Philips EasySpeed Steam

Philips EasySpeed Steam

GC2046/20, GC2040/70, GC2048/30, etc...

cvanzal

cvanzalSydney, NSW

Very pleased

Works perfectly. I mostly iron cotton, sometimes lighter fabrics. It slides over any fabric with ease and isn't heavy on the wrist. The iron is easy to use, heats up rapidly. It uses quite a lot of water because I have the steam button on high. I fill it up before every ironing session. Very easy to fill up and there's no leaks. I haven't cleaned it yet so I don't know how easy this iron is to look after.

Purchased in May 2019 at Target Australia.

Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Elke Holmes

Elke HolmesCentral West, NSW

Couldn't ask for better

Had this iron for a while. Is the best iron I have owned. Easy yo fill with water, glides over clothes. Light weight so less stress on your arm. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2018 for $150.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics
Rez

RezSydney, NSW

It is ok

It does take a while to iron cotton clothes with it ans sometime it can not even remove the crinkles properly which is really disappointing from a brand like philips.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Online Store for $49.00.

Clothing Material Cotton

Steward

StewardSydney, NSW

Good and Light weight

This iron is light weight and performance is good. But I have observed that after some time it starts sticking on delicate cloth. Will recommend not to use steam option more often.

Purchased in January 2018 for $49.00.

Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

Laurie

LaurieSouth Morang

Good!

Have had this for 12 months now, works well. Have had no leaks or problems with it, despite dropping it once or twice. It gets all of our clothes flat.

Purchased in April 2018.

Philips S.Philips

That's great to hear, Laurie! We're glad that the device is still working properly. We wouldn't recommend dropping it, though. ;-) Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.

Duong Tran

Duong Tran

This is good

It works really well with different types of fabric, such as woollen, silk and cotton
Yes, it's very smooth and easy to use
I usually use that function to keep my clothes wet when I am flattening them.

Purchased in May 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $30.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton

Josh M

Josh MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Iron. Works without issue.

Good Iron. Works without issue. Heats quickly and well. Heat setting is graded and easy to use. spray and filling with water is easy. Haven't had any problems with wear or faults.

Purchased in March 2017.

BoardgamerSouth West, WA

Good until it stopped working properly

I bought this inexpensive iron in February this year because I had 2 frozen shoulders and it was the lightest iron I could find. It ironed well even without steam but now doesn't seem to be heating up properly. I will be taking it back to the store. Fortunately I no longer have frozen shoulders and can go back to my sunbeam iron

Boardgamer

Have now received a replacement from the Good Guys where I bought it. Hopefully this one will last longer. haven't used it yet but will comment again when I have

Philips S.Philips

Good iron but short cord

This iron maintains its heat and has worked well on different settings. I’m keen to see how effective the calc clean function works.
My only complaint is that the cord is considerably shorter than our last Philips iron. We have had to add an extension cord just to have enough length to move comfortably along the ironing board.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Caitlin

CaitlinMONTROSE

You need this iron!

For some reason works much better than my old iron for getting those patches on tight. Works better than my old iron that I paid twice as much for. I miss the retractable cord of my old iron but I just roll the cord up and tuck it into the handle so it's not hanging down. The swivel cord makes it easy to keep the cord out of the way without repositioning the iron while in use. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Jerrie

JerriePort Adelaide, SA

Dose ok job on cloths

Just moved out from parents and had to buy an iron for myself to do for job interviews. I almost burnt myself as it heats up soon as it's turned on so there needs to be a warrning on the box or iron. The steam is at best ok and dosent help that much

NoahPr

NoahPrCoomba Bay

Works perfectly.

It's easy to use, glides well, and steams adequately. I like the multi-dimensional cord attachment a lot. The only improvement I might suggest is a retractable cord, but only if the mechanism didn't add weight and size to the whole iron.That's exactly what I expected. Easily Useable and Flexible,Works perfectly.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Eddie J

Eddie JSydney, NSW

perfect

WOW this Iron exceeded all my expectations . heats very fast does not stick, and very light to be used. not huge in size and can be stored easily anywhere. make sure you place some vinegar with the water and run it till empty from time to time to avoid blockage

nburgess

nburgess

Decent

This worked great with almost everything, although sometimes i had to focus on certain areas for longer periods of time which is quite common! Have not tried extremely delicate clothing but on everyday cotton tee shirt there were no issues, overall you get what you pay for and definitely recommend :)

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for the positive review. We are happy to know that you like your EasySpeed Steam iron. You can use the iron on delicate clothes, as long as the temperature is on a low setting. :)

Savage

SavageVictoria, Australia

Perfect iron

I foolishly bought a cheaper brand than this and it was a waste of money. For one thing, it was too light weight so had to press down much harder. This iron has good weight in it, though that may be an issue for older people? It has had a lot of use with me and never let me down.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
TTT

TTTPerth

Makes ironing actually enjoyable

This iron is amazing, its made me actually enjoy ironing as its so easy to use. It is so good at getting wrinkles out and is such a 'smooth' glide. I don't find it to big or bulky.I have actually enjoyed ironing with this and am no longer leaving a huge ironing pile for weeks as its quick to heat up, and irons so quickly..... it's actually fun.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Philips S.Philips

Ironing is enjoyable! Wow! That's about the best compliment we can get. ;) Thanks a lot. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with alright?

The Philips Australia team

Mel

MelSydney

Love the Easy Steam, makes my ironing really easy

I love my new Easy Steam, the steam is very consistent, and made my iron glide over the wrinkles on my clothes and makes the iron very enjoyable to use. I love how it feels so light in my hands and very ergonomically made, it is gentle on clothes and I always make sure that I have the correct temperature suitable for the type of clothes that I iron.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Ruby Ling

Ruby LingPerth

Very happy with my easyspeed iron

Got this two months ago as I was always borrowing mums but now I am very pleased to own the Phillips Easy speed as its very easy to use just fill up with water plug in and iron away your cloths rinkels. Just be warrned they should have said this on the box but unlike mums old iron this gets hot in seconds all most burnt myself.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

janine

janineSydney

Works well for me

I am happy with the iron and I do most of the ironing at home, it glides on the fabrics and the steam makes everything wrinkle free fast. My husband, on the other hand, does not like the iron and says that it is not heavy enough for him, I like the iron it is light and easy to use.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Philips S.Philips

Thanks for the review, Janine. Glad to hear you like the EasySpeed it's mobility and quick edge! We're sure your husband will get used to it as well eventually.

Paul Line

Paul LineTasmainia

Simple and Effective

Love the iron as it looks simple and the size is just fit to control. It’s easy to handle and use, the temperature is perfect as there’s a temperature control function, it can be able to iron different variety of clothes, it heats up quick and the price is resonable. (I bought it at half price)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Carmenasked

I have just purchased this Iron mainly to use with no steam (dry). Do I need to fill the tank with water when set on 0 to iron without steam?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there Carmen, thank you for your question. When you want to use your appliance for dry ironing, it is still important to fill the water tank with water. In that case, you need to set the steam control to the 'Dry Ironing' position, as to avoid ironing with steam. Please note that our appliance has been designed to be used with tap water. If you live in an area with very hard water, fast scale build-up may occur. In this case, it is recommended to mix 50% distilled water and 50% tap water to prolong the lifetime of your appliance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter (@Philipscare), or via phone on 1300 363 391. We'd be happy to assist!

Carmen

Thanks so much for your reply.

Mick Lasked

Hi. I purchased a GC2145/29 iron 3 mths ago. This morning, whilst emptying the water from the tank, a small white nylon disc fell out. It is 16mm dia and has several small holes in it. Can you show (preferred) or explain where this small part belongs so I can put it back in the iron. Everything else about the iron is great. Thank you, Mick L

Hi there Mick,
Thank you for reaching out to us. It's quite unfortunate that a part of your iron has fallen out.
In this case, we recommend reaching out to our Consumer Care team directly on 1300 363 391(Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), as they will be able to provide you with immediate assistance.
Alternatively, feel free to reach out to us via Facebook, or Twitter (@Philipscare). Our colleagues on there would be happy to assist.

Hi.
I rang the number provided and spoke to a service person.
It would be much nicer to have an AUSTRALIAN person answer the call, not have it sent off shore!!!!!!!!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your feedback, Mick - we appreciate it, and hope that you were able to receive the required help from our colleagues.

Graham T.asked

Where can I get a set of instructions that came with the iron?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Graham, you will find the user manual of the EasySpeed Steam here: https://philips.to/2TCaOZK. We hope this answers your question. :-)

Graham T.

Many thanks. Regards G.T.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives