Philips L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

Philips L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now

4.3

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
ElSak

ElSakVictoria

Nice coffee - Not so nice milk

I enjoy the coffee the pods produce, however the milk frother froths the milk way too thick. Okay for cappuccino-style coffee, but not for a latte. 1/4 milk and 3/4 froth.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$180.00.

Khrome

KhromeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Coffee is good...milk frother not so good.

No complaints about the quality of coffee. I do like using the larger pods so I can make coffee for my partner and myself at the same time.
Now for the bad. The milk frother is unusable. All I get is a pile of froth with no milk to pour. It doesn't matter how much milk I put in it, it just becomes total froth. The Nescafe machine I previously used, had two different attachments. One for a small bit of froth for a latte and another attachment for more froth for a cappuccino. In fact I have gone back to using this frother and the L'OR one is packed away.
Fix the frother and you'd have a good machine.

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$150.00.

Kathleen P.

Kathleen P.South East Queensland, QLD

This is un-livewithoutable

Absolutely love this coffee machine! I love the ability to choose what pods I want to use. I love I can use my zarraffa pods as well! It makes a nice hot coffee and frothy milk!

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for A$129.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Philips L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90 compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

james m.

james m.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best coffee machine ever!!!

This is my 4th machine and finally one that works straight out of the box. Great capsules and the ability to use Nespresso capsules an added bonus. Makes just perfect coffee for me each and every time.

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$235.00.

SydneyPaula

SydneyPaulaPenrith

Tricky

Purchased in December 2019 at Costco NSW for A$149.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Paula, thank you for sharing your experience. We happy to hear you enjoy using the Barista Latte machine and always appreciate the feedback from our customers.

James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Machine and Great Coffee to Boot

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for A$199.00.

TompataeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect coffee every time!

I love this machine it is so easy to use and the coffee is amazing, perfect every time! If as suggested in the instructions you run a shot of hot water into your cup before inserting a pod then the coffee temperature is definitely hot, a perfect drinking temperature.
I bought my machine from Myer and was so impressed that I bought one for my son and his wife who also find it fantastic, so quick and easy to make a great morning coffee, I always want a second cup!

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for A$211.00.

Tompatae

The aluminium pods are easy to recycle, Planet Ark have many collection points at florists etc. I scoop out the coffee grains and compost them, rinse the pod, when stacked together they take up very little space.

Tony8029

Tony8029Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible coffee

I have been a fan of L'or pods over the years so these machines are a big disappointment.

Not only was the coffee lukewarm, it had a very burned taste to it.

This might be a matter of trying different pod flavors however the machine should be hotter than this - lukewarm at best.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$140.00.

TheBlackElegance

TheBlackEleganceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

All-in-one modern, sophisticated and affordable coffee machine

On first impression, the coffee machine looks so elegant and sophisticated. It is compact which makes it a good addition to even the smallest of kitchen spaces. It has the option of doing double expressos which is amazing and is also an affordable machine, with a selection of capsules that vary in flavour and coffee intensity.

Purchased in March 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Great to hear you're happy with our Barista Latte machine! Thanks so much for sharing this and enjoy your double espressos to the fullest. ;-)

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Hollybrown90

Hollybrown90Hobart, TAS

Love this machine!

Wow! The machine looks so sleek and refined in our kitchen. It’s so easy to use, quiet and fast! Consistent coffee and temperature every time! Great range of capsule flavours!

Purchased in June 1990.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Holly. Thanks for sharing your review here. It's nice to see that you love the design this much. :) We're sure it helps that it also makes a great cup of coffee. ;)

Kinds regards,

Justin B

Justin BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My morning ritual!

Thought the coffee machine was very easy to use! The coffee came out fantastic. Perfect for early mornings! The capsules are double shot, which was perfect for me as I love a double shot latte.

Purchased in February 2019 at Feminine Mysteries for A$299.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Justin. Thanks for sharing your review here. We're happy to hear that the Barista Latte has enriched your mornings. :) Hopefully it will keep you this satisfied for some time to come.

Kinds regards,

SJSJ

SJSJPerth, WA

Stylish machine which makes great coffee.

This machine is beautiful! It is sleek and stylish and looks wonderful on my kitchen bench. The gold on black gives it a look of luxury. I really liked that the machine was so easy to use. It simply required taking out of the box. Nothing to assemble or put together. Very easy to use.
The coffee tastes great, and is of high quality for a home brew product. There are many flavours to suit all tastes and even the decaf makes for great drinking.
Unfortunately, I did not receive a machine with a milk frother. I think the frother would be a perfect partner to the machine. Overall, I recommend this machine. Its ability to brew two coffees at a time is so handy and the price is not too high.
(I did receive a reward for my review)

Purchased in March 2019.

See all Philips L'OR Barista Latte reviews

pcameron64

pcameron64asked

L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

The capsule loading mechanism is jamming when opening to either load or eject capsule - is this reparable or parts available?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your question. We'd love to take a closer look at that for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ).

jgl123

jgl123asked

L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

Hi, I was just wondering - what's the purpose of the grey plastic tool that was included in the box (15 cm long handle with scraper/wedge on the end)?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks fro asking. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. We advise you to contact our product experts directly via the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

Suzyasked

Hi guys,
Any reason you haven't introduced hot chocolate pods or which ones would be compatible with my L'OR Barista :)

Philips S.Philips

Hi Suzy, thank you for reaching out to us here.

We'd like to refer you to our product specialists for more information. You can reach them directly on 0800 836 761 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help. :)

Tompatae

Any Nespresso* compatible hot chocolate capsules will fit the L’OR machines and are available in supermarkets.
When I make hot chocolate I just use the milk heater/frother on my L’OR to heat the milk and use regular drinking chocolate powder in the mug, just as easy as a capsule and cheaper.

Thanks for that :)

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare all 2 Philips L'OR Barista Latte