Philips Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Philips Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White) Questions & Answers

MPN: HR7761/00

46 questions from our users

Sar
Sarasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hi, can i buy a julianne cutter for my hr7761?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. To give you an expert answer on this, we kindly advise that you contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Heshani H.
Heshani H.asked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hi, I just bought this food processor and in order to test the blender and the mini chopper it I put some water in and it immediately started leaking from the bottom. The blade does not fit well. Please advice

Saf Haque
Saf Haqueasked

Hi
We bought this processor last year (20.01.19) from target, however it stopped working recently.
Is this still covered under warranty (replacement/repair)
Saf

Hi there Saf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Good news! It should still be under warranty. We'd like to invite you to reach out us directly by phone at 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). You can also reach out to us on social media on Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or Facebook. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out. We hope to hear from you!

Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.asked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Will a hr 7761 motor unit fit my hr7762 accessories?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Vanessa, thank you for your question. For more information, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to help.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Subash. You can find these details in the product manual: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hr7761_01/hr7761_01_dfu_eng.pdf. We hope that this answers your question and please feel free to reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ), Mondays to Saturdays from 7 am to 7 pm.

nic f
nic f

Huh

Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

How much water is to be poured in half kg of floor

Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

How much water is to be poured in flour

Woody
Woodyasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

How to set up to grind coffee/

Philips S.Philips

Hi Woody, good question. You can see which attachment you can use to grind coffee and for how many seconds in the user manual: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hr7761_01/hr7761_01_dfu_eng.pdf. We hope that this helps and please do not hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ), Mondays to Saturdays from 7am to 7pm.

Jyoti Bhudhwar
Jyoti Bhudhwarasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

My Food processor’s big jar has got cracks , although it was never dropped but cracks have come all over the jar. Can it be replaced ?? Or how can I get the new jar

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Jyoti. Thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear about the cracks in your jar, and we can understand how inconvenient this must be. We recommend reaching out to our customer support. You could reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). If you aren't located in any of these two countries, please consider contacting us on social media or through http://philips.com/support/.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Leon L.
Leon L.asked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

My blender cup was broken where I can buy another one

Hello Leon,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're sorry to hear your blender cup broke - that's very unfortunate. We recommend that you contact our Consumer Support team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), as they will be able to point you to the right direction with this.
Should you need further assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch with us again. We'd be happy to help.

Marty
Martyasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

I have bought my first food processor. I am a great fan of Phillips products but the piece of paper which is the so called manual is absolutely useless. Unless you are looking for carrots or cheese the other drawings are unrecognisable. Also the drawings of how to assemble are not clear. Is there anyway I could get a PDF or decent set of instructions.? My product is HR7761. Please don't tell me to download the manual as I have tried this and have been on the web for more than a couple of hours trying to get information

saintsonfire
saintsonfire

I agree the manual is terrible. Sadly the online version is a replica https://philips.to/2CS8XaI.

I can understand that they are trying to condense the manual to fit all the multi-lingual instructions on a single piece of paper but they could at least have a proper version online. Fancy spending all that money developing a product only to let it down badly by not having a simple easy to us guide. Sorry i could not help you find a quality set of instructions

l_pjones
l_pjonesasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

I would like to know which is the correct part to blend sugar,flour,butter etc., in a PhillipsHR7761 blender?

Philips S.Philips

Good Question! We'd recommend the the bowl for that, together with the dough attachments.

Zoe W
Zoe Wasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hi, I bought a Viva from Target in Sydney about 4 years ago. It's great and worked fantastically until this morning when the connection part of the blade for the blender/grinder broke, resulting in it coming undone mid blend and a kitchen bench top full of breakfast smoothy! I'm wondering if this part is replaceable. The rest of the unit works and I can still use the food processor part, but not the blender or grinder. The part that broke are the black bits of the blender blade until that connect to the power base. I really do love the whole unit, it does everything I need and probably more I've not discovered yet. I would not like to waste the whole thing by buying everything new again. Am I able to obtain a new grinding blade unit, or will I have to replace the whole processor? Thanks Zöe, now in Darwin.

Hi there Zoe,

Thanks for contacting us. It's good to hear you were happy with the product initially. :) We'd like to help you out in finding the right parts. We've checked out the Philips online store but it seems that the part is unavailable there at this point. Therefore we would recommend reaching out to our hotline at 1300 363 391 for further assitance. They should be able to help out.

The Philips Australia team

Ama
Amaasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

I am Ama in victoria in Australia. I bought Viva HR 7761food processor from Target. Can I use HR 7761food processor for grind soaked rice?
I didn't get Manuel with my HR 776l Viva collection food processor. So I have no idea how can I use whole lot of blades. Can anyone give me explanation pl. ??

gypsymaggie

Hi Ama, I would use one of the insert discs for rice, they are for granulating, shredding, etc. Try google Phillips food processor HR7762-90 appliances online, this should give you a pdf for the viva collection food processor, which is also for model HR7761, there are 1-22 pages, hope this helps:-)

Annie
Annie

You can do that in a grinder. You just have to use the same blade of the blender in grinder.

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Ama. You can find the digital version of the HR7761 manual here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hr7761_00/hr7761_00_dfu_eng.pdf. Soaked rice should be soft enough, but we'd advise to read it carefully about what can and can not be placed in the processor, blender or mini chopper. Hope this helps! :)
Kind regards, the Philips Australia Team.

Polydefkis P
Polydefkis Pasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Can i Use my philips food processor to remove only the skin of the potatoes?

gypsymaggie

Hi, not sure about removing skins off potatoes, this is an easy job when they have been boiled in their skins anyhow

Aphroditi Z
Aphroditi Z

Can I chop potatoes to be fried like the machine 7762 has slice for fried potatoes?

beezee
beezeeasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

My first attempt at using my new food processor failed. We plugged in the appliance, fitted the S blade and attempted to make cauliflower mash with pre cooked cauliflower. The bottom part was fine (very good consistency) but it all just jammed in the bottom and wouldn't budge. The top did not get processed at all and just sat there. I had thought it may be because I either put too much in (but we were still below max line on processor) or a lack of liquid. I don't really want to add more liquid or the mash would be too soggy. Any suggestions? Pretty disappointed as I have only a handful of tasks that I have purchased the item to complete - and cauliflower mash is one of them. We ended up having to do it in little bits and scrape down the sides continually. I think I could do it in the same time with a potato masher!

Sam

Hi Beezee, I have never heard of mashed cauliflower before so I googled this and found a video on how to do this in a food processor plus ingredients and a write up on how to do this in a food processor, mightn't be the same brand but should work in any food processor. I will try this myself looks good. Here's the link just click on this or just type this on top of your browser
Hope this helps

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and for your question. We're sorry to hear that your first experience with the food processor wasn't the best one. As pre-cooked cauliflower shouldn't be very hard, it's really odd that the device isn't mashing it properly. We do recommend to cut hard ingredients into smaller pieces and to use reduced amounts, but since we don't think that's the case here we'd like you to get in touch with our specialists. You can contact them via 1300 363 391 if you're in Australia, or via 0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand. We hope the matter will be resolved rather soon. :-)

Carlotta

I think lack of liquid is the problem, but understand your need not to make it too mushy. How about using one of the grating discs first? and then swapping it with the S disc?? I made some beetroot hummus today and had to add a bit of olive oil to get it working well. I was amazed at how quickly the S disc whips cream - you have to be very careful not to get butter. good luck!!
cheers

Kerrynasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

How does it do mash potatoes? Is there a video I can watch?

Carlotta

You'd have to be careful - the food processor is so effective that potatoes could quickly turn to glue - but I haven't used it for that yet!

Ok ta

Sam

Hi Kerryn, Here's a video on how to mash potatoes in your food processor just click on link if this doesn't work just type this on top of your browser https://youtu.be/57T9VyumXg0

Hope this helps

Leon Arundell
Leon Arundellasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hi Philips Australia Team.
Rather than ask people to individually contact the product specialists in your team, could you ask the product specialists whether the food processor bowl is microwave safe, and post the answer for all to see?

Philips S.Philips

Hey there, Leon. Sorry for the late reply. The food processor bowls are not microwavable. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We're happy to help. :)

Nhung
Nhungasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hello I purchased this viva collection food processor one month ago and have just found out that the chopper mill is not working; the attached blades would not spin at all. I don't know what is wrong with it; I end up using the blender to grind sesame seeds. It is under warranty but unfortunately I lost the receipt so that I cannot
return it to Target. I was wondering if I could just get a replacement for that one?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. We advise you to call us on 1300 363 391 (if you are based in Australia) for further assistance.

Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST
Saturdays: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm EST

Or you can always send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. We like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

See all Philips Viva Collection Food Processor questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Other Food Processors