Philips PerfectCare Aqua Pro GC9324/20

Philips PerfectCare Aqua Pro GC9324/20

5.0 from 1 review

Delivers what it promises. Very happy.

This is my second steam generator. I had a Tefal which died and as I had been happy with the product I replaced it with a similar model from Tefal, which I had to return as it would not generate steam on lower settings.

I was reluctant to spend this sort of money on a steam generator but was basically forced to due to illness. I require a light iron, as this promised to be. I was also sceptical about the auto temperature setting. I have a number of hand knitted woollens and silk scarves. I was not looking to see them ruined any time soon.

Well the auto temperature setting works like a dream as does the iron. Often the claim is made of these things that the cut ironing time in half. That wasn't true of my old one but I think this one comes close. The steam distribution makes short work of ironing and I love that you can select continuous steam instead of holding the button the whole time. Again, illness comes into it. Another thing I really love is now I don't have to muck around trying to avoid say, synthetic lace edgings on cotton pyjamas. This thing takes both in its stride with the auto temperature without burning and that really does make ironing a lot less fussy and faster. I also enjoy not having to sort the ironing. I can just iron what ever I have to pick up.

The only problem I might see for others is that the steam generator does make a bit of racket. The noise is not continuous but I think if you were trying to iron at night while the kids are in bed, it might be a consideration.

Having bought a more expensive model now I would do so again as this has been worth it. I thoroughly recommend this to anyone with issues that might require them to use a lighter iron. And thanks, Philips, for having the consideration to produce an iron to suit those who need it.

Hello there. Thanks for sharing your experience with the PerfectCare. We love to see that it met your expectations, and in some aspects even exceeded them. :) It's imaginable that the weight of the iron really helps with your health problems, and the time it saves you must be pretty great too. We always try to develop our products with the consumers need in mind, so your feedback is very much appreciated. Let us know if we can help with anything. Kinds regards, The Philips Australia Team