Philips L'OR Barista Latte

Philips L'OR Barista Latte Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

LM8014/60, LM8018/90

29 questions from our users

cranky 1asked

L'OR Barista Latte

our lor barista is noisy when hot water is running through to pre heat a cup. it smells of burning wire.it is also noisy when brewing a coffee. what should I do

what should we do

cranky 1

awaiting an answer to our query

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here! We'r sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with the L'OR Barista Latte. Of course, this is not supposed to happen, so we'd very much like to have a close look at this. Would you mind getting in touch with us via 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ)? We're hoping to be in touch with you again soon.

Ren

Renasked

L'OR Barista Latte

This a very simple question ,,how can this machine be award winner for 2020 when its november 2019 ?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to follow the below link for more info:

Hope this clarifies. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

A Fosterasked

L'OR Barista Latte

Can you please advise all compatible coffee pods for this machine? Thank you :)

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for the question - the L'OR Barista coffee machine has been designed to work with L’OR Espresso single-shot capsules and L’OR Barista double-shot capsules, as well as with Nespresso capsules and aluminum capsules from coffee brands produced by Jacobs Douwe Egberts, such as Douwe Egberts, JACOBS, Jacqmotte, Jacques Vabre, Grand Mère, L'OR, Marcilla, Moccona, Saimaza and Senseo. We hope this answers your question!

Kind Regards,

A Foster

Thank you for this information. Have a great day :)

M Cookasked

L'OR Barista Latte

I would like to know why my milk froth machine that is attached to the coffee machine will only do one lot of milk for one coffee, then if I try and do another amount of milk the button flashes and will not turn on then it stops flashing. What’s going on? Is it over heated? Why can I not make a couple of coffees.

Tonidee
Tonidee

Are you filling the container all the way to the line? That should froth enough for two.

M Cook

Yes I am filling to max line, but it is not enough for two and it’s very frothy. Any other suggestion?

M Cook

Is it over heated when the light flashes?

Claireasked

L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

How to heat milk up with the milk frother? I followed the instruction below from L'OR website. But, the temperature of the milk wasn't changed.(I used milk stored in refrigerator). brewing coffee works fine. I purchased my machine a few days ago. Does it mean my coffee machine is broken? or did I miss something? Your answer would be appreciated. Please.

------------------------instructions to heat milk from L'OR website
You can use your L'OR Milk Frother to heat milk without frothing it.
1. Detach the metal whisk from one side first
2. Remove the metal whisk and press the power button to heat up the milk
The milk is heated up to approx 74°C to ensure the best froth and taste. Milk
proteins start to break down and burn if the milk is overheated."

Hello Claire,

Thanks for submitting your question here. We tried searching for the answer ourselves, but we weren't able to find the answer just yet. We would recommend to reach out to our coffee team at the following number: 1300 363 391. They should be able to assist you further with this. Don't give up yet! :)

The Philips Australia team

Claire

Thank you. The coffee tastes great. I love this coffee machine. I won't give up. :) I will contact your coffee team. Thank you for your kind answer.

Evan S.

Evan S.asked

L'OR Barista Latte

Two (and a half) long winded questions.

Firstly, there is a dimension discrepancy I'm curious about. I understand that the LM8012/60 does not include a milk frother and therefore the difference in width, but there is a height difference between the LM8018/90 and the rest of the range on this website. Is that a typo, the height with the lever down and other two with the lever up, or is there an actual height difference?
The half question. If it is a typographical error, like I believe it is, do the dimensions given include having the lever up if not what is the height of the machine with it up?

Second and last question, what is the capacity of the milk frother? From my experience with using a pod machine, when I have guests over, I spend more time waiting for milk than I do for the coffee. I could easily get 3-5 cups of coffee ready by the time 1 cups worth of milk is ready. We're not fussed about the right cup for the coffee at home, a mug just means less trips to make more. Just trying work out of we should buy the machine with the milk frother or save that extra expense and put it to a larger stand alone milk system.

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your questions! We're not completely sure where you found the deviation in the dimensions. But they are exactly the same in depth and height. :)

- Width x Depth x Height in mm -
Without frother: 180x400x280
With frother: 263x400x280

Regarding the capacity, we weren't able to find that out. Please do consider reaching out to 1300 363 391 or contacting us on social media. Our support teams over there will surely be able to provide you with the information you're looking for.

777asked

L'OR Barista Latte

Hi. A few questions before purchase.

1. What type of water heating boiler is used? Type of thermoblock etc. Do you have a link to details and pictures?

2. What is the boiler made of/lined with please aluminium or stainless steel? What metal comes in contact with the hot water?

3. What are the capusules made of? If plastic are they bpa etc free? If aluminium do they have a lining inside like nesspresso caps (food grade shellac?) Or other?

4. Are all the plastic parts tank, body, internals, bpa etc free? ie. non toxic and safe for hot water? (And any metals used etc safe for hot water?)

5. What plastic parts/ metal parts come in direct contact with hot water?

6. What doses are the single shot and double shot capsules?

7. Does the machine pre-infuse the coffee? Can you do this manually if not?

8. Are the shots programmable re length of shot etc?

9. What temp is the esspresso shot when released/ brewed?

10. Is it a loud machine? Decibles?

Thanks in advance.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your interest and questions about the coffee machine! It sure sounds like you've thought this over very well. ;-) As we're not able to answer all the questions in details, we'd like to recommend you to get in touch with the product specialists via 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). We hope you'll have the answers to all of your questions soon!

Lianaasked

L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

Is this the latest model and what makes it different from the LM8014/60 please.

Philips S.Philips

HI there, thanks for asking. Our L'Or line of coffee machines are all released at the same time. The difference between these models is the the premium colour. For more info please follow this link: https://www.philips.com.au/etc/philips/b2c/compareproducts.html/?locale=en_AU&catalog=CONSUMER&ctn=LM8018/90,LM8014/60

The LM8018/90 model comes with a Premium Black design. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Liana

Thank you I have already ordered mine from Myer and will give you a review in a month's time. Hopefully I have chosen well. Thank you for being kind enough to reply to my queries. Kind regards, Liana Boulay

Lianaasked

L'OR Barista Latte

Where do you buy the pods from?

Lauren M
Lauren M

I buy the regular ones at coles and woolworths but you can also buy them online :)

Can I use Nespresso ones on this machine

Hello Liana,

Thank you for your questions. Our L'OR Barista coffee machine has been designed to work with L’OR Espresso single-shot capsules and L’OR Barista double-shot capsules, as well as with Nespresso* capsules and aluminum capsules from coffee brands produced by Jacobs Douwe Egberts, such as Douwe Egberts, JACOBS, Jacqmotte, Jacques Vabre, Grand Mère, L'OR, Marcilla, Moccona, Saimaza and Senseo. Therefore, you can create the coffee experience that's closest to your liking! You can find the capsules on the websites of each respective brand, or through other online retailers.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, or reach out to our Consumer Support team on 1300 363 391 (Monday to Saturday, from 7am to 7pm). They'd love to help you bring delicious coffee to your everyday life.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips L'OR Barista Latte