Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72

Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72 (page 2 of 2)

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

As the weather becomes colder, a lot of us look forward to hearty home-cooked meals to warm us up. Luckily, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over, thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Pressurising Speed

2hrs to cook 20min soup from book

Tried to cook the soup out the book it comes with took 1hr to come up to pressure and then 40min to de pressure so we could eat it. Also tried to cook rice had to put it on 3 times to get it cooked as you can't change the time on it. Will be taking it back and getting something else.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Features / Functions
Slow Cooking
Brian R

Brian RGippsland, VIC

Should have been tipped off by the brand name "Philips".

Absolutely the worst appliance we have ever bought. The seal is almost impossible to fit, which is something you need to do every time you use the appliance. And no I am not a numbty ... I can assemble IKEA furniture, and disassemble and reassemble complex mechanical devices... you would have to have rocks in your head to buy this appliance. Total waste of nee $300.

Unreliable

Have only used the pressure cooker twice and both times it would not build up any pressure.

Luckily I was able to still cook risotto when I used the pressure cooker for the first time. It just took much longer than it should.

Tonight I went to cook Barbacoa Beef and it was a disaster. Money now down the drain and no dinner.

Also, the first time I went to use it, I could not lock the lid. After a bit of research, I found that the seal had not been fitted properly and so I found out how to fit it via a YouTube video.

Will look to return it back to Harvey Norman as it is essentially useless. Cannot believe that a unit worth almost $300 does not work and has so many other bad reviews.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Philips Deluxe All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2145/72 compares to other Slow Cookers

Joe

JoeMelbourne

Love this!!

Lety B.

Lety B.Sydney, NSW

We cannot open the pressure cooker to get the food

We have been using it for 3 months by now and almost always we had problems trying to opening it. In around 10 different occasions the cooker didn't unlock and we needed to switch it on and use the "add ingredient" button in order to open it.

Just now it's happening again but this time there is no way to open it. We have some food inside and we are trying to open it SINCE YESTERDAY NIGHT. The food will be rotten by the moment we can manage to open it (if we are able to do it).

We will try to take it to the technical service today, but the food is going to be rotten.

Could be 5 stars but...

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Totally not user-friendly

Siew Kian C

Siew Kian CAU

Worst machine ever!

"Pressure up" never end! Wasting my time and food to retest again and again! Not counted yet I got hurt when forced to cancel, disassemble and reassemble the lid because of the never end "pressure up"! Also petrol to go and return to Bing Lee who refuse to make cash refund! This is the unit I got replaced for my first unit HD2178/72 got error E4 after 9 months used. I feel no confident with the machine but Bing Lee refuse to refund but only agree to replace it. Stuck here!!

Philips S.Philips

These should be recalled!

MGG

MGGmelbourne

This product is a waste of time and money

I purchased this machine in January. I persevered in using it as having not used a pressure or slow cooker before I thought it was only a matter of getting used to the machine. However, no matter what I make, or what setting is used, nothing has produced a satisfactory result. Spare ribs pressure cooked as per the recipe book were stringy as was corned beef. Slow cooking resulted in uncooked vegetables and tough meat. After another failure tonight it has now been assigned to the rubbish bin.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
wolfrag3

wolfrag3Melbourne

One Cooker to Rule Them All

EllenM

EllenMBrisbane

Fast, silent and safe cooking.

Dirty SanchezSydney, NSW

This product is crap. Do not buy

This is the 2nd one I have had in a couple of months and neither of them ever pressurised. I have wasted hundreds of dollars in food not to mention my time. Stay away from this crap. This deserves a zero star rating but you can't always get want you want can you, like a working pressure cooker from Philips. I also can see that Philips reply to all negative comments with standard replies that come from a pre written and approved list of crap replies. Well how about Philips pay me compensation for my out of pocket expenses??? What do you think about that Philips. Never again you have lost me for ever and everyone I speak to.

Dirty Sanchez

Another pre written and approved list of crap replies. Thanks for nothing Philips. I have returned the crap Philips item and have my money back now.

Ahmad Amin

Ahmad AminSingapore

Can't pressurise

Robbo

RobboWinchelsea

This is a replacement model and we're not happy

Our first all in one cooker not even 12 months old wouldn't build any pressure so we had a store warranty that allowed us to get a new one so we chose this upgrade but this one won't allow the quick pressure release and to be honest the natural pressure release takes add long as some of the settings very disappointing and it WILL be going back

SkewPerth, WA

Problem with pressure and display

Nice looking unit

Problems on pressure cooking settings 1) takes at least 20 mins to start the countdown timer on the pressure settings AND 2) pressure display stays at 0 despite timer counting down so you have no idea if it’s reached the pressure in the preset

I called the philips hotline and they said to wait 30 mins for pressure to build and time to start - seems long. Not sure why the pressure display doesn’t show the pressure that has been set though !

Very frustrating

Skew

Thanks the Phillips team were prompt and helpful. Advised to return the unit. Thanks

Philips S.Philips

We are glad to know that you were helped out immediately. Please feel free to reach out to us whenever you have a question in the future. Have a nice day!

evilselenaKallangur

Pressure issue

This is my second unit that I will be returning. It won't build any pressure, very disappointed. Rang Philips with the first unit Philips wouldn't help because I bought it from TVSN an not a store. No sense ringing them with this one. Have to try another brand, pity I like Philips.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Philips S.Philips

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced.  We’ll send you a private message for your contact details. We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

K Will

K WillBrisbane

Technical Issues - Not recommended

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jazzman

JazzmanAU

Cooking in a fraction of the time with a flavour boost.

I love this new model, it's very easy to use and understand.
So far it has cooked everything pretty good.
It does cook much quicker than a slow cooker and achieves the same results.
Cooks up to 70KPa. The auto functions seem just right.
The only criticism I have isn't with the appliance, it would be with the cookbook.
I would have like instructions on the simple things like pasta, rice, steak, fries, baked potato as examples. There are hints at how you cook rice (using the marks on the bowl) in the book, I just wish the instructions were clearer.
I must admit, the recipes are probably not ones I'll try but they do a good job showing the many ways this unit can be used.

Date PurchasedMay 2018