Philips Azur Steam

Philips Azur Steam

GC4865, GC4855, GC4875, etc...

• Product is used
    • Daily (3)
    • Occasionally (1)
    • Weekly (1)
  • Safety
Brodie

BrodieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Product

I love this Philips Steam Iron. It is light weight and easy to use. With different settings I find it the best steam iron in the market with complete value for money. Satisfied with the product!

Purchased in September 2019.

Clothing Material Cotton
Grant

GrantWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Irons Well, Rusts over clothes

We have always liked Philips irons as they seem to have a good reputation, and have lasted us well across the years. Unfortunately, this model doesn't meet those expectations. We started out happy, but three months in and its destroying out clothes with rust and calcium. Considering its meant to capture the calcium in a container to be removed this isn't good. We have had to continually rewash clothes and some we have had to throw out all together after ironing with this iron.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $119.00.

Clothing Material Cotton
josjos13

josjos13Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Iron

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $95.00.

Product is used Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Jitesh J

Jitesh JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Form over function

Sleek unit. Should entail higher performance. I seem to struggle with this iron. Good style, safety and quick steam production. However, I have had other cheapo irons that worked better. Update: thanks to this site, it seems we should have been decalcifying the iron. I will do this for hopefully better performance.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $70.00.

Product is used Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

Neal N

Neal NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Currently shopping for an alternative

Very heavy iron, didn't think that would matter until I tried to use it. Seems to pick up the fabric as I move causing wrinkles and taking me twice as long to finish the job. I'm also not happy about the position of the buttons, very uncomfortable to use the spray and since it delivers such a tiny amount I need to mash this button constantly.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $99.00.

Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

ValSouthwest, VIC

Great Iron

I bought this iron on the recommendation of a friend. I have not been disappointed. It does everything I need it to do and I have not scorched anything with this iron. The different settings are true to the fabric setting. Steam ample.
Love it. I had been using another brand for decades before I bought this Philips iron.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Val. It's great to hear you've had a good experience with this iron, and we truly appreciate it you took the time to share it here. We hope you'll continue to enjoy this iron for many years to come. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Charlotte Pudney

Charlotte PudneyAdelaide

So happy I got this iron

I have been awaiting an iron for over a year got given this at our wedding and its an amazing iron. It works really well on all types of fabrics. The settings are easy to use and the steam settings allow me to use the steam to my advantage. Also like how light the iron is for easy moving and ironing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hunter

HunterKOORALGIN

Excellent Iron

I bought this a month ago and it is brilliant, just the right size, not too heavy, very good steam, narrow toe, smooth gliding etc. etc. It matches my black gloss kitchen too which is good..its a really great looking style. The electrical cord could be longer, but it is adequate (Why don't the manufacturers make them longer to iron in the lounge when the cord is usually plugged in at ground level?). This is the best iron I've used, other than the steam generating ones with the big water units - I simply do not have the space to store one of those. Haven't used the decalcifying part yet but that is an added benefit. This is well worth the money, recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Felicity

FelicityComo

Such good value for money

This iron is the best I have purchased - certainly better value than some more expensive irons I have bought. It is so easy to use and the best thing about it is it does not stick to any fabric or mark fabrics. Not having to use filtered water is also really convenient.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Lillypops

LillypopsElizabeth Vale, South Australia

Average steam, super hot but steam isn't the best

Use this on all my shirts before heading off to work. It's easy to just pull out fill up with water and then plug in the power and iron but the steam dose not seem to come out of this unit as much as others my friends or famaly have. It also seems to take more time to get creses out

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Claire

ClaireNEWTOWN

very good product

I was totally impressed by the product. Its really worth the price. very good product , it gives just professional finish to the cloths. Just keep in mind that it has 16AMP socket/power requirement which makes it unusable during power outages as gensets and inverters will not be supporting this iron.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Victor Liu

Victor Liu

Great Iron!

This iron is the perfect weight and supplies the right amount of heat. All of my past roommates have commented on it and even offered to buy it off me because they love how great it is! I've had it for almost 3 years now and it works like new! I love how quickly it heats up. Doesn't stain my clothes. Gets wrinkles out fast and easy. Would highly recommend this product to any young professionals!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Ingrid W

Ingrid W

Good staff

I bought this product for more than 5 years, and I still use it. I was suggested by one of my friends. And I bought it from Myer, it is a good quality and easy to use. It’s a small one and easy to store. Always help the big family!

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Hina

HinaSydney

Good

It's a good iron. I have been using this iron for 3 years now and no major problems so far . It never took long to heat up and very useful, safe and reliable. The only thing I found out is temperature control is not very accurate it should be more hot on cotton and is very low on silk.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

MeldrewYea

Does the job

I purchased this iron about 6 months ago. It does what it is supposed to do. Glides over materials smoothly. Uses a lot of water, more than previous irons I’ve had. But otherwise it seems to be reasonably well made. I can’t say it is a joy to use as I hate ironing. ☹️ But that’s not the iron’s fault. That’s the fault of some swine in the past that invented the idea. Lol.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Thank you.

Attorney

AttorneyPerth, WA

Good iron

Purchased this iron in Jan from Myer to replace an old Philips iron that we dropped. It heats up quickly and irons easily. It is heavier than the old iron but still lightweight and easy to handle. We don't use the steam function though. It has been reliable so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Said

SaidSydney

This is perfect

My wife and I we were looking for a new iron for almost a year we found this iron few months ago as soon as my wife and I saw this iron we were in love with it it is perfect the way it irons our clothing is unbelievable super we have been shopping for a iron for a while before we found this before we found this we have been everywhere but we couldn’t find a perfect iron and now that we bought it we are not going to be wrong bragging about our new iron .

Date PurchasedJan 2018
gottalove

gottaloveSydney, NSW

I tried really hard to love this iron

I really have wanted to love this iron but cannot.
I have really hated ironing using this and the pile just gets bigger
I have put up with the dripping and the poor performance for 5 years.
Time now to change brands and buy a better iron.
Maybe now I will stop procrastinating on the ironing.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Jason P

Jason PBrisbane

Pleased I lashed out on this iron considering the iron we had was still functioning,but it was truel

The iron itself is easy to use and the steam function works like a charm which make ironing jeans and more difficult iteams a dream.As I am pretty particular about my appearance it makes light work of virtually any item like delicates, jeans and the like the steam function rips through,good temperature control as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
y2kdisease

y2kdisease

Great at ironing. Hasn’t given up on me!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, great to hear our iron was a relief in comparison to other cheaper brands. Quality is what we love to deliver and we're glad to hear that's exactly what you received. Thanks for this review.

Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Ruby M

Ruby Masked

How do I clean the filter of the click & clean attachment of my iron?

Hi there, Ruby.

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can find the steps to clean your Philips Azur Steam iron correctly in the manual of your appliance. If the steps are not clear, or you've got other questions, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Robert R.

Robert R.asked

Auto shut off keeps happening what is the cause

Hi there Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that the auto-off function automatically activates when your iron has not been used for more than 10 minutes.
If this does not apply in your case, please feel free to contact our Consumer Care team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). Alternatively, you can get in touch via Facebook or Twitter.
Our colleagues would be happy to look into this for you.

Asif B.

Asif B.asked

why my philips azur GC 4527 does'nt heat up?blue light on the handle blinks once when the switch turns on. after blinking one time there is no orange light turning on and not heating up at all.

Val

I'm sorry I can't answer your question because my iron is Azur GC 4800 model. It has a pink light that goes off when it heats up to the right temperature. Good Luck!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Philips iron. We'd like to help you get back to ironing as soon as possible. We recommend that you take a look at the suggestions found in the following link: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000013184/my-philips-steam-iron-does-not-heat-up-anymore. Additionally, feel free to contact our Consumer Support team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd love to investigate this for you.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives