking mechanism. Phillips replace the cover where the rubber ring is now sealed permanently onto the cover and I can’t take out the rubber ring to wash. They say this is an upgraded version. Am puzzled as to how can an upgraded version compromise hygiene ?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Eli, thank you for sharing your concern. We understand that hygiene is of utmost necessity when it comes to cooking. Here's a video that provides a step-by-step guide on how to clean the cover and rubber ring of your Multi Cooker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adrz8FUvNc8 - We hope this helps! Should you have any other questions, feel free to reach our colleagues directly at 1300 998 851 (Australia) or 0800 836 761 (New Zealand), from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team

cornish1
cornish1

Hi
I have had the same problem. I am also concerned at how to clean this new version lid too.
Philips representatives: Please note this video link you attached is for the old version lid to clean. The new version does NOT allow for the gasket seal to be removed. It is actually riveted to the metal work. Pks advise. Thx

Ivy L
Ivy L

Hi, I've recently bought the same model as yours and I am having problem locking the lid. Any of you experience the same thing? Thanks

Corinne
Corinneasked

Hello, added a pork shoulder to the Philips pressure cooker today on the high slow cook setting but didn’t lock the lid till a few hours later. I didn’t open it or feel the sides but it would still have been safely cooking during the time before I locked the lid, right?

Jude Pachamuthu
Jude Pachamuthu

Not sure but I guess it would be

Hello, Corinne

Thank you for reaching out to us here. We're here to help out! It is important that that the lid is closed at all times when preparing food in the pressure cooker. Have you checked to see if the sealing ring is properly attached? You can determine this by checking if the floater is up or down. If the floater is down, please check the seal ring and reassemble it properly. The seal ring needs to be attached to the lower part of the floater from the inside of the lid. Also make sure that the lever is in the unlock position. Thereafter, close the lid and then lock the lever.
We hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to further assist you with your query via phone or WhatsApp. If you're in New Zealand you can call us on 0800 658 224 Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or WhatsApp us on +61 435328251 (add number in your WhatsApp contacts) from Monday to Saturday: 09:00am – 09:00pm (chat only). If you're in Australia: 1300 363 391 Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST and Whatsapp is +61 435328251 Monday to Saturday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST (chat only).
Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hungry
Hungryasked

I have the HD2145 all in one cooker and today it showed the error code E10 on the screen. There is no information in the manual to indicate what the fault may be so I called your team (advertised opening hours 7am to 7pm). I called at 2pm Western Australian time to get a message that it is closed. Very disappointed with this as is it is now the day before Good Friday so I assume that the earliest I am going to be able to get a response is next Tuesday. So I am without my main cooking source over the long weekend.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear that your All-In-One Multi-Cooker is showing the E10 error code and that you could not get a hold of our colleagues via phone. We can imagine that not being able to use your device is far from ideal. We kindly recommend you to contact our colleagues (again) at 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST) or to send them a message via WhatsApp +61 435 328 251 (Monday to Sunday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST), so they can see how they can be of assistance. We hope that the issue will soon be resolved. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers