Philips EasySpeed Steam GC2040/70

Philips EasySpeed Steam GC2040/70

NoahPr

NoahPrCoomba Bay

Works perfectly.

It's easy to use, glides well, and steams adequately. I like the multi-dimensional cord attachment a lot. The only improvement I might suggest is a retractable cord, but only if the mechanism didn't add weight and size to the whole iron.That's exactly what I expected. Easily Useable and Flexible,Works perfectly.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Ruby Ling

Ruby LingPerth

Very happy with my easyspeed iron

Got this two months ago as I was always borrowing mums but now I am very pleased to own the Phillips Easy speed as its very easy to use just fill up with water plug in and iron away your cloths rinkels. Just be warrned they should have said this on the box but unlike mums old iron this gets hot in seconds all most burnt myself.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Clash77

Clash77Melbourne

Good family iron - work nicely

This is a good, well designed iron. I would expect just that sort of thing from Phillips. It is modern looking, heats up quickly and feels good in the hand. Most Importantly, it irons like a little champion with good strong steam that can run continuously if you need. No issues "its all good" as they say. Recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Da1sy

Da1syMentone

Great Family Iron

These days there are some days we ALL need to irtin in the morning and so the whole family take turns with this. - It does good "duty" and never lets us down. Its a traditional iron but very nicely made with a modern touch. Lots of steam power and very pleasant to use.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Anju

AnjuSydney, NSW

Good.

This iron is very good easier to use and not heavy. There is temperature control functions which is also easy to use by anyone. My mother could use this without any hassle, and this iron is safe reliable heats quick . Also does not smell. I recommend to buy and use this and uses less power too.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

CHW

CHWLysterfield

It's not hot enough!

This iron unfortunately doesn’t live up to the Phillips name.. it takes forever to heat up and even then, it’s still not hot enough to iron even the most basic of items. You can forget even attempting to iron linen as those creases won’t budge. Disappointing to say the least I’m off to but a cheap Kmart iron I think

Wiser now

Wiser nowCanberra

Stopped working after 3 months

The iron worked well enough, and then it suddenly stopped heating up. The features all worked suitably and it had heated up quite quickly. We took it back to Myers who refunded the money without fuss. Rather than risking more disappointment we decided to buy a Braun which will hopefully be more reliable.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Sandy75

Sandy75Melbourne

Reliable Well Made Iron

I am completely happy with this iron and have no idea why it doesn't get more stars. It heats well, it seems very temperature stable. it doesn't leak the cord length is OK - actually a little more cord would be good but no big deal. It is well constructed and come with a good guarantee. Good iron!

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Sandy. Thank you for sharing! We're glad to hear this is the perfect iron for you. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

deb

debadelaide

great at doing its job

It heats up well it is very useful because when you are using it you don't struggle its probably the easiest iron that i have bout i just love it. it heats up quickly it is very good on steam its not heavy i love everything about it i would recommend it to others

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Philips S.Philips

Wow, Deb. What a great review. We're very happy to hear the GC2040/70 is the perfect iron for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Sunil kumar  Tiwari

Sunil kumar TiwariHomebush

A perfect iron for small family.

A perfect iron for small family. Easy to handle. It heats up quickly. The temperature control is accurate. There are many features that is included under stream functionality. You can controll it automatically as well as manually. This is iron safe and we can it is a reliable iron in market.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

holtf

holtfLaunceston

This is perfect

The iron heats up perfectly, it keeps the heat well and when you iron your clothes the turn out straight and stay straight and ironed for days. Its the best iron I have purchased so far, the only issue I have found with this is that it over heats a bit sometimes and is hard to cool down but I believe this is reliable and affordable product and Is a great buy.

Philips S.Philips

Wow Soph! :) Thanks for the nice feedback. Enjoy it! And don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

Vinay

VinayMelbourne

Excellent and Easy to use.

It is small but powerful. We love it as it works absolutely smoothly. Every things irons well including cotton, all type of clothes and steam makes it super easy. It is small but powerful. We love it all type of clothes and steam makes it super easy amazing indeed amazing.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Vinay. Thanks for the love. We wish you a nice day!

Kmg

Kmg

An absolutely fantastic iron

I love this iron. I must admit the cord is very short but, hey, who hasn't got an extension cord? It glides over the clothes and is light and easy to use AND it doesn't drip water over my clothing which a lot of them do. Fantastic value for money

Philips S.Philips

We're very glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :) We hope you can use the product for years to come.

abc2

abc2AU

Not good....!

I have had this iron for 1 week, and three things make me need to replace it already.

Firstly I noticed that the cord is way too short. It's not practical to have the ironing board on top of the power point! So I need to use an extension cable.

And just as well... because, secondly, the iron keeps tripping the electrical in the house! Luckily the extension cable absorbs that, and I 'just' need to press the black button of the extension in to reset, rather than go outside to the distribution board.

Lastly, I need to go over the same spot at least 3 times for the crease to go. Not good Phillips, especially as my last Phillips iron was outstanding and lasted 7 yrs.

Philips S.Philips

Hello, we're sorry to hear that the product didn't meet up to your expectations. That's not supposed to happen and especially after 1 week. If you are in Australia please call us on 1300 363 391. We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Waste Of Money

I bought this iron 1 week ago after the death of my steam station iron (made by Phillips). As I am not in the financial position
to buy another steam station iron, I had to purchase this model.
Unfortunately I have to go over clothes at least 2-3 times so it looks ironed.
I didn't expect it to be as good as steam station iron but thought it would still do a good job.
As I have only had my previous iron for 2 years I was hoping it would have lasted longer than it did.
I have always bought Phillips brand electrical, but feel now that their quality is slipping.

CD2327

CD2327Melbourne

Philips Easy Speed Plus review GC2040/70

See all Philips EasySpeed Steam reviews

Mike v

Mike vasked

What are the dimensions of the GC2040? Thanks.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mike. Thanks for contacting us! We'd like you to click on the following link: https://bit.ly/2KhLxyx. You can find all the detailed specifications of the Philips EasySpeed Steam on its product page. We hope this has been helpful to you. Let us know if you have any additional questions for us.

Gbdeb666

Gbdeb666asked

Has anone had a problem with this iron in that it is spitting out a nasty brown coloured liquid from the steam holes?
I'm not happy it's put marks on quite a few of my white and laundered items !
I've never seen anything like this before it's almost like it's gone rusty inside and when the water mixes with whatever it is hence the dark brown colour that's messing up my clothes !
To top it all I've only had it about 2 months after replacing one that kept tripping my electric( admittedly that one was not a Phillips)
They don't make them like they used to !!!!

Philips S.Philips

Hello, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Can you contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com along with your contact details, we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Tasiturn
Tasiturn

I'd suspect it's a problem with the water where you live. It might even have been just a one-off whilst the council was flushing the pipes. Assuming it's probably rust and there's liquids that MIGHT dissolve it, you're most sensible option is still to throw the old iron away and only use distilled water in the iron for future unless you're sure that your Council water supply is 100% OK. If Phillips is offering to help, that's great because, in the very unlikely event that it was a fault in the manufacture, they may want to do a more forensic examination of the actual faulty unit.

Anitha
Anitha

I am facing same problem. Is there a solution?

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual