Philips HU4803/70

Philips HU4803/70

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Might work for very small rooms?

Purchased in August 2019 for $169.00.

Margarita

MargaritaMelbourne

Could be better

I bought the humidifier for my dry skin. I placed it in my bedroom and it's on all the time. After using it for a few months I don't really see much of a difference. It requires refill at least once a day (and more often on the higher modes). At night time I can't set it so that no light is visible, even the weakest mode has a small blue light on, so I can see the the glow in the corner of the room. Overall, not so happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

FionaAdelaide

It's just ok, but noisy

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Cannie C.

Cannie C.asked

I bought this humidifier because I was suffering sore throat from low humidity, however, am very disappointed that this device stops working as soon as it detects humidity above 70% even on manual mode. It does not indicate this on the box that it gives restricted usage, and I feel like on the days when I need to add more moisture to the room despite the humidity being at 70% or above I cannot do so, which totally defeats the purpose of me purchasing this device in the first place. Total fail.

Fiona

Yeah, it's true. You can get a cheap humidifier from ebay that fits your purpose (which I did and used it more often). I regret to get this product :(

Philips S.Philips

Hi Cannie. Thanks for sharing this with us. Your Philips Humidifier is designed to automatically switch off once the 70% RH (Relative Humidity) level is reached. The reason for this is that research has shown humidity above 70% is not comfortable for users. We can understand this is inconvenient in your case, so we'd recommend reaching out to our colleagues at: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand. This way they can see how to further assist with this.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

DanielC

DanielCasked

I recently purchased this Phillips Humidifier for a small bedroom, the RH% is always on 66-67 since buying it (only one day) is there a reason why? I troubleshot and the filter is fitted correctly, appears to be working but RH% does not change at all even though on the settings I have it set for high, 40, still no change in RH%.

Can someone explain why this is please?

Thank you.

Fiona

The number indicates is the ambient RH, so if you set it to be 40, the humidifier maynot function as the ambient RH is higher than your desired RH.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Daniel, thanks for your question. We'd be happy to look into this further for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryHumidifiers