Philips Fidelio B5 HTL9100/79

MPN: PHI-B5

37 questions from our users

milind

milindasked

I have Phillips fidelio B5 connected with sony Bravia model KLV40R56C having ARC facility when i switch on TV and Fidelio B5 sound only work when I select HDMI1/ARC on B5 and on Tv HD Channel with DOLBY it doen not work with PCM mode and in between breaking of sound starts. Kindly guide?

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Soundbar. In this case, we recommend contacting our colleagues, from the relevant department, on 08 8338 5540 (Monday to Friday 9:00 AM 5:00 PM EST).
They would be happy to look into this for you, and hopefully, resolve this issue soon.

Andrew X.asked

The left speaker of my b5 soundbar will not turn on when disconnected from the main unit. No lights when its plugged in to indicate that it is charging either.

Serge

Same problem I had. Speaker no longer charge. Problem was a fault in main unit and the speaker had to be also replaced. Hope that help you ANDREW.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Andrew, thanks for sharing your experiences here. We are sorry to hear that they have not been the best ones, though. As we would very much like to help out, we recommend getting in touch via the following phone number: 1300 850 633 (AU) or 0800 639 953 (NZ). Hoping to be in touch with you again soon!

Andrew X.

I rang this number who have me the number of a service centre in New South Wales despite me telling them that I am in Adelaide. As expected the NSW people were unable to help me. Can you give me the number for a service centre in Adelaide

Michaelasked

Hi, the problem I have with my HTL9100 is that the only sound transmitted from the centre speaker on the soundbar is a constant and regular (and very annoying) approximately 1/2 of a second of sound of whatever sound is being put through it followed by 1/2 a second of nothing - a pulsing sensation. It does this regardless of input - TV or Bluetooth. I have done a factory reset and I have changed the HDMI cable. The connection is via the ARC port. Can you suggest a solution? Thank you.

Hi Michael,
Have you also tried with an optical cable instead of ARC?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Michael, thanks for your question on here. We think that due to the technical nature of your question it might be best to reach out to us directly through any of the means of contact provided on the following page: https://bit.ly/2W74ffY. We hope this could be solved soon, as we can imagine that any impurity in the sound could hinder the experience.

Michael

Hi Serge, thanks, no I haven't tried an optical cable. The reason I haven't is that the sound is perfect through the left and right detachable speakers so the ARC is working perfectly on half the system, just not the centre speaker. I think if it was the ARC the sound problem would on all speakers?

Philipasked

I have a HTL9100 soundbar now connected to a Philips TV. I’ve been having issues with the ARC for a while. Sometimes it worked, more often than not it didn’t. What can I do to trouble shoot the problem? I have not had it connected to two different TVs, the other was a Panasonic. I was hoping that the problem would go away when connected to a Philips. I have checked the HDMI cables and changed them. In the past removing and reconnecting the cable at the TV end (on the Panasonic) got it working until turned off. But not always.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Philip, thanks for your message. Great name by the way. ;) What a pity to hear that you're having issues with the ARC. We'd be happy to look into that for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Philip

Twitter has a word count so I've had to post the above in three tweets! What's the Facebook address? I am in New Zealand too.

Philips S.Philips

Hello again Philip, thanks for getting back to us. You can also send us a Direct Message on Twitter, as to avoid the character limitation. Alternatively, the link to our Facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Philips. You can send us a message there, or contact our support team via phone on 1300 363 391. Hope this helps!

Mickasked

My Philips HTL 9100 right speaker is not working when undocked & no light indicator, when it is docked it works & the light flashes Amber continuously l have tried leaving it on for a couple of hours & the amber light became steady but with no success. I would appreciate any advice what needs to be done. Regards Mick

Mick

I changed the battery from the left speaker to the right speaker and this identified it was a battery problem so a new battery is on order.

Jian Wei Y.
Jian Wei Y.

What battery is that. Having the same issue

Grazer

Grazerasked

Who are the recommended repairers for phillips soundbars now. My ARC output is very glitchy for about 5 minutes after turning on, then it settles down and works fine until i turn it on again the next day. Very frustrating with regards to the product, and lack or after sales service. Any advice would be great

Hi there,

Thank you for the question - we're sorry to hear about the issues with your home theater, and we'll do our best to help. Could you please give us a ring at 08 8338 5540 (Mondays - Fridays 9am - 5pm EST), or send us a message on Facebook/Twitter (@PhilipsCare)? Our colleagues in the specialised team will be happy to guide you in the right direction. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Lakshay M.

Lakshay M.asked

My philips htl9100 (fidelio) base is not syncing properly. Sometimes base goes off for 5 -10 sec then again it start banging. What could be the problem?

Kymbies01

Kymbies01asked

I have the Philips Fidelio HTL9100 one of the speakers does not charge the battery - any suggestions - when connected all the speakers work but as soon as I detach them one speaker does not work. thanks Kym

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here! We would like to see what the issue is here with your battery and would love to talk to you about this issue. We kindly ask you to reach out to us via 1800-251-400. There you'll be in contact with our product specialist -- who are more equipped to get to the bottom of this.

We hope to hear from you there! :-)

Stuart

Stuartasked

Hi my sound bar won’t connect to Bluetooth on tv (it has been working on Apple TV) the power light does not light up white as it did when turned on but goes red when turned off. Any ideas?

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for your question. We can see this poses a problem. Therefore we'd like to advise to get in touch with our audio specialists through social media, or through this link: https://bit.ly/2BGkOa2. If anyone can help out, it'll be them. :) Hope they're able to sort this out very soon.

Boothy

Boothyasked

9100 Main bar and RH speaker operates as advertised removed or docked, Bluetooth or HDMI arc. LH speaker has erratic light's. Red steady when docked, white for 30 secs when undocked then dead. Speaker battery.? I'll swap the batteries from Right to left and see what happens . Anyone else got similar issues?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Boothy, thanks for your question.

We'd certainly like to see how we can help you with this. In order to get in touch with the right team, we'd recommend reaching out to us on https://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR%2BSV_HOME_THEATER_CA.

We hope you'll be able to find the help you need soon.

James G

James Gasked

Hi, I have a B5 and the left surround speaker will not turn off when undocked and soundbar is in standby until the battery has gone flat, it just flashes amber/red looking for connection. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with your soundbar. Our colleagues are happy to assist you, and can be reached on the following number:
AU 1300 850 633
NZ 0800 639 953

Alternatively, you can reach out to us on one of our social media channels (available 24/7).

Ali

Aliasked

Hi I have lost the remote control for my sound bar, how can I buy a replacement?Thank you Ali Mitchell

Philips S.Philips

Hi Ali. Thank you for messaging us, although we regret hearing you've lost the remote control. We recommend getting in contact with our support so that we can help you find a new one. You can find us on Twitter (@PhilipsCare) and Facebook, or call us on 02-89167420 (AU) or 0800 639 953 (NZ). We'll keep an eye out for your message! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Bigjohnhaze

Bigjohnhazeasked

My Philip Fidelio B5 is not charging, just getting flashing red lights. I had it plug in all day. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for reaching out to us to make us aware of the issue you're experiencing. We kindly ask you to reach out to our product specialists, if you haven't already been in touch with them. You're able to contact them via the following phone number 1300 963 963, and they're more than willing to look into this for you. We hope that will help you resolve this issue soon. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter as well.

Glen S

Glen Sasked

Hi my unit flashes amber while docket , after taking off the dock sounds is like normal then after about 5 minutes it goes flat.
Think it could be batteries but not sure , if so where can i get some replacement ones?
Glen

Philips S.Philips

Hi Glen, thank you for your question. It's indeed odd that the dock stops working in 5 minutes. We'd like to ask you to reach out to our product team to get proper assistance. You can call 1300 850 633 for Australia and 0800 639 953 for New Zealand to get help from the team. Thanks in advance. :)

Andybear

Andybearasked

My Phillips Fidelio turninhg itself to the aux setting despite no source being connected. Also the remote control has become unresponsive and is just not useable despite new batteriries thta surround speakers arr frequently cutting out too - it had been reasonable good up until now but now has become pretty much unusable. Any ideas?

Hi there, Andy.

Thank you for sharing your question here. We're sorry to hear you've run into some problems with your Fidelio. We'd like to see if we can help you with that. Could you please contact us on Facebook or Twitter, our agents can then look into this for you and see how to assist you with this. Alternatively, feel free to call us via this page: https://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html.

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team.

Krishna

Krishnaasked

What is the main difference between htl9100 and b5 fedilio? Has i do have htl9100 and planning to change but so many people are saying that it’s almost the same effect.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Thank you for your interest in the HTL9100. To compare them, you might find the product pages on our website useful as they both state all specifications. You can find the page for the B5 here: https://bit.ly/2QbV7Dh, and for the HTL9100 here: https://bit.ly/2wQterw. If you have any questions remaining, we recommend getting in contact with our team of specialists, as they know all about these products and will gladly inform you. You can reach out to them on both Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare), or call them on: 1300850633 (AU) or 0800 639 953 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

ErichalfB

ErichalfBasked

I would like to buy a replacement remote control for my Fidelio B5/79 purchased in 2016, but apparently Philips Australia spare parts was outsourced to a company which has gone into adminstration. Therefore I cannot buy a new remote. I would remind Philips that under Australian consumer law, it is mandatory to provide spare parts for a reasonable time. "Products must also:...have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise." Can Philips please advise me how to get a remote for this model?

Hi there, Ericha.

Many thanks for reaching out to us here. We'd like to help you out by bringing you in touch with our product experts. Could you perhaps provide us with your email address and phone number? Feel free to messages us privately via Facebook or Twitter. We'll then pass on the details to the service team so they can contact you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Eds
Eds

Hi,
I also have the same issue and need a new remote control. How do I source a new remote control for my B5 Soundbar?

Victor

Victorasked

Can I procure a replacement battery for the Fidelio HTL9100 speaker from you?
Local office in Singapore is unable to help saying the particular parts supplier is bankrupt.

Hi Victor,

We're sorry to hear about this. We do recommend to keep discussing possibilities with our colleagues in Singapore, as they'll be able to assist you best in this regard. You could also contact us on our Twitter-handle @PhilipsCare, Facebook or through http://philips.com/support/.

KS P
KS P

I also facing same issue, local support in Malaysia mention no part is available

Ravi

Raviasked

I am having Philps FIdelio HTL9100 Soundbar and it's remote has stopped working even after changing to New Battery. This has left the system unusable. Is there a way to use the system without remote and how I can have a new remote in India or have it repaired. Please provide me with support on this as I am unable to use the system at all.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Ravi, thanks for your message. We regret hearing that the remote of your Fidelio Soundbar has stopped working. Since we are the Philips Australia team, we can't help you locate a new remote in India. Therefore, we recommend reaching out to the Philips India Facebook page, where you can get support from the appropriate team. Thank you in advance.

NearlySoda

NearlySodaasked

Hey!
So my philips fidelio has gone haywire. When I connect pc/tv/xbox/Bluetooth. It shows up for a brief moment and then disappears again. The hdmi 1/hdmi2, aux, bt and arc flashes irregularly, no even pulsating flashing, sometimes faster sometimes slower, on the device. And when I try to increase or decrease the bass/tremble it reacts 3 sec after I pressed the button. I have tried update it and reset it. Which was a pain becuse the delayed reaction. Nothing works. What to do?

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives