Philips Model HTL1180B Soundbar

Bought this from Kogan my second purchase from this company. The sound is better than I even expected. The surround sound works well with my Sony 55 inch TV with an optical cable I purchased from the warehouse for $8 all-in-all excellent. I would definitely purchase from Kogan again I have found them very helpful in all respects.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Hugo, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. That's very helpful for people that are considering the Soundbar. Glad to hear you're a fan. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good quality and value

Got this on special for under $100. For my TV setup (Kogan 55" curved screen) I had to purchase a separate optical cable for the connection. Works well, remote is easy to use. Sound is really clear. Haven't needed to try full volume yet as it's plenty loud enough for the 12 x 6 m shed I have I have it set up in. Very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Pete, thank you for writing this review. It's great to hear you find the HTL1180B so easy to use and you also like its sound. If there's ever anything you need help with, you can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. We'll then show you our service is just as important to us as our products. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

It no longer works!!! How unimpressive is that!

I purchased the Philips HTL1180B soundbar in February and had it installed in late April. By June 2017, it was not working at all. I am not a technician, but when no sound came out of the thing I stopped using it. I am exceedingly disappointed and definitely will not buy anything of this kind from Kogan again. I would prefer to go to a shop, where it will be easier to return faulty equipment.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi there, Anne. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the soundbar here, although we had hoped it would've been a better one. We'd like to look into this, and have sent you a private message asking for your contact details. This way we can connect you to our product specialists, who will look into a solution with you. We hope to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Much Improved sound

Had some difficulty which way was best to connect. RCA connection wasn't my first choice but easily managed the Optical cable option. The sound is clear, has a quality sound from an older TV. Since discovered a sub woofer is available. (Dick Smith)

Hi there. Thank you for your review. We are glad you feel that way and we really appreciate you taking the time to write down your experiences. Glad to hear you like it! Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThank you. I did forget to mention the remote could be improved by back lighting the keys or at least a led at the front of it. Find it difficult to use in a dark environmentThat's helpful! Thanks. Customer feedback is important to improve our products. :)

Is there a usb connecter thatcan make this soundbar Bluetooth enabled?
I really don't know what would make this soundbar work. I don't use it at all; it just sits on the shelf taking up room. A total waste of money. Do not buy one.Hi Shaun, That's a good question. As we're not entirely sure, we recommend to get in contact with our specialists. Please find them on Facebook or Twitter, or call on 1300 850 633 (AU) or 0800 639 953 (NZ). They will gladly talk through the possibilities with you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi Shaun, As the Philps guy says im not sure either. I use an optic cable and it works great. You could try looking on Utube there are a number of people that do use a, dongle type transmitter. But I'm sorry to say its all trial and error. Good luck. H. C.

CategorySoundbars