Philips Azur Steam

Philips Azur Steam

GC4865, GC4855, GC4875, etc...

josjos13

josjos13Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Iron

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $95.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Jitesh J

Jitesh JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Form over function

Sleek unit. Should entail higher performance. I seem to struggle with this iron. Good style, safety and quick steam production. However, I have had other cheapo irons that worked better. Update: thanks to this site, it seems we should have been decalcifying the iron. I will do this for hopefully better performance.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $70.00.

Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

Neal N

Neal NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Currently shopping for an alternative

Very heavy iron, didn't think that would matter until I tried to use it. Seems to pick up the fabric as I move causing wrinkles and taking me twice as long to finish the job. I'm also not happy about the position of the buttons, very uncomfortable to use the spray and since it delivers such a tiny amount I need to mash this button constantly.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $99.00.

Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

ValSouthwest, VIC

Great Iron

I bought this iron on the recommendation of a friend. I have not been disappointed. It does everything I need it to do and I have not scorched anything with this iron. The different settings are true to the fabric setting. Steam ample.
Love it. I had been using another brand for decades before I bought this Philips iron.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Val. It's great to hear you've had a good experience with this iron, and we truly appreciate it you took the time to share it here. We hope you'll continue to enjoy this iron for many years to come. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Charlotte Pudney

Charlotte PudneyAdelaide

So happy I got this iron

I have been awaiting an iron for over a year got given this at our wedding and its an amazing iron. It works really well on all types of fabrics. The settings are easy to use and the steam settings allow me to use the steam to my advantage. Also like how light the iron is for easy moving and ironing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hunter

HunterKOORALGIN

Excellent Iron

I bought this a month ago and it is brilliant, just the right size, not too heavy, very good steam, narrow toe, smooth gliding etc. etc. It matches my black gloss kitchen too which is good..its a really great looking style. The electrical cord could be longer, but it is adequate (Why don't the manufacturers make them longer to iron in the lounge when the cord is usually plugged in at ground level?). This is the best iron I've used, other than the steam generating ones with the big water units - I simply do not have the space to store one of those. Haven't used the decalcifying part yet but that is an added benefit. This is well worth the money, recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Felicity

FelicityComo

Such good value for money

This iron is the best I have purchased - certainly better value than some more expensive irons I have bought. It is so easy to use and the best thing about it is it does not stick to any fabric or mark fabrics. Not having to use filtered water is also really convenient.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Lillypops

LillypopsElizabeth Vale, South Australia

Average steam, super hot but steam isn't the best

Use this on all my shirts before heading off to work. It's easy to just pull out fill up with water and then plug in the power and iron but the steam dose not seem to come out of this unit as much as others my friends or famaly have. It also seems to take more time to get creses out

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Claire

ClaireNEWTOWN

very good product

I was totally impressed by the product. Its really worth the price. very good product , it gives just professional finish to the cloths. Just keep in mind that it has 16AMP socket/power requirement which makes it unusable during power outages as gensets and inverters will not be supporting this iron.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Victor Liu

Victor Liu

Great Iron!

This iron is the perfect weight and supplies the right amount of heat. All of my past roommates have commented on it and even offered to buy it off me because they love how great it is! I've had it for almost 3 years now and it works like new! I love how quickly it heats up. Doesn't stain my clothes. Gets wrinkles out fast and easy. Would highly recommend this product to any young professionals!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Ingrid W

Ingrid W

Good staff

I bought this product for more than 5 years, and I still use it. I was suggested by one of my friends. And I bought it from Myer, it is a good quality and easy to use. It’s a small one and easy to store. Always help the big family!

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Hina

HinaSydney

Good

It's a good iron. I have been using this iron for 3 years now and no major problems so far . It never took long to heat up and very useful, safe and reliable. The only thing I found out is temperature control is not very accurate it should be more hot on cotton and is very low on silk.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

MeldrewYea

Does the job

I purchased this iron about 6 months ago. It does what it is supposed to do. Glides over materials smoothly. Uses a lot of water, more than previous irons I’ve had. But otherwise it seems to be reasonably well made. I can’t say it is a joy to use as I hate ironing. ☹️ But that’s not the iron’s fault. That’s the fault of some swine in the past that invented the idea. Lol.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Thank you.

Attorney

AttorneyPerth, WA

Good iron

Purchased this iron in Jan from Myer to replace an old Philips iron that we dropped. It heats up quickly and irons easily. It is heavier than the old iron but still lightweight and easy to handle. We don't use the steam function though. It has been reliable so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Said

SaidSydney

This is perfect

My wife and I we were looking for a new iron for almost a year we found this iron few months ago as soon as my wife and I saw this iron we were in love with it it is perfect the way it irons our clothing is unbelievable super we have been shopping for a iron for a while before we found this before we found this we have been everywhere but we couldn’t find a perfect iron and now that we bought it we are not going to be wrong bragging about our new iron .

Date PurchasedJan 2018
gottalove

gottaloveAU

I tried really hard to love this iron

I really have wanted to love this iron but cannot.
I have really hated ironing using this and the pile just gets bigger
I have put up with the dripping and the poor performance for 5 years.
Time now to change brands and buy a better iron.
Maybe now I will stop procrastinating on the ironing.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Jason P

Jason PBrisbane

Pleased I lashed out on this iron considering the iron we had was still functioning,but it was truel

The iron itself is easy to use and the steam function works like a charm which make ironing jeans and more difficult iteams a dream.As I am pretty particular about my appearance it makes light work of virtually any item like delicates, jeans and the like the steam function rips through,good temperature control as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

y2kdisease

y2kdisease

Great at ironing. Hasn’t given up on me!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, great to hear our iron was a relief in comparison to other cheaper brands. Quality is what we love to deliver and we're glad to hear that's exactly what you received. Thanks for this review.

Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Taking it back

My Azure 4855 is only three hours old. Can't even iron a shirt before auto shut off activates. Half way through one sleeve and it shuts down.
Seriously not happy. Back to Harvey Norman it goes. Ironing is not that complicated. Will buy another brand. Disappointed to say the least.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

very disappointed

Bought this iron about 10 months ago.. It wasn't the cheapest but I was happy to pay more for a big brand thinking product would last longer. Used the iron once a week, always allowed it to cool, always emptied water out, always stored carefully on it's end, and de calced it. Picked it up today to use and the whole front plate was swinging dangerously, hanging off. Seems one of the little rivets that hold the plate to main body has come off. Tried to get somewhere with online chat but to no avail. seems like a fault to me as its not something I've caused.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Asif B.

Asif B.asked

why my philips azur GC 4527 does'nt heat up?blue light on the handle blinks once when the switch turns on. after blinking one time there is no orange light turning on and not heating up at all.

Val

I'm sorry I can't answer your question because my iron is Azur GC 4800 model. It has a pink light that goes off when it heats up to the right temperature. Good Luck!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Philips iron. We'd like to help you get back to ironing as soon as possible. We recommend that you take a look at the suggestions found in the following link: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000013184/my-philips-steam-iron-does-not-heat-up-anymore. Additionally, feel free to contact our Consumer Support team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd love to investigate this for you.

The Philips Australia Team

Les M

Les Masked

I am having problems with the flap that covers the water fill. It is growing increasingly difficult to lock in place. I am disappointed as it’s overall a good iron. The model is a Phillips Azure Pro 2800W.

Hi there,

Thanks for asking this here! We can imagine it is inconvenient when it's becoming more and more difficult to close the lid of the water reservoir. Would it be possible to contact our coworkers directly at 1300 363 391? They'll be able to help you out quickest. Thanks in advance!

The Philips Australia Team

Ruth

Ruthasked

Hi my azure pro iron has stopped heating up. Blue led light flashes twice when plugged in then nothing. Could you please advise? Only a year and half old. Gc4880 azur pro 2800w.

Hi there, Ruth.

Thanks for submitting your question. We'll happily help you with this issue. First of all, it may be that the unit is in Auto-shut off. Please press the steam button again to switch it back on. It may also indicate that the water reservoir is (nearly) empty. If this doesn't help you, we would recommend contacting our product specialists at 1300 363 391. They should be able to assist you further from there on.

The Philips Australia team

Saif u.
Saif u.

Hi, I have the same problem and it is not resolving by any means. Switching the main power on results only in twice blink of blue light followed by "tic sound" and then nothing afterwards. Its just one month old. Any tip to resolve the issue?

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives