Philips Viva Food Processor HR7762/90 (Black)

Philips Viva Food Processor HR7762/90 (Black) (page 2 of 3)

MPN: HR7762/90

Vanessa

VanessaAvoca Beach

Worked for about 3 months

I bought this food processor in February as it was a Choice 'Recommended Product. I had only used it a few times but within about 3-4 months the motor would spin the blade around but wasn't crumbing bread crusts. Just spun them around without cutting them. Have sent it back to Appliances Online and still waiting for my refund. Now on the hunt for a new decent food processor. Why is it so hard?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

genXreviewer

genXreviewerSydney, NSW

great little machine! lasted 3 years

it looked good, it was cheap to purchase, and lasted a fair while (for appliances these days).
it wasnt as powerful as it could have been, and it got stressed out blending almonds up, but for the price I think it was very reasonable.
yes i was never clear on what the other attachments did, but I could have worked it out with someone more experienced at cooking than myself

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Philips S.Philips

Thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing the valuable feedback. If you ever want to discuss the issue further, please call us on 1300 363 391.

TrancosoBrisbane

It says blander can be used with ice - but it can't ! I am replacing jar for the fourth time

If you plan to use the blender with frozen fruits for milkshake like me you better find another one - I am now replacing leaking jar for the fourth time. Always break in the same point - very fragile plastic. They really should say it is not suitable for ice or frozen stuff (e.g. strawberries). Anyone know if is possible to replace plastic jar with glass jar?

Philips support disappointing

This is my first food processor and the manual that come with it is not helpful. I have no idea what i can do with each attachment this comes with. Its advertised as having 28 + functions but when i ask Philips what they are they cant tell me. So far i have made fries with the attachment and works ok , crushed biscuits for a dessert and made smoothies for breakfast and seems to be ok

Firsthomebuyer

Thanks. That diagram is just not helpful. How do I know what vegetables are used for each blade? And what each disc can do?

Grimace

Grimacesydney

Good but could have been better

I have been using this for over a year. Its good but the plastic quality is bad. The blender jar broke after falling on the floor and the the other small jar is also showing cracks.If you are not looking for something long lasting then this is ok.The blade is good.

arya

aryaMelbourne

Super useful but difficult to store

Love this unit and can't live without it! Have used almost all the functions and blades it comes with. It works well, and the blender and mini processor is a huge bonus for me and space saver in the kitchen.
Only downside for me is the size - which is understandable due to its multifunctionality - but it does make it hard to store in a small kitchen.
Usage-wise however it is a lifesaver and if mine breaks down after a couple of years, I will buy the same one from Phillips!

Was a gift

My good friend in which I bought this for is so rapt-she loves this appliance. A good cook deserves a good appliance-can only enhance.
Just so happy that I cut her preparation time into slivers. Makes me smile every time when she tells me how unreal it is to use it.

Philips S.Philips

Good food processor and blender

We loved this food processor / blender / milling combo. I'd regularly use the blender to make smoothies during summer. It's powerful enough to blend ice. Unfortunately, a few months ago I accidentally put some whiskey stones into the blender and it broke the blade attachment. I would have really liked to purchase spare parts so I could use the blender again, but I looked online and the new blade would cost half as much to purchase the entire set again. It lasted two years. I wasn't having any trouble with it - though you had to double check you'd put the blade attachment into the blender properly otherwise it would leak. A shame I broke it.

Stacey
Stacey

Thank you for your swift response to my review! Wow. I'll call you.

Okay...but

Bought this processor few months ago..I cant use the main blender due to leaky blade stem..I have tried to contact the seller, as its still under warranty..but haven't got any positive reply..hopefully Philips can replace that part. I would recommend this product if Philips's customer care can sort this out soon.

Mel

I've contacted Philips Customer Care & they listened to my concerns. Sent all the docs and pics as requested. Promised to send a replacement. Waiting for that to turn up.

Mel

I've received the replacement blade today..
Thanks to customer care..!
I would recommend this product to anyone who wants after sales services as well.

Louise H

Louise HLondon

Amazing Machine But..

I love this food processor, it's very powerful and diverse but my tool holder broke at the top when chopping potatoes with one of the discs..
Only had the machine for a little over 6 months now, but it's on Amazon. I still use the blender part everyday.
Very disappointing that I can't find replacement tools anywhere on the Philips website though for the tool holder.

Blender leaking. good only for 2 years

At the beginning we were quite happy about the machine (HR7762/90), but after 2 years (mixing only fruit smoothies, no ice or any hard products) the blender knife started to leak. I contacted Philips support in France and asked if I could buy the broken part. Their answer- no, I should send machine to repair and it would cost 85 EUR (crazy! price of new machine is 72-75 EUR). Very disappointing...

Irina
Irina

Hello, here is my number : 50-0000509852. Thank you for any possible help.

Philips S.Philips

Wow, that was quick. ;). We will forward it to the right contacts in France and they will have a look into this. You will hear from us at the soonest. Thanks Irina!

How could I live without it?

Dear productrevew.com.au,

I live in Slovakia Europe and you helped me to make up my mind and buy this product. It is great - I use it every day and it does its job perfect. It is powerful, quiet, not too big and relative cheap. I recommend this for 100%.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we're very pleased to hear you're so happy with our product and would like to thank you for giving us this valuable feedback. Happy cooking! Kind regards, Philips Webcare.

Drnda
Drnda

Dear friends, I must say that after almost every day using I am still happy with it. Very useful reliable product.
Thanks a lot Phillips

JennybeeYandina

Good product but disappointed

I really like this food processor but am very disappointed that, in less than 2 years, the blender knife has started to leak through the 'screw' that attaches the blades to the bottom part (not very technical!). It now rubs against the base unit and has scratched it. Also, if I try to blend nuts it actually now undoes the blades from the blender jar and the nuts go everywhere. I gather this is happening because it is dragging against the base unit and causing it to come undone.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jenny, thank you for writing your review. We would like to investigate your case, could you please give us a call at 1300 363 391? Thanks!

Jennybee

I would like to thank Philips for replacing the blender knife despite the fact the my warranty period had expired. Great service, Philips!

Philips S.Philips

We're glad to hear everything got resolved for you Jenny!

Cathy K

Cathy K

I love it

This unit is perfect for me. I use it everyday either for either the blender or processor (or both). This was a Christmas gift from my daughter and I love it.

Philips S.Philips

That's great to hear, Cathy! Have fun blending :-)

French

FrenchSydney

Excellent customer service

I recently purchased this food processor and it has done everything i have tried from grating to smoothies to grinding coffee and making fresh curry paste. I can't fault it especially for the price. I also lost the main spindle inside the processor and phillips have sent a replacement free of charge!

Chubbeh

ChubbehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value for light usage

Alex S.Philips

Thanks for taking the time to write the review, especially valuable as you've used the appliance for several months! Philips.

VernonCook
VernonCook
barrywalkeruk
barrywalkeruk

My Blender is unusable because the plastic bit underneath the blade fell to pieces.

bellabel

bellabelAustralia

Its cheap price is deceiving

Love this. This was listed as number 2 or 3 in Choice Magazine's review and I was skeptical as it was so much cheaper than the others. Scored it on special at Harvey Norman for $98.
Was looking for something to do everything without the huge price tag; chop, slice, milkshakes, grate parmesan, beat cake mixes. This machine supposedly does it all (separate bowls) though Id be weary about doing dough as it is quite a light machine. Beats egg whites to perfection!
It doesnt take up a lot of space on the benchtop if you can store the accessories elsewhere.
I agree with the other reviews regarding hard to read manual. I disagree about some reviews and the Choice review about noise - its not invasive, it just makes the noise of a blender.

JosieJo2000

JosieJo2000Perth, WA

Excellent food processor for the price

Nice little unit

Sandeep
Sandeep

Hi, Mainly, I would be making dough for indian bread. Is it a good choice for that?Also, I am worried about the locking mechanism of this product .. how does it function? Is "locking of lid" working properly for you?

Eva G.Philips

binnie04

binnie04NSW, 2259

Essential item for kitchen

We have used this food processor on a regular basis and has not let us down. It's easy to clean and easy to operate! Was very affordable for the quality of the processor. It has many attachments included. The instruction book wasn't fantastic but the attachments are easy enough to work out.
Simple to use
More informative booklet would have been helpful

See all Philips Viva Collection Food Processor reviews

Watermelon smuggler

Watermelon smugglerasked

Can you please tell me if the Philips Viva HR7762/90 is suitable to grind chicken with bones for a cat's raw food diet? And if so, which blade should I use?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, that's a very interesting question. We advise you to get in touch with our local product team via this number: 1300 363 391. Alteratively, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare). We're there 24/7 to help. :)

Ray

Rayasked

Hello, I am planning to grind a wet mix or rice and lentil mix to make a batter for an Asian pancake. Do I use the mini chopper or can I use the larger jar? Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, Ray. Thank you for purchasing the Food processor. Regarding your question, we'd like you to get in touch with our local product team via 1300 363 391 for AU or 0800 658 224 for NZ. Perhaps they can advise you more on which part of the food processor to use. We hope to hear from you soon.

Drathir

Drathirasked

Hi

What is the difference between philips HR7762/00 and HR7762/90?

Philips S.Philips

Hey there, thanks for asking your question here. Unfortunately the HR7762/00 isn't available in Australia anymore. The difference is between the two is that the capacity of the bowl. Hope this has been helpful, and please, feel free to reach out again if we can assist you further.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryFood Processors