Philips Viva Food Processor HR7762/90 (Black)

Philips Viva Food Processor HR7762/90 (Black) Questions & Answers

MPN: HR7762/90

32 questions from our users

Nguyen T.

Nguyen T.asked

Hello,

What is the maximum dough weight applicable for the processor?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Nguyen, thank you for you question. We advise not to exceed the maximum level indication on
the bowl or the jar of the Food Processor. Enjoy baking!

Watermelon smuggler

Watermelon smugglerasked

Can you please tell me if the Philips Viva HR7762/90 is suitable to grind chicken with bones for a cat's raw food diet? And if so, which blade should I use?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, that's a very interesting question. We advise you to get in touch with our local product team via this number: 1300 363 391. Alteratively, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare). We're there 24/7 to help. :)

Ray

Rayasked

Hello, I am planning to grind a wet mix or rice and lentil mix to make a batter for an Asian pancake. Do I use the mini chopper or can I use the larger jar? Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, Ray. Thank you for purchasing the Food processor. Regarding your question, we'd like you to get in touch with our local product team via 1300 363 391 for AU or 0800 658 224 for NZ. Perhaps they can advise you more on which part of the food processor to use. We hope to hear from you soon.

Drathir

Drathirasked

Hi

What is the difference between philips HR7762/00 and HR7762/90?

Philips S.Philips

Hey there, thanks for asking your question here. Unfortunately the HR7762/00 isn't available in Australia anymore. The difference is between the two is that the capacity of the bowl. Hope this has been helpful, and please, feel free to reach out again if we can assist you further.

Sha

Shaasked

Hi! Has anyone tried making cauliflower rice with the Philips HR7762/90 food processor? This is one of the main items that I’ll be planning to make so any feedback will be much appreciated.

gypsymaggie
gypsymaggie

Hi Sha, I would try one of the insert discs for granulating, shredding, etc, good luck with cauliflower rice

Firsthomebuyerasked

How do i use the unit to mix dough and then knead it? And what can the mini chopper be used for?

Sam

Hi Firsthomebuyer, This video will show you how to use this. If you cannot click on link just type this address on top of your browser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puv7pxl_w8E
As I have not used the plastic blade to knead and make Bread or Pizza dough etc. you can Google some recipes, just type this in (small 2L food processor recipes). As I have not used the mini chopper, as the instructions that comes with this unit has no recipes on how each item is used. Just says do not use hard ingredients like ice cubes, nutmeg & Chinese rock sugar in mini chopper. I guess use soft ingredients like onions, tomatoes, parsley, avocados etc to make dips, also this can be used as a Grinder like coffee beans etc.

Hope this helps

MsFrab

MsFrabasked

Hello, I cannot get the blender to work. Am I doing something wrong? The food processor part works well. I have assembled the blender as per instructions. The purple blade into the bottom of the blender, place blender on top and lock in, put food in (have tried on and off) put lid on and lock into position. Turn power on at wall then turn control to 1 = nothing. Yet I used the bottom part with the smaller unit to chop parsley and it worked. What am I doing wrong. Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It does seem like you're following the right steps to use the blender, so we'd like to have our product specialists look into this further to see what's going wrong. You're able to reach them on: 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand.

Laura

Lauraasked

HI, Does the HR7762 come with a recipe book? If not, is there a website for recipes? Thank you, Laura

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We do not have a recipe book for our Viva Collection Food processor. However, on our website you can find an array of recipes: http://bit.ly/2jJOQS9. Scroll down to 'Appliances' and select 'Food Processor'.

If you have any other questions about your device, you can always contact us via Facebook or Twitter.

Have a great day, Laura!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Lanny
Lanny

No it does not come with a recipe book. The other frustrating thing is that it does not come with good instructions on what to use each blade for, there is only a small panel of pictures with drawings of fruit and nuts etc, hard to tell what it the best use for each blade.

Zuzette

Zuzetteasked

exactly what can I use the mini mill for?
Zuzette

Hi Zuzette,

Thank you for your question! You can use the mini chopper to chop coffee beans, peppercorns, nuts, herbs or dried fruits for example. If you have more questions, we have a copy of the manual right here for you: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hr7762_90/hr7762_90_dfu_aen.pdf. Happy cooking!

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

ujiasked

my model is hr7759.I want to make almond butter using the food processor. can I put in 4 cups of almond at a time then process it for 5 mins non stop then stop to cool down d machine then continues processing it? is this the correct amound of almond and time to process it -5'mins at a time? thanks

uji

tried it today. use 4 cups of roasted almond and process it for 2 mins. the motor gets heated easily n takes a LONG time to cool down, I rest it for 6 mins. continue process for another 2 mins. overall it takes 6 mins to make almond butter but 18 mins to rest d machine. I stop it 3 times to avoid overheating d motor. still 6 mins is not enough to rest it as I feel d motor still warm.since this is my first time using d newly purchased fp, im curious whether it is normal for d machine to take only 2 mins to get too warm. I read others can process their fp until 10 mins . im not going to risk it. is my machine faulty?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Uji, thank you for your question. If you really want to grind the almonds down to a spreadable paste, then we would recommend adding some form of liquid to help this process along. It doesn’t sound like your food processor is faulty. This also helps against the overheating, as it could be that because of the oil in the almonds and the coarseness of them that the machine really has to work too hard.

It might also be a good idea to try this in the mini chopper, as that’s the extension we would recommend for ingredients like nuts, coffee beans, peppercorns and other dried herbs and spices.

George

Georgeasked

Philips HR7762/90 - I have this model but not sure which disc grates cheese?I used one of the blades and the cheese was grated too small.

I had an earlier model before but someone threw out the cheese grating disk, so purchased this one to replace the old unit.

Carolyn

Hey George,

Thank you for your query. You can find the matching disc for grating cheese in the manual: http://philips.to/2e0VOfw

If this doesn't help, please give us a call at 1300 363 391 and our agents are happy to inform you further.

Sushi

Sushiasked

Hi,

My brand new Philips food processor wont start !!! http://manuals.appliancesonline.com.au/hr776290/hr776290.pdf

Just cant figure out why!! The power is on , there isnt any loose connection. What else can I possibly do ?
Can someone please help?

Regards

Hi Sushi,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Product Review. Congratulations with the purchase of your new Philips device!

We'd like to assist you with your Food Processor. After you've connected the power plug to the power supply, did you try to select speed mode 1? If this doesn't do the trick, your Food Processor might be faulty.

Could you please give us a call at 1300 363 391? If you'd prefer to talk to us on social media, we can also assist you on Facebook and Twitter @PhilipsCare.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Brian

Brianasked

Why am I unable to buy a replacement blender jar for my Phillips processor HR7762, itis still being sold, iI think it appalling that as a relatively new appliance it is now unusable. Please give me your opinion on this?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble to find a new blender jar. Could you please give us a call at 1300 363 391? Our agents might be able to help you in your search for a replacement.

Tanu

Tanuasked

Can I make dough with one of the attachments ?

Firsthomebuyer

Yes you can but i haven't tried it yet

Katerina

Katerinaasked

Halo, I was wondering whether I can use this machine for nut butter making. I already saw a question about almond butter, but will this cutter handle such consistent use for nut butters? (I have already burnt 2 cheap multi cutters and I am considering making a good investment for this use)

Grimace
Grimace

Hi Katerina ... The blade is pretty good but the body is average ... I have been using it to make all sorts of dips ... I have good minor cracks in the small jar but it still works fine .... I guess if u r not using too hard nuts stuff like a nutmeg , it should be fine . I also grind spices in this like chilled

hsk

hskasked

Is the blender pba free? Hr 7762/00 model.

Hi there.

Could you kindly supply us with your contact details through a private message? Our product specialists would like to reach out to you directly about this. Thanks.

Nathan O
Nathan O

Did you mean BPA?

The bowl is made of SAN plastic which is so far considered the safe by most of the websites I looked at. The shaft is made of glass fibre reinforced PA (Nylon). The PA would be food grade and probably is safe too. The lid on the blender is made of PP which some people have concerns over. The lid on the chopper blow is also SAN plastic.

Penny
Penny

Is this bpa free?

Duckworth

Duckworthasked

Hi! The black screw like thing and the cap of the jar both broke off while I was chopping eggplant in it. My machine is about 10 months old. Can I get a replacement of the broken parts?

Emily W
Emily W

Go onto the philips website: https://www.philips.com.au/c-m/consumer-support
The online chat people helped me out when I needed a replacement part.

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, what a shame to hear your a part of your food processor broke down! If you're from Australia, please reach out to us at 1300 363 391, and we'd be happy to see what we can do for you. Kind regards, Philips Social Care

Asha Prabhakar

Asha Prabhakarasked

HI, I am planning to buy this food processor .But I will be travelling back to India nxt year , is philips service available there?
Asha

Hello there,

Thanks for your interest! In India you will find this product in the following retailers: AppliancesOnline, Harvey Norman and Target.

Please let us know if you run into any other questions. You can always find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy your travels to India!

Philips Social Care

Willianhvp

Willianhvpasked

Hi Guys
Is this good with chicken cooked ? how about nuts ?
please let me know
cheers

Philips S.Philips

Hi Willian, that should be no problem. However, do make sure to use the mini chopper only!

Zhen Liang

Zhen Liangasked

Hi, can it julienne meat? Do I need to cut potatoes into pieces before I put them into the machine? Please help me since I never use food processor before. Thanks.

Ineke48
Ineke48

I am sorry but I don't work for Philips. You should contact one of their representatives. Good luck. Ineke

Hi Zhen Liang,

You can only use the Julienne disc with vegetables only the blade unit can be used with meat. Yes, you may cut potatoes into pieces so it will fit through the feeding tube. To know more about the unit, you may visit the link below:

Thank you.

See all Philips Viva Collection Food Processor questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives