Philips VoiceTracer Audio Recorder DVT2510

3.0 from 1 review · View Statistics

3.0

1 review

Rob SMelbourne

DVT2510 Digital Recorder - Easy to use, but...

Annasked

How can I adjust the playback volume?

Philips
Philips S.Philips

Thanks your question here, Ann. We recommend reaching out to our colleagues directly with these phone numbers: +61 2 9411 4436 (AU) or 0800 342 828 from Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (NZ). They specialize in this department, and can assist you properly.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Rob S

The answer is you can't unless a volume option appears when you plug in headphones. (not something I've done).

The intent as I see it is that the user sets the ideal microphone sensitivity upfront for the recording environment the unit is in and then when it plays back it is at a "good" volume. Otherwise, connect the unit via USB and play the files through the computer adjusting the volume to suit, or you connect the unit via the headphone outlet into a computer or other amplification set up and control the volume there (also something I've not done).

Another potentially annoying thing I've found since living with this recorded for a couple of years now, is that you can park mp3 files on the unit but they are not accessible to be played. The operating system only allows you to navigate to the files it itself has created.

Ann

Thanks for your response, Rob.
I have earphones that will plug into it but no volume option appears. The earphones have a volume adjustment on them, which works with my mobile, but it doesn't affect the volume coming from the recorder. It's very annoying!

Gian W.

Gian W.asked

Has it got a external microphone jack?

Philips
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Gian. Thanks for your question. Unfortunately the Philips DVT2510 isn't equipped with an external microphone jack. We do offer a few that have this option, and you can find them here: https://www.dictation.philips.com/au/products/audio-video-recorders/. Hopefully this helps. :)

Kinds regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

• MPN: DVT2510