Philips HR7776/93

Philips HR7776/93 Questions & Answers

MPNs: 35905432 and HR7776/93

9 questions from our users

Sharynasked

I have an Philips Cucina HR7725 food processor. It's still going strong after almost 20 years of use. However I have broken the top of the cutting blade. Wondering if the replacement blades are still available?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sharyn, thank you for the question. That's quite the veteran you have right there - we'd recommend reaching out to our colleagues at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) - they will be happy to check this internally for you and hopefully find a solution. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Sharyn

Thanks for replying. Yes it is a veteran but don't want to throw it out if I can replace the blade. Works perfectly fine and I use it a lot. I will call them.

Katrina

Katrinaasked

Hi!
I was wondering if the issue of longevity is still a problem? I have had two Phillips food processors and both lasted about 3 years. The latest one is still good for mayo but not much else. If I buy another one can I use the blades from the previous model, especially the mayonnaise attachment. Just deciding whether to go another Phillips or try a brand that lasts longer. I hate throwing things out but love the machine. Thanks!

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Katrina. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us with your questions. All Philips products are built to last, but actual wear and tear can differ greatly between individual appliances (depending on many different factors). As for your question regarding the the compatibility, we would have to know both the different modelnumbers of the food processors you own in order to assess the compatibility of the old blades with the new processor. We'd recommend you reach out to us by phone (AU 1300 363 391, NZ 0800 658 224) so we can assist you more easily with this. Alternatively, you could reach out to us on one of our social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare), where we're available 24/7.

CuriousCook

CuriousCookasked

Is the dough hook able to make a crumble for pastries for example crumbing of flour and shortening?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you very much for being so interested. The dough hook is good for kneading yeast dough, pizza and pasta dough, rolls and buns. It's not particularly designed to make a crumble for pastries. Unfortunately so!

Hopefully, the future will bring the HR7776 a tool like that.

Regards,

Jacqueline Y

Jacqueline Yasked

Hi i have just purchased HR7776 and was wondering if it is possible to purchase and use extra parts for cutting on this model which come included with other models. For example can the disc for cutting thin and thick strips, included with HR7778 model be purchased separately and used in the HR7776 model?

Soverenstaff

Soverenstaffasked

Can i ask a question, my husband and i own one of these and we are very happy, but we have a debate on something about the performance of the machine and its longevity , so here's the question..

We make our own dog food, so we use carrots.

is the machine going to be stressed out more if you grate carrots or slice them?

My husband say if i grate carrots it will wear the machine out quicker and slicing them will make the machine last longer?.

Philips S.Philips

Good question! There are only winners in this debate, as both discs can be used to process carrot. So if you're either using the reversible shredding disc or the adjustable slicing disc, the machine shouldn't be stressed out. :-) If you need more assistance, you can reach out to us on 1300 363 391 if you're in Australia or 0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand.

Staffs
Staffs

Thank you , as I thought this would be the answer , I love the machine it grates the carrot with ease and I can do a 5 kg bag of carrots

HJD

HJDasked

Does this come with a grinder as well?

my review
my review

Yes it does.

Hi there,

A little late to the party perhaps, but we'd like to confirm the answer above: it does!

Pondka

Pondkaasked

Will this product, HR7776, able to make small batch of curry paste or peanut butter or pesto? What is the minimum quantity can it handle? Other brand has another small bowl to allow the small quantity. So it makes me doubt if Philips only have the large bowl.

Hi Pondka,

That's a very good question. Although there's no small bowl for this device, you should be able to make a small batch of pesto, curry paste or peanut butter in it. As we're not sure if there's a minimum quantity it can handle, we advise you to reach out to our product specialists. You can contact them on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand. They're more than willing to assist you further. Please know that you can always reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) as well.

Saha

Sahaasked

Hello. I have just bought a 7776 food processor with 1300w motor. I made dough and during mixing it vibrated alot. I kept it with my hand. Is it normal? And when I work with 5 or more level of power, I smell something like burning motor from the unit.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Saha, thanks for asking. Please call us on 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia). We take a situation like this very seriously and we like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Qudsia Inam

Qudsia Inamasked

i was using my philips food processor HR7769 ... when i finished chopping i tried to unlock my chopper but it was stuck.... i tried to open many time..still stuck awh .....what can i do know?????? please help me!!!! how can i open it??? help me to solve this problem

Chris M
Chris M

Sorry, but I am unsure. I suggest contacting the helpline in the instructions.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Qudsia, thank you for your question. We'd recommend getting in touch with us on the following number if you're located in Australia that would be on: 1300 363 391. You’re also free to contact us through social media. In any case we’d like to emphasize that it is important when the blades get stuck to unplug the device prior to getting the food out of there and clearing the path for the blades.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives