Philips Azur Steam GC4890

Philips Azur Steam GC4890

very disappointed

Bought this iron about 10 months ago.. It wasn't the cheapest but I was happy to pay more for a big brand thinking product would last longer. Used the iron once a week, always allowed it to cool, always emptied water out, always stored carefully on it's end, and de calced it. Picked it up today to use and the whole front plate was swinging dangerously, hanging off. Seems one of the little rivets that hold the plate to main body has come off. Tried to get somewhere with online chat but to no avail. seems like a fault to me as its not something I've caused.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Lost without it

Bought from premier man catalogue 31/7/ 2013 for a present now broke & out of warranty typical if I had used it every day I would understand but I only iron basic clothes that had to be ironed now red light flashes & it won't heat up so very dissapointed with it

PhilipsPhilips

Paul B

Paul Basked

Hi. We’ve had our Azur for a few years now as a faithful servant. But recently it’s been dripping water from the rear housing where all the connections are. Occasionally it trips the house electricity. I assume because the contacts have water on. I removed the plastic cover and inside the screws are rusty and it’s like condensation everywhere. Is there a fix? Is it dangerous. Should I get a new one. Thanks.

Hello Paul,
thank you for contacting us about your Azur Steam iron. We would really like to look into this for you and would you please give our Customer Service line a call in order for us to assist you further? You can reach us on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or on 0800 658 224 (New Zealand).
Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Liz

Lizasked

My azur steam iron has been the best iron I've ever had but recently it appears to be leaking water as I use it. Water spurts from the filling hole and there appears to be very little or no steam actually coming out of the plate. The settings are correct and I have tried descaling but again no water came out of the plate so there is no improvement. Can you suggest a solution?
Many thanks! Liz

Bec
Bec

No idea, sorry talk to Phillips.

Philips S.Philips

Hey Liz, thank you for your question. Our team would like to be in touch with you and advises you to contact us via 1300 363 391 and choose for option 1.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives