Philips EasySpeed Steam

Philips EasySpeed Steam (page 2 of 4)

GC2046/20, GC2040/70, GC2048/30, etc...

• Product is used:
    • Daily (3)
    • Weekly (2)
    • Occasionally (1)
  • Safety

Paul Line

Paul LineTasmainia

Simple and Effective

Love the iron as it looks simple and the size is just fit to control. It’s easy to handle and use, the temperature is perfect as there’s a temperature control function, it can be able to iron different variety of clothes, it heats up quick and the price is resonable. (I bought it at half price)

JRo

JRoSydney, NSW

Not the best

This iron wasn't what I'd hoped for so I'm glad I got it half price. It never leaves clothes looking immaturely ironed, never seems hot enough and isn't particularly gentle on clothes. My husband's cotton work shorts ended up with white lines through them from the iron. I wouldn't recommend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Dissappointed

Dissappointed

Great iron

This is the second Phillips we have owned over many years. This model steams very well and does a great job on all fabrics. I like the shot of steam to fix the creases I accidentally make while ironing difficult cloths. It changes temperature quickly as I iron different cloths.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Philips S.Philips

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We're glad to hear the EasySpeed Steam iron is the perfect iron for you. :)

Clash77

Clash77Melbourne

Good family iron - work nicely

This is a good, well designed iron. I would expect just that sort of thing from Phillips. It is modern looking, heats up quickly and feels good in the hand. Most Importantly, it irons like a little champion with good strong steam that can run continuously if you need. No issues "its all good" as they say. Recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rebecca

RebeccaGeelong

Cheap an easy to use!

All you need to do is simply fill the water tank, plug in the power and off the way you go to iron the peace of clothing you want to remove creses from your clothing. Can't believe the other reviews here as it dose a super good job on the first time. The only issue I've had is a short lead

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear you find it so easy to use! It has definitely been our goal to make a task like iron just simple and effective. Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Da1sy

Da1syMentone

Great Family Iron

These days there are some days we ALL need to irtin in the morning and so the whole family take turns with this. - It does good "duty" and never lets us down. Its a traditional iron but very nicely made with a modern touch. Lots of steam power and very pleasant to use.

Natasha

NatashaPerth

Love it! its great

I was really impressed with this iron, it is so easy to use and I have had no issues with it. I love that I can just use normal tap water with it and not have to buy any special liquids from the supermarket. It is so easy to use and a great size, not to big, not to small

Anju

AnjuSydney, NSW

Good.

This iron is very good easier to use and not heavy. There is temperature control functions which is also easy to use by anyone. My mother could use this without any hassle, and this iron is safe reliable heats quick . Also does not smell. I recommend to buy and use this and uses less power too.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
CHW

CHWLysterfield

It's not hot enough!

This iron unfortunately doesn’t live up to the Phillips name.. it takes forever to heat up and even then, it’s still not hot enough to iron even the most basic of items. You can forget even attempting to iron linen as those creases won’t budge. Disappointing to say the least I’m off to but a cheap Kmart iron I think

Wiser now

Wiser nowCanberra

Stopped working after 3 months

The iron worked well enough, and then it suddenly stopped heating up. The features all worked suitably and it had heated up quite quickly. We took it back to Myers who refunded the money without fuss. Rather than risking more disappointment we decided to buy a Braun which will hopefully be more reliable.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Sandy75

Sandy75Melbourne

Reliable Well Made Iron

I am completely happy with this iron and have no idea why it doesn't get more stars. It heats well, it seems very temperature stable. it doesn't leak the cord length is OK - actually a little more cord would be good but no big deal. It is well constructed and come with a good guarantee. Good iron!

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Sandy. Thank you for sharing! We're glad to hear this is the perfect iron for you. :)

deb

debadelaide

great at doing its job

It heats up well it is very useful because when you are using it you don't struggle its probably the easiest iron that i have bout i just love it. it heats up quickly it is very good on steam its not heavy i love everything about it i would recommend it to others

Philips S.Philips

Wow, Deb. What a great review. We're very happy to hear the GC2040/70 is the perfect iron for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

muzzi

muzzisydney

very good steam function

the iron heats up very quickly. very good on the go. the steam function is amazing and the iron is not too heavy. i would recommend all my friends to buy this product. i also find the design attractive, modern and pleasant. Philips is a desirable brand and that is why I have been using their products for so long,

Cally

CallyMelbourne

Good Iron Does What It Should

I like this iron it meets my ironing needs well and I use it weekly. It is a vast improvement over the ancient one it replaced and feels like it glides like silk. It reaches its set temperature quite quickly and appears to do a good job of regulating itself. Steam works well and it can do a reasonable shot of steam too. Cord length is fine for me but the powerpoint is well placed in my laundry, I would buy this again if required. It's a good iron.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sunil kumar  Tiwari

Sunil kumar TiwariHomebush

A perfect iron for small family.

A perfect iron for small family. Easy to handle. It heats up quickly. The temperature control is accurate. There are many features that is included under stream functionality. You can controll it automatically as well as manually. This is iron safe and we can it is a reliable iron in market.

Go_Blues

Go_BluesMelbourne

Use It Every Morning

I usually only iron one thing a day and wear it immediately and this iron meets my needs entirely, It heats up quickly, has a good cord length, holds a steady temperature and presses a shirt very easily. I never use steam so I can't comment of that but for basic dry ironing it does a perfect job.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Kitkit

KitkitPerth

Not bad - got it on special

A relatively decent iron with a good value. I have been using it since last year christmas and so far so good!
It heats up fairly quickly and does what it supposed to do - Phillips has always been a reliable brand to myself and my family. As long as its safe and does the job - I am happy with it! :)

holtf

holtfLaunceston

This is perfect

The iron heats up perfectly, it keeps the heat well and when you iron your clothes the turn out straight and stay straight and ironed for days. Its the best iron I have purchased so far, the only issue I have found with this is that it over heats a bit sometimes and is hard to cool down but I believe this is reliable and affordable product and Is a great buy.

Philips S.Philips

Wow Soph! :) Thanks for the nice feedback. Enjoy it! And don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

HiThere

HiThereCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Great iron, no downsides so far

This is a review of the Philips EasySpeed Plus Steam Iron Ceramic Soleplate 100g Boost 2100W GC2042/40. Given the price, this iron is unbeatable value for money. I have been using it since December 2017 and haven't had any concerns.

The iron heats up very quickly. Temperature control is accurately set by the dial knob. The steam is powerful and the iron slides over the clothes smoothly. I use it on a weekly basis to iron business shirts.

So far it is safe and reliable. I would recommend this to anyone.

TA2

TA2Gold Coast

A good iron

A basic safe and reliable iron. Works for me well, does what it supposed to. I would recommend it for anyone. Heats up very quickly and steam option works well. Haven't had any issues with it so far, I don't use it daily but it's good for occasional ironing of shirts, dresses etc.

See all Philips EasySpeed Steam reviews

Carmenasked

I have just purchased this Iron mainly to use with no steam (dry). Do I need to fill the tank with water when set on 0 to iron without steam?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there Carmen, thank you for your question. When you want to use your appliance for dry ironing, it is still important to fill the water tank with water. In that case, you need to set the steam control to the 'Dry Ironing' position, as to avoid ironing with steam. Please note that our appliance has been designed to be used with tap water. If you live in an area with very hard water, fast scale build-up may occur. In this case, it is recommended to mix 50% distilled water and 50% tap water to prolong the lifetime of your appliance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter (@Philipscare), or via phone on 1300 363 391. We'd be happy to assist!

Carmen

Thanks so much for your reply.

Mick Lasked

Hi. I purchased a GC2145/29 iron 3 mths ago. This morning, whilst emptying the water from the tank, a small white nylon disc fell out. It is 16mm dia and has several small holes in it. Can you show (preferred) or explain where this small part belongs so I can put it back in the iron. Everything else about the iron is great. Thank you, Mick L

Hi there Mick,
Thank you for reaching out to us. It's quite unfortunate that a part of your iron has fallen out.
In this case, we recommend reaching out to our Consumer Care team directly on 1300 363 391(Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), as they will be able to provide you with immediate assistance.
Alternatively, feel free to reach out to us via Facebook, or Twitter (@Philipscare). Our colleagues on there would be happy to assist.

Hi.
I rang the number provided and spoke to a service person.
It would be much nicer to have an AUSTRALIAN person answer the call, not have it sent off shore!!!!!!!!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your feedback, Mick - we appreciate it, and hope that you were able to receive the required help from our colleagues.

Graham T.asked

Where can I get a set of instructions that came with the iron?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Graham, you will find the user manual of the EasySpeed Steam here: https://philips.to/2TCaOZK. We hope this answers your question. :-)

Graham T.

Many thanks. Regards G.T.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual