Philips Azur Steam

Philips Azur Steam

GC4551, GC4865, GC4410, GC4420, GC4430 and 5 more

Great Iron

Recently purchased this iron from the Good Guys. The iron works great. For work I wear polyester shirts (awful fabric) and they are not the easiest to iron and I have found the temperature control to be accurate and the iron doesn't stick to the fabric.... it passed the test.

What I like...
Temperature control is accurate.
The iron heats up very quickly
Great steam and extra steam when required.
Iron doesn't stick to fabric and glides well across the fabric.
Shape is good with a nice point.
Irons delicate and man made fabrics well.
Irons cotton/linen well.
Good reasonable weight for an iron.
Easy clean glide plate, however if you don't burn fabric it stays clean.
Easy clean calc residue section

What I don't like...
The water spray, I find this on most irons and use a water spray bottle regardless, so it's not an issue.

Overall I like this iron for my uses.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $95.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Form over function

Sleek unit. Should entail higher performance. I seem to struggle with this iron. Good style, safety and quick steam production. However, I have had other cheapo irons that worked better. Update: thanks to this site, it seems we should have been decalcifying the iron. I will do this for hopefully better performance.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $70.00.

Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics
Hi there Jitesh, Thanks for your review. It's great to hear you like the style of this iron along with the quick steam production. However, we're sorry to read you've had other irons that worked better. We hope the decalc will work and the Azur Steam will meet your expectations after that. If not, let us know. We'd be happy to assist you further with this. We look forward to your reply. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Currently shopping for an alternative

Very heavy iron, didn't think that would matter until I tried to use it. Seems to pick up the fabric as I move causing wrinkles and taking me twice as long to finish the job. I'm also not happy about the position of the buttons, very uncomfortable to use the spray and since it delivers such a tiny amount I need to mash this button constantly.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $99.00.

Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics
Hi there, Neal. Thanks for taking your time to write this review. We're sorry to hear that the product didn't meet up to your expectations. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. Please contact our colleagues directly here for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BIRONS_CA We would like to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great Iron

I bought this iron on the recommendation of a friend. I have not been disappointed. It does everything I need it to do and I have not scorched anything with this iron. The different settings are true to the fabric setting. Steam ample.
Love it. I had been using another brand for decades before I bought this Philips iron.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Val. It's great to hear you've had a good experience with this iron, and we truly appreciate it you took the time to share it here. We hope you'll continue to enjoy this iron for many years to come. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

So happy I got this iron

I have been awaiting an iron for over a year got given this at our wedding and its an amazing iron. It works really well on all types of fabrics. The settings are easy to use and the steam settings allow me to use the steam to my advantage. Also like how light the iron is for easy moving and ironing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Charlotte, We appreciate the effort of sharing this with us. We're especially happy to hear the iron has been working so well on all types of fabrics. Happy ironing. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Excellent Iron

I bought this a month ago and it is brilliant, just the right size, not too heavy, very good steam, narrow toe, smooth gliding etc. etc. It matches my black gloss kitchen too which is good..its a really great looking style. The electrical cord could be longer, but it is adequate (Why don't the manufacturers make them longer to iron in the lounge when the cord is usually plugged in at ground level?). This is the best iron I've used, other than the steam generating ones with the big water units - I simply do not have the space to store one of those. Haven't used the decalcifying part yet but that is an added benefit. This is well worth the money, recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there, Hunter. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Reading your review makes us feel proud! thanks again for sharing this. We wish you all the best with your Azur steam iron. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Such good value for money

This iron is the best I have purchased - certainly better value than some more expensive irons I have bought. It is so easy to use and the best thing about it is it does not stick to any fabric or mark fabrics. Not having to use filtered water is also really convenient.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Felicity, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the GC4865. We're happy to iron the iron has been working so well for you. Happy ironing! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Average steam, super hot but steam isn't the best

Use this on all my shirts before heading off to work. It's easy to just pull out fill up with water and then plug in the power and iron but the steam dose not seem to come out of this unit as much as others my friends or famaly have. It also seems to take more time to get creses out

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hey Lillypops, thanks for your review. Glad to hear the iron is very convenient for the most part. Concerning the steam, we'd recommend to use it 'semi-sparingly' for the thickest clouds, otherwise it could be that the steam runs out and the iron will need to warm up water again. Hope this helps. But if you do want to discuss this matter further, please give us a call on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

very good product

I was totally impressed by the product. Its really worth the price. very good product , it gives just professional finish to the cloths. Just keep in mind that it has 16AMP socket/power requirement which makes it unusable during power outages as gensets and inverters will not be supporting this iron.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Claire, Thanks for taking the time to share your love here. :) We're happy to hear just how much you enjoy using the Azur Steam. Enjoy your ironing sessions and all the best! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great Iron!

This iron is the perfect weight and supplies the right amount of heat. All of my past roommates have commented on it and even offered to buy it off me because they love how great it is! I've had it for almost 3 years now and it works like new! I love how quickly it heats up. Doesn't stain my clothes. Gets wrinkles out fast and easy. Would highly recommend this product to any young professionals!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Good staff

I bought this product for more than 5 years, and I still use it. I was suggested by one of my friends. And I bought it from Myer, it is a good quality and easy to use. It’s a small one and easy to store. Always help the big family!

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Hi there, Ingrid. Many thanks for sharing this here. We're happy to hear the iron has been a great addition for over 5 years now. :) We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good

It's a good iron. I have been using this iron for 3 years now and no major problems so far . It never took long to heat up and very useful, safe and reliable. The only thing I found out is temperature control is not very accurate it should be more hot on cotton and is very low on silk.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hello Hina, We appreciate that you've taken the time to tell a bit about your experience with our Azur Steam. The temperatures are our guidelines to keep your garments safe, but if you've discovered you could amp the temp a bit for better results, then we're happy to hear you've been able to manage this that way. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi there, We're grateful to hear that you're happy with the iron. As for the temperature control: we'd advise you to get in touch with our colleagues and have them look into it. You can call them on 1300 363 391. Thanks for the review! :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Does the job

I purchased this iron about 6 months ago. It does what it is supposed to do. Glides over materials smoothly. Uses a lot of water, more than previous irons I’ve had. But otherwise it seems to be reasonably well made. I can’t say it is a joy to use as I hate ironing. ☹️ But that’s not the iron’s fault. That’s the fault of some swine in the past that invented the idea. Lol.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Meldrew, We agree that ironing is not the most enjoyable activity to spend your hours on. ;) Therefore we're happy to hear it's doing its job efficiently! Thanks for the review and we wish you a nice day. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamThank you.

Good iron

Purchased this iron in Jan from Myer to replace an old Philips iron that we dropped. It heats up quickly and irons easily. It is heavier than the old iron but still lightweight and easy to handle. We don't use the steam function though. It has been reliable so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there, We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us here. Glad to hear you like the iron. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

This is perfect

My wife and I we were looking for a new iron for almost a year we found this iron few months ago as soon as my wife and I saw this iron we were in love with it it is perfect the way it irons our clothing is unbelievable super we have been shopping for a iron for a while before we found this before we found this we have been everywhere but we couldn’t find a perfect iron and now that we bought it we are not going to be wrong bragging about our new iron .

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hello Said, We're happy to hear this iron made you this happy. :) Sounds like you're a great fan! Let us know if you have any questions about it alright? Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

I tried really hard to love this iron

I really have wanted to love this iron but cannot.
I have really hated ironing using this and the pile just gets bigger
I have put up with the dripping and the poor performance for 5 years.
Time now to change brands and buy a better iron.
Maybe now I will stop procrastinating on the ironing.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Hi there, how are you doing? We're very sorry to hear you've experienced a poor performance with the GC4855, that really is something we don't like to hear. We, of course, would like to change this experience. Could you, therefore, reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter? Me or one of my colleagues would be happy to help you in upgrading the performance of your device. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Pleased I lashed out on this iron considering the iron we had was still functioning,but it was truel

The iron itself is easy to use and the steam function works like a charm which make ironing jeans and more difficult iteams a dream.As I am pretty particular about my appearance it makes light work of virtually any item like delicates, jeans and the like the steam function rips through,good temperature control as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great at ironing. Hasn’t given up on me!

I’ve had this iron for 2 years now and use it every weekend for our clothes. The weight is substantial enough to get clothes done with a single pass, while yet being comfortable to move around.

The steam function is really good and doesn’t leak like cheap irons. I had to upgrade to this when I realised the $12 supermarket iron was more work than it needed to be. Got this on sale at Harvey Norman and given it hasn’t died on me yet I think it’s recouped it’s value well.

I use normal tap water as per the owners manual and always drain it out after every use and leave the cap open so that the tank dries out. As per previous reviews I guess the electrics die out because of the water and corrosion inside the iron. Thankfully that hasn’t happened to me yet. The soleplate gets fantastically hot for cotton and the steam is really good for my suits and coats. I calc clean every three months to keep the iron clean from scale buildup inside.

The iron is easy to clean with a damp cloth. And the one time I dropped it while hot onto the carpet, I used the philips soleplate cleaner that made the soleplate good as new!

In the last 2 years of me using philips products I feel they’re very well designed and great value for me so far.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi there, great to hear our iron was a relief in comparison to other cheaper brands. Quality is what we love to deliver and we're glad to hear that's exactly what you received. Thanks for this review. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Taking it back

My Azure 4855 is only three hours old. Can't even iron a shirt before auto shut off activates. Half way through one sleeve and it shuts down.
Seriously not happy. Back to Harvey Norman it goes. Ironing is not that complicated. Will buy another brand. Disappointed to say the least.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Mike. We regret hearing your experience with our iron was rather disappointing. That's not something that should have happened, and we appreciate you reaching out to us. Of course you're able to take it back to the retailer you've bought it from, but should you prefer further assistance from Philips, we advise you to get in contact with our consumer care, which you can reach on: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

very disappointed

Bought this iron about 10 months ago.. It wasn't the cheapest but I was happy to pay more for a big brand thinking product would last longer. Used the iron once a week, always allowed it to cool, always emptied water out, always stored carefully on it's end, and de calced it. Picked it up today to use and the whole front plate was swinging dangerously, hanging off. Seems one of the little rivets that hold the plate to main body has come off. Tried to get somewhere with online chat but to no avail. seems like a fault to me as its not something I've caused.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Eddy. We regret hearing your iron broke, especially since you've only been able to use it for 10 months and by the sound of it, took good care of it. We have sent you a private message, asking for your contact details, as we'd like for our product team to look into this. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

why my philips azur GC 4527 does'nt heat up?blue light on the handle blinks once when the switch turns on. after blinking one time there is no orange light turning on and not heating up at all.
I'm sorry I can't answer your question because my iron is Azur GC 4800 model. It has a pink light that goes off when it heats up to the right temperature. Good Luck!Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Philips iron. We'd like to help you get back to ironing as soon as possible. We recommend that you take a look at the suggestions found in the following link: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000013184/my-philips-steam-iron-does-not-heat-up-anymore. Additionally, feel free to contact our Consumer Support team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd love to investigate this for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

I am having problems with the flap that covers the water fill. It is growing increasingly difficult to lock in place. I am disappointed as it’s overall a good iron. The model is a Phillips Azure Pro 2800W.
Hi there, Thanks for asking this here! We can imagine it is inconvenient when it's becoming more and more difficult to close the lid of the water reservoir. Would it be possible to contact our coworkers directly at 1300 363 391? They'll be able to help you out quickest. Thanks in advance! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi my azure pro iron has stopped heating up. Blue led light flashes twice when plugged in then nothing. Could you please advise? Only a year and half old. Gc4880 azur pro 2800w.
Hi there, Ruth. Thanks for submitting your question. We'll happily help you with this issue. First of all, it may be that the unit is in Auto-shut off. Please press the steam button again to switch it back on. It may also indicate that the water reservoir is (nearly) empty. If this doesn't help you, we would recommend contacting our product specialists at 1300 363 391. They should be able to assist you further from there on. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamHi, I have the same problem and it is not resolving by any means. Switching the main power on results only in twice blink of blue light followed by "tic sound" and then nothing afterwards. Its just one month old. Any tip to resolve the issue?

Philips Azur Steam GC4865Philips Azur Steam GC4551Philips Azur Steam GC4890Philips Azur Steam GC4875Philips Azur Steam GC4800Philips Azur Steam GC4410Philips Azur Steam GC4430Philips Azur Steam GC4420Philips Azur Steam GC4855Philips Azur Steam GC4856
CategoryIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam Generators
Water Tank Capacity350ml350ml350ml350ml350ml335ml350ml350ml350ml