Philips EasySpeed Steam GC2048/30

Philips EasySpeed Steam GC2048/30

• Incentivised Review Yes (33%) · No (67%)
  • Product is used:
    • Daily (2)
  • Safety

Elke Holmes

Elke HolmesCentral West, NSW

Couldn't ask for better

Had this iron for a while. Is the best iron I have owned. Easy yo fill with water, glides over clothes. Light weight so less stress on your arm. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2018 for $150.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Rez

RezSydney, NSW

It is ok

It does take a while to iron cotton clothes with it ans sometime it can not even remove the crinkles properly which is really disappointing from a brand like philips.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Online Store for $49.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton

Josh M

Josh MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Iron. Works without issue.

Good Iron. Works without issue. Heats quickly and well. Heat setting is graded and easy to use. spray and filling with water is easy. Haven't had any problems with wear or faults.

Purchased in March 2017.

Dissappointed

Dissappointed

Great iron

This is the second Phillips we have owned over many years. This model steams very well and does a great job on all fabrics. I like the shot of steam to fix the creases I accidentally make while ironing difficult cloths. It changes temperature quickly as I iron different cloths.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Philips S.Philips

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We're glad to hear the EasySpeed Steam iron is the perfect iron for you. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Natasha

NatashaPerth

Love it! its great

I was really impressed with this iron, it is so easy to use and I have had no issues with it. I love that I can just use normal tap water with it and not have to buy any special liquids from the supermarket. It is so easy to use and a great size, not to big, not to small

Date PurchasedApr 2018

muzzi

muzzisydney

very good steam function

the iron heats up very quickly. very good on the go. the steam function is amazing and the iron is not too heavy. i would recommend all my friends to buy this product. i also find the design attractive, modern and pleasant. Philips is a desirable brand and that is why I have been using their products for so long,

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kitkit

KitkitPerth

Not bad - got it on special

A relatively decent iron with a good value. I have been using it since last year christmas and so far so good!
It heats up fairly quickly and does what it supposed to do - Phillips has always been a reliable brand to myself and my family. As long as its safe and does the job - I am happy with it! :)

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cord is too short

The cord is only 30cm longer than my ironing board, so keeps pulling out of the wall socket during ironing. It's brand new but unusable and I have to return it. There is no mention of the length of the cord on the box, so I was completely unaware.

This iron may be OK if you have one of those tiny ironing boards or an ironing mat and your socket is at the same level as the ironing board. The only place I can iron has a socket near the floor, so it's unmanageable. I have to return it.

I've only used it for one ironing session so am unaware of long-term performance. It does seem to leak water when turned up onto high steam, then the heat turned down and up again, but I need an iron that can handle a little bit of variation.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Disappointed

Bought the Philips Easyspeed steam Iron from Courts.sg at Causeway point. It has an attractive design but that was the only good thing about it. Performance wise it failed:(
At times...after switching it 'on' the iron just remained "cold".
And after filling it with water and switching it to the steam mode...it starts to leak badly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
T. Tims

T. TimsSydney

Dangerous!

As experienced by others we too have had almost the entire contents of the water vestibule empty itself out at the point where the cord enters the iron...after only one week and two uses! Water went all over the ironing board and clothes and although I left it to dry out for a day, the iron now drips when I try to use it? I am very concerned about how safe this iron is. Does not seem fit for purpose if you're too scared to put water in it!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

worst iron I've ever used

Bought this iron after our last iron died. This one sounded okay and was priced middle of the road. Can't find anything good to say about it other than it's a pretty purple colour. The cord is way too short in comparison to my last iron. It does a hopeless job of ironing, even when set to linen with steam setting. I used to be able iron a t-shirt on one side and my old iron did a good enough job that I didn't have to iron the opposite side. This iron, not only do I have to iron both sides, but when you switch the t-shirt over to iron the second side, when you are finished the first side looks crap again. Think I'll just throw it out and buy another, different brand, iron.

PhilipsPhilips