Philips Lumea Advanced IPL SC1999/00

Philips Lumea Advanced IPL SC1999/00

MPN: SC1999-00

IPL Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of ipl machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.9

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (6)
Phara88

Phara88Perth, WA

Super product and great customer service!

I just finished the 4th treatments on my legs and I'm very happy with the results from this IPL! I was using a cheaper product from HappySkin and that device was literally melting every single-use. After receiving the 3rd IPL in substitution from them and having the same problem, I asked my money back and sent them back their product! I finally decided to invest some more money in a well-known brand like Philips and so far it's worth every single dollar I've spent! I bought it under the Christmas promotion on black Friday and they were super fast to give me back the $100! The phone app tool is a great way for someone like me to have everything under control and scheduled and I definitely can recommend the product!

Purchased in January 2020 for A$349.00.

Very surprised

Purchased in August 2019.

Meri S.

Meri S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Effective product

Purchased in April 2019 at Shaver Shop for A$399.00.

IPL Machines

Find out how Philips Lumea Advanced IPL SC1999/00 compares to other IPL Machines

karolien.houben91

karolien.houben91Illawarra, NSW

Definitely works!

So glad I bought this, I read a lot of reviews on it but still wasn't convinced. I've had it for a few months now and it was advised to use once every fortnight but I've used it once a week. Really happy with the results though, after the first 3-4 uses I noticed the hair started getting thinner and slower growing and now I only have to shave once a week (right before I do the treatment) instead of daily!

Purchased in March 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for A$339.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Karolien. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Lumea Advanced. It's great to hear it has been so positive, and we wish you a hair-free summer! :)

Aff

AffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I was a sceptic, but I’m pleasantly surprised!

Purchased in April 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for A$399.00.

IsisIg

IsisIgGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product. Disappointing customer service!

Purchased in May 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store for A$399.00.

Otisbear

OtisbearAdelaide

Excellent results

I purchased this model three months ago and have had no trouble with its operability. After relatively lengthy use at level 5 it can overheat and need a couple of minutes to cool off, but otherwise it has worked faultlessly. The cord length is generous and the machine design makes it comfortable to hold. After three treatments I was pleasantly surprised to discover a noticeable reduction in hair growth. I've found that for best results I've needed to apply treatments over more weeks than the instructions imply, but am very happy to have achieved smooth almost hair free skin, painlessly. Great investment considering the ongoing cost of waxing or shaving.

Corinna LNSW, 2340

Great product, looking forward to great results

See all Philips Lumea Advanced IPL reviews

Sally G.asked

I tried to use my lumea sc1999/00 this evening
Turned on fine with the fan, allowed to to select the 4th setting, placed on my leg and it emitted 1 shot. It then jumped back to the 1st setting? So I pressed the power to re-select '4' but after 1 shot, it went back to 1 again. Now it wont allow me to select any other numbers, the 1 is flashing and even with skin connection it now wont emit any flashes. What's wrong with it? I've only used it about 5 times in the last year so I'll be annoyed if that money is wasted!

MrSquigglesPencil

It definitely sounds like it is malfunctioning, how long has it been since you last used it? Have you noticed any problems with it previously? If you still have proof of purchase, I would be sending it back to get it looked at because it shouldn't be doing that at all. Good luck!!

Sally G.

Thank you. I did manage to get hold of someone at Philip's and get it sorted. Definitely a fault

Pei Jung W.

Pei Jung W.asked

Lumea Advanced IPL SC1999/00

Is it for forever reduce hair?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Pei, thanks for reaching out to us. The Lumea doesn't remove the hair forever. When you have reached the desired result after the first period of two weeks, you have to repeat the treatment every 4-8 weeks to maintain it. Hopefully this information was helpful.

Clueless

Cluelessasked

Lumea Advanced IPL SC1999/00

how many attachments are included, what size?
how does it sensor the skin?
does it do brazillian?

Corinna L

You'll have to check out their website store for details of how it senses skin etc it's probably real technical. It comes with two size window head attachments, a smaller one with a special light filter for your face, and a larger one for everywhere else.

You can use it for most of a Brazilian, but you might have to use it on a lower setting or the light turns orange to say "can't do it here" if it's on a too strong setting. It's not too painful here from person experience.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your interest in our Lumea SC1999/00. We can see that you have some questions before biting the bullet, but we'd be happy to answer them.

The SC1999 includes the following attachments:
- Precision attachment (2cm2) | For safe application on face
- Body attachment (4cm2) | For use below the neckline
- Bikini area attachment (2cm2) | Special treatment bikini hair

You can certainly also treat the bikini area, especially with the included attachment. However do be cautious and make sure that the light only comes in contact with the outer skin.

Let us know if you want to know anything else! You could also find us on 1300 363 391 (AU), through 0800 658 224 (NZ) or through http://philips.com/support/.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives