Philips HTL2193B/79

MPNs: HTL2193B and PHI-HTL2193B

Cobra

CobraElizabeth Grove, SA

Great sound

The soundbar produces great warm immersive sound. But there is a major downside, the soundbar doesn't handle silence from a digital source well at all. If there is silence you won't get any sound for a second afterwards so you miss the beginning of sentences. Such a shame too because the sound is really great.

Purchased in December 2018.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Music

Irish

IrishMid North Coast, NSW

Now thats a surprise!

Having recently purchased a new HD 65"Tv and a new Blu Ray 4 k DVD player I needed to complete the package
Being on a limited budget I searched the internet reviews and realised that the range available is vast with prices to match Hence I talked to my local retailer and have been surprised as to how easy the product was to assemble and the sound after a bit of trial and error is great for only $299.00
I have done a bit of TV/ DVD binging and can say it really makes a difference
No problem recommending this to anyone wanting to buy in this price range I recon I got a bargain!

Purchased in August 2019 at Bi-Rite Electrical for $299.00.

Sarah S.

Sarah S.Northeast, VIC

Great sound quality

The sound quality is above expected for this soundbar as it was on the cheaper end of things. Very easy to set up and use. Does turn off after a certain amount of time with no sound which can be a little annoying when you've left your show on pause for a bit.

Purchased in December 2017 at Kogan.com for $216.20.

peter

peterIllawarra, NSW

Great unit!

I purchased this unit for my son for Christmas, very easy to setup with HDMI cable (not supplied) and connects via Bluetooth also. Not knowing much my son had this connected in seconds and the sound is amazing. He connects his phone via Bluetooth and can play his music from his phone very loudly. The sound is clear and crisp with nice bass tones even when turned up to max. I would recommend paying a little more for the 3.1 its great.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Peter, we're glad to hear that you and your son are so keen on the sound and ease of use of the Soundbar speaker. Thanks for sharing this with us and enjoy the rest of your week!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Alistair

AlistairVictoria, 3029

Good unit for the price

Having looked for a while I found this unit on Kogan.com
It was one of the mid-priced units and had good specs. All in all it does the job with good quality sound - but the sub is quite weak, and there is no "self start" function - i.e. when you turn the TV on, even though it is connected via optical cable, you have to press another button to get it going

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi, Alistair, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Soundbar with us. We appreciate the feedback and we'll make sure to share it with the relevant department. Once again, thanks! :-)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

htl2193b

although i am fairly satisfied with the performance of this unit , I have one concern. I feel the unit should self start or initiate the previous settings when a signal is received in the morning instead of having to use two remotes to turn the tv on an the other remote to turn the sound on, annoying

Date PurchasedMar 2017

NNN8487

NNN8487Sydney, NSW

Good entry level soundbar

Purchased in October 2016.

Voice / Dialogue