Philips HTL1180B

Philips HTL1180B

3.5

Hugo C.New Plymouth

Philips Model HTL1180B Soundbar

Bought this from Kogan my second purchase from this company. The sound is better than I even expected. The surround sound works well with my Sony 55 inch TV with an optical cable I purchased from the warehouse for $8 all-in-all excellent. I would definitely purchase from Kogan again I have found them very helpful in all respects.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
    PeteJ

PeteJMoranbah

Good quality and value

Got this on special for under $100. For my TV setup (Kogan 55" curved screen) I had to purchase a separate optical cable for the connection. Works well, remote is easy to use. Sound is really clear. Haven't needed to try full volume yet as it's plenty loud enough for the 12 x 6 m shed I have I have it set up in. Very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Anne

It no longer works!!! How unimpressive is that!

I purchased the Philips HTL1180B soundbar in February and had it installed in late April. By June 2017, it was not working at all. I am not a technician, but when no sound came out of the thing I stopped using it. I am exceedingly disappointed and definitely will not buy anything of this kind from Kogan again. I would prefer to go to a shop, where it will be easier to return faulty equipment.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    Soundbars

Find out how Philips HTL1180B compares to other Soundbars

kiwi842Central Queensland, QLD

Much Improved sound

Had some difficulty which way was best to connect. RCA connection wasn't my first choice but easily managed the Optical cable option. The sound is clear, has a quality sound from an older TV. Since discovered a sub woofer is available. (Dick Smith)

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Thank you for your review. We are glad you feel that way and we really appreciate you taking the time to write down your experiences. Glad to hear you like it!

Kind regards,
    The Philips Australia Team

kiwi842

Thank you. I did forget to mention the remote could be improved by back lighting the keys or at least a led at the front of it. Find it difficult to use in a dark environment

Philips S.Philips

That's helpful! Thanks. Customer feedback is important to improve our products. :)

lonleyladasked

where can I obtain a remote for the htl1180b

Hugo C.

Ebay have got them. Just go to E Bay site and put htl1180b in the find window.

lonleylad

none on ebay suit this model ,

Hugo C.

Have you tried Phillips support.

Shaun

Shaunasked

Is there a usb connecter thatcan make this soundbar Bluetooth enabled?

Anne

I really don't know what would make this soundbar work. I don't use it at all; it just sits on the shelf taking up room. A total waste of money. Do not buy one.

Hi Shaun,

That's a good question. As we're not entirely sure, we recommend to get in contact with our specialists. Please find them on Facebook or Twitter, or call on 1300 850 633 (AU) or 0800 639 953 (NZ). They will gladly talk through the possibilities with you!

Kind regards,
    The Philips Australia Team

Hugo C.

Hi Shaun, As the Philps guy says im not sure either. I use an optic cable and it works great. You could try looking on Utube there are a number of people that do use a, dongle type transmitter. But I'm sorry to say its all trial and error. Good luck. H. C.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives