Philips Viva Collection Food Processor

Philips Viva Collection Food Processor (page 3 of 6)

HR7762/90 (Black), HR7761/00 (White), HR7769/00 (Stainless Steel), etc...

• Product is used
  • Safety
Pauline
PaulineGold Coast

Handy machine to use for fast food preparation and smoothies

I find the Philips Viva Food Processor a great help when I make my smoothies and salads. It saves me time and does the job well. For the money I paid, it was well worth it since it is much cheaper than the other high end models in the market.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Janeo
JaneoMelbourne

Good value for money

I couldn't believe the prices for food processors when I first started looking. This on does everything you need it to do and more without breaking the bank! Have not had any issues, holds a reasonable volume of food and has lots and lots of different attachments to suit any need.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Ash
AshSydney, NSW

Good value for the versatility and small storage capacity

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Food Processors

Find out how Philips Viva Collection Food Processor compares to other Food Processors

Leon Arundell
Leon ArundellDowner 2602, ACT

A very useful, good value food processor

Date PurchasedMay 2017
AJ000South East Queensland, QLD

Good Product - fragile / below average quality parts

For the money you pay - it is a good overall package. Unfortunately, I must agree with few low scores/review as I too fount the the parts are very fragile and doesn't have much life. I have already had the grinder jar replaced last year. Now I have cracked and leaking blender jar. Even worse the Blade unit started leaking and it dripped liquid into my motor, it now has burning smell coming from motor and it has tripped my electricity few times. Now I am scared to use it as I don't wan't electrocution. I only realised after last few uses that the blade itself has started leaking liquid into my motor.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Philips S.Philips

Hmm that's not what we like to see AJ. We've just sent you a private to look into this further. Hope to hear from you!

The Philips Australia Team

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
FlorenciaQueensland, 4870

A waste of money

When you use it just for a few seconds, not even a minute, It smells like if it is burning. You can´t get the texture of the humus for example, or any creamy texture, the blades are very short.
Both of them, the processor and the blender are terrible. My boyfriend gave it as a present for Christmas and I know is not too expensive, but for 750 Watts of power I would have expected something at least decent.
I went to Target to give it back but I was exeded on the 28 days you have to do so, otherwise I would have to sent it to Sydney (I´m in Cairns) and its not worth it.
Everytime I use it (like now) I think " Such a waste of money!!"

Date PurchasedDec 2016
JACQUI
JACQUISouth East Queensland, QLD

so far am happy with the level of efficiency

With a baby in one hand the functions really help my other hand with food prep when making a meal. The grinder function is great for blending meat into a baby food. The size is not overwhelming for my small kitchen but is big enough to help me make a meal for 3 adults. If I could perfect anything it would be to make the container sections glass, have the small grating and slicing discs that attache to one big plastic disc change to several big discs and have a safety switch on machine rather than having to turn main power of at power point. I did get it on sale and so far I am happy with the level of efficiency.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Timmy Tonsil
Timmy TonsilNSW, 2024

Overall nearly 2 thumbs up

It slices, dices and shreds well. The coleslaw I made was so thin it was almost store quality. My only gripe and its a minor thing is that the bowl has been disengaging from the machine, which causes it to turn off. Its light weight and for the price could not be happier.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lanny
LannyBrisbane

Great value

This food processor performs well. Grates hard cheese slices leeks does biscuit crumbs. Very easy to use. Light weight makes it easy to move around the kitchen. Dishwasher proof. A good price for what you get. Would recommend to my friends. Even if it does not last long it is cheap enough to buy another

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Vanessa
VanessaAvoca Beach

Worked for about 3 months

I bought this food processor in February as it was a Choice 'Recommended Product. I had only used it a few times but within about 3-4 months the motor would spin the blade around but wasn't crumbing bread crusts. Just spun them around without cutting them. Have sent it back to Appliances Online and still waiting for my refund. Now on the hunt for a new decent food processor. Why is it so hard?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
genXreviewer
genXreviewerSydney, NSW

great little machine! lasted 3 years

it looked good, it was cheap to purchase, and lasted a fair while (for appliances these days).
it wasnt as powerful as it could have been, and it got stressed out blending almonds up, but for the price I think it was very reasonable.
yes i was never clear on what the other attachments did, but I could have worked it out with someone more experienced at cooking than myself

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Philips S.Philips

Thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing the valuable feedback. If you ever want to discuss the issue further, please call us on 1300 363 391.

TrancosoBrisbane

It says blander can be used with ice - but it can't ! I am replacing jar for the fourth time

If you plan to use the blender with frozen fruits for milkshake like me you better find another one - I am now replacing leaking jar for the fourth time. Always break in the same point - very fragile plastic. They really should say it is not suitable for ice or frozen stuff (e.g. strawberries). Anyone know if is possible to replace plastic jar with glass jar?

Philips support disappointing

This is my first food processor and the manual that come with it is not helpful. I have no idea what i can do with each attachment this comes with. Its advertised as having 28 + functions but when i ask Philips what they are they cant tell me. So far i have made fries with the attachment and works ok , crushed biscuits for a dessert and made smoothies for breakfast and seems to be ok

Firsthomebuyer

Thanks. That diagram is just not helpful. How do I know what vegetables are used for each blade? And what each disc can do?

Mohammed ShababWestern Australia

Jar Leakage (within 6 months)

I bought Phillips HR7769 food processor in July 2015 but it started leaking the jar within few months and when contacted the seller, they told the jar is not under warranty! Can anyone tell me if this machine is useful without the main jar? I mean the manufacturer should offer warranty to the jar also as its costing around 400 dhs in UAE.
I have decided not to buy any Phillips products ahead.

Mohammed Shabab

Best thing, Philips dealer has agreed to replace the jar free of cost. - update

Thank you !

Other Food Processors

Awesome Multi-functional Unit But...

Sar
Sarasked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hi, can i buy a julianne cutter for my hr7761?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. To give you an expert answer on this, we kindly advise that you contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Heshani H.
Heshani H.asked
Viva Food Processor HR7761/00 (White)

Hi, I just bought this food processor and in order to test the blender and the mini chopper it I put some water in and it immediately started leaking from the bottom. The blade does not fit well. Please advice

Saf Haque
Saf Haqueasked

Hi
We bought this processor last year (20.01.19) from target, however it stopped working recently.
Is this still covered under warranty (replacement/repair)
Saf

Hi there Saf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Good news! It should still be under warranty. We'd like to invite you to reach out us directly by phone at 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). You can also reach out to us on social media on Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or Facebook. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out. We hope to hear from you!

See all Philips Viva Collection Food Processor questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips Viva Collection Food Processor

Compare all 5 Philips Viva Collection Food Processor
CategoryFood ProcessorsFood ProcessorsFood ProcessorsFood Processors
Price (RRP) $159.00$129.00$199.00$169.00
Capacity2L2L2.1L
Dishwasher Safe PartsYesYesYes
Included Blade TypesGrating / Shredding and S- Shaped (standard)S- Shaped (standard) and Slicing DiscS- Shaped (standard) and Slicing Disc
Number of Speed Settings332
Cord Length1 m1 m
Dimensions 210 x 210 x 368 mm210 x 210 x 368 mm377 x 244 x 244 mm
Power750 W750 W800 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack