Philips HU4803/70

MPN: HU4803/70

David Han

David HanVictoria

Impossible to find replacement filters, only 1 expensive option

Purchased in January 2019 for $150.00.

NG_Sydney

NG_SydneySydney, NSW

Hard to find Filters

It is really hard to get filters for this, which as Philips themselves state need to be regularly replaced.
Philips, please don't actively sell an item if you are not going to support it. You can't buy the filters on your site and it is very poorly stocked in Australia if at all.
This makes the product effectively useless once you need to replace the filter.
Due to filter supply issue I can't recommend this product.

Purchased in July 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. You can find the filter for the HU4803/70 on this page: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/FY2401_30/humidification-filter. We hope this information helps you!

LES ROSS

LES ROSSKimberley, WA

Does exactly as I expected

The water where I live is full of calcium which clogs everything, so I buy 10lt water from coles $4 big deal it lasts about a month $1 a week and it doesn't clog the filters

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $169.00.

Humidifiers

Find out how Philips HU4803/70 compares to other Humidifiers

Can't find filter replacement in australia

Have been using it for a year now. It is good and effective in general but finding the filter replacement is almost impossible. Baffled why the machine is still being sold but can hardly find the filter replacement. How is that going to work?

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $169.00.

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The room feels fresh with Philip Humidifier

Air feels fresh and moist in the room. This is perfect for the room but not sure if it's sufficient for the living area I mean by size of the room. Normally I operate with auto mode, and set for 8 hrs every evening.

Purchased in October 2019 for $149.00.

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Might work for very small rooms?

Purchased in August 2019 for $169.00.

Margarita

MargaritaMelbourne

Could be better

I bought the humidifier for my dry skin. I placed it in my bedroom and it's on all the time. After using it for a few months I don't really see much of a difference. It requires refill at least once a day (and more often on the higher modes). At night time I can't set it so that no light is visible, even the weakest mode has a small blue light on, so I can see the the glow in the corner of the room. Overall, not so happy with it.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

FionaAdelaide

It's just ok, but noisy

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dustin_Chen

Dustin_Chenasked

Seems like very hard to find a replacement filter,
does it work without the filter?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Dustin, thank you for your question. We do not recommend operating the humidifier without a filter, since the dust particles in the air can damage the appliance. If you need any help finding a replacement filter, please feel free to get in touch with us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Scotty A.

Scotty A.asked

Can you use essential oils with this product?

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for you question here. We would advise against using anything other than water in the HU4803/70 humidifier. So you can also use mineral water, or any sort of potable water, but no essential oils. Hope this helps. :)

Cannie C.

Cannie C.asked

I bought this humidifier because I was suffering sore throat from low humidity, however, am very disappointed that this device stops working as soon as it detects humidity above 70% even on manual mode. It does not indicate this on the box that it gives restricted usage, and I feel like on the days when I need to add more moisture to the room despite the humidity being at 70% or above I cannot do so, which totally defeats the purpose of me purchasing this device in the first place. Total fail.

Fiona

Yeah, it's true. You can get a cheap humidifier from ebay that fits your purpose (which I did and used it more often). I regret to get this product :(

Philips S.Philips

Hi Cannie. Thanks for sharing this with us. Your Philips Humidifier is designed to automatically switch off once the 70% RH (Relative Humidity) level is reached. The reason for this is that research has shown humidity above 70% is not comfortable for users. We can understand this is inconvenient in your case, so we'd recommend reaching out to our colleagues at: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand. This way they can see how to further assist with this.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryHumidifiers