Philips EasySpeed Steam

Philips EasySpeed Steam Questions & Answers

GC2046/20, GC2040/70, GC2048/30, etc...

8 questions from our users

Carmenasked

I have just purchased this Iron mainly to use with no steam (dry). Do I need to fill the tank with water when set on 0 to iron without steam?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there Carmen, thank you for your question. When you want to use your appliance for dry ironing, it is still important to fill the water tank with water. In that case, you need to set the steam control to the 'Dry Ironing' position, as to avoid ironing with steam. Please note that our appliance has been designed to be used with tap water. If you live in an area with very hard water, fast scale build-up may occur. In this case, it is recommended to mix 50% distilled water and 50% tap water to prolong the lifetime of your appliance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter (@Philipscare), or via phone on 1300 363 391. We'd be happy to assist!

Carmen

Thanks so much for your reply.

Mick Lasked

Hi. I purchased a GC2145/29 iron 3 mths ago. This morning, whilst emptying the water from the tank, a small white nylon disc fell out. It is 16mm dia and has several small holes in it. Can you show (preferred) or explain where this small part belongs so I can put it back in the iron. Everything else about the iron is great. Thank you, Mick L

Hi there Mick,
Thank you for reaching out to us. It's quite unfortunate that a part of your iron has fallen out.
In this case, we recommend reaching out to our Consumer Care team directly on 1300 363 391(Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), as they will be able to provide you with immediate assistance.
Alternatively, feel free to reach out to us via Facebook, or Twitter (@Philipscare). Our colleagues on there would be happy to assist.

Hi.
I rang the number provided and spoke to a service person.
It would be much nicer to have an AUSTRALIAN person answer the call, not have it sent off shore!!!!!!!!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your feedback, Mick - we appreciate it, and hope that you were able to receive the required help from our colleagues.

Graham T.asked

EasySpeed Steam GC2110/02

Where can I get a set of instructions that came with the iron?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Graham, you will find the user manual of the EasySpeed Steam here: https://philips.to/2TCaOZK. We hope this answers your question. :-)

Graham T.

Many thanks. Regards G.T.

Mike v

Mike vasked

EasySpeed Steam GC2040/70

What are the dimensions of the GC2040? Thanks.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mike. Thanks for contacting us! We'd like you to click on the following link: https://bit.ly/2KhLxyx. You can find all the detailed specifications of the Philips EasySpeed Steam on its product page. We hope this has been helpful to you. Let us know if you have any additional questions for us.

Lynne

Lynneasked

My ironing board is over 20 years old and the rest plate is starting to rust could that cause brown steam from my iron as there is a lot of steam when I put my iron on the rest plate the iron is two months old it is Philips azure performer pluse

Venkatesan

Venkatesanasked

I bought easy speed iron (1800W) yesterday and use it today morning and keep the flat and noticed that the water is leaking through heater plate. Can we use without water? Why it is leaking and can we use it after it dry? Any potential risk?

Philips S.Philips

Hey there, that doesn't sound too good. We kindly advise you to contact our support team at 1300 363 391 and choose option 1. Our team will be happy to help you out.

Riana

Rianaasked

EasySpeed Steam GC2048/30

Does this iron come with a plastic water cup because I didn't get one??

abc2
abc2

Nope!

Gbdeb666

Gbdeb666asked

EasySpeed Steam GC2040/70

Has anone had a problem with this iron in that it is spitting out a nasty brown coloured liquid from the steam holes?
I'm not happy it's put marks on quite a few of my white and laundered items !
I've never seen anything like this before it's almost like it's gone rusty inside and when the water mixes with whatever it is hence the dark brown colour that's messing up my clothes !
To top it all I've only had it about 2 months after replacing one that kept tripping my electric( admittedly that one was not a Phillips)
They don't make them like they used to !!!!

Philips S.Philips

Hello, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Can you contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com along with your contact details, we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Tasiturn
Tasiturn

I'd suspect it's a problem with the water where you live. It might even have been just a one-off whilst the council was flushing the pipes. Assuming it's probably rust and there's liquids that MIGHT dissolve it, you're most sensible option is still to throw the old iron away and only use distilled water in the iron for future unless you're sure that your Council water supply is 100% OK. If Phillips is offering to help, that's great because, in the very unlikely event that it was a fault in the manufacture, they may want to do a more forensic examination of the actual faulty unit.

Anitha
Anitha

I am facing same problem. Is there a solution?

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives