Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642

Water boiling

Huh j j

Bnnnn

Hanoasked

The water boiling inside what I can do to solve this problem

Hi there Hano,

Thank you reaching out to us. We think it should not be a problem, but to be sure we kindly advise you contact our product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out!

shunil

shunilasked

I have the same problem. The steam generator does not deliver steam when the button is pressed. We regularly clean the descale and it has just stopped working. Tried to clean the descale and emptied the water and refilled. Worked for a day and stopped again.

Mark

Hi, Fortunately I have not experienced this problem have you tried the manufacturer's assistance line or similar? Apologies I cannot be of assistance.

Cheers,

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you've ran into some trouble with your PerfectCare Elite. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a closer look at it for you.

Gorana S.

Gorana S.asked

I have had PerfectCare Silence for a few years. I loved it so much so I bought two more (one for my mum, and one for the another place that I used to stay). Unfortunately the one I have stopped working properly. The steam comes out ‘full steam’ without me pressing the button. When I press the button it does not make any difference. I am convinced the button has failed but I’m not sure where I can buy it.

Mark

Hi Gorana, unfortunately I have not had any problems to relay back, re parts please contact manufacturer.

Hi there Gorana,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the PerfectCare Silence. It sounds like the device might be faulty. We would like to invite you to contact our local product team at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. They will be more than happy to help. We hope to hear from you!

Noor A.

Noor A.asked

I have my iron now for 2 years and my sister and mom got it too and they are having the same exact problem the steam generator now is not working eventhough i decalc regularly once the light pops. When i press on the steam push button no steam coming! I need to know how to solve this beacause im really annoyed

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with a steam generator. We will be happy to look into it for you. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with us on social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). One of our colleagues will then try their best to help you. Hope to speak to you soon.

Elane Gilbert

Elane Gilbertasked

Hi, hoping you can help me. My PerfectCare Elite’s lights have all started flashing and the heating doesn’t seem to be working. I have unplugged it and let it cool down before restarting again but still the same problem. Regards Elane

Jodi

Hi Elaine, this is something you will probably need to troubleshoot over the phone with them. Their number is 1300 363 391

Philips S.Philips

Hi Elane. Thanks for reaching out. It's unfortunate to hear you're having some issues with your steam generator. Have you already tried descaling the device? If this doesn't help we recommend reaching directly at 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). This way we can have a look into this for you.

donaanodasked

Can you use this iron without steam? I am a quilter and sometimes I don't want steam.

Jodi

Technically yes but its not very effective and as a quilter myself I always want steam for perfectly pressed seams. I also have an oliso that everyone raves about but its got nothing on the perfectcare elite and lives in the back of a cupboard.

donaanod

Jodib, thanks for your response. I too have an Oliso but it keeps "dancing" and turning off so I have to turn it off/on at the powerpoint. It will work well for a while and then start again. My favorite part of it is that I don't have to stand it up, which is also a feature of the Philips. I wish I could try it out as it is a lot of money.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your questions! It seems like the answer was already given above, very helpful indeed. :) You don't have to use the steam boost. However, we do recommend using the steam, as it will improve the overall result. Hope this helps!

Thao

Thaoasked

I’ve had my steam iron (GC9642) for about 8 months and it has been great until sometimes discoloured water drips from the bottom. I believe it’s build up of calcification on the plate that creating the discolored drip. I have tried ironing on a damp cloth to clean it but it does nothing. Hope you can help as I have spent a lot of money on this iron.

Thao

Sharifah

Sharifahasked

Hi. I've had my perfect care elite iron for 2 years now. Last week it stopped generating steam. I think water is not flowing in... maybe calcification is making it stuck? What can i do?

Hey there,

Thank you for your question. That could well be. Have you already tried descaling the iron? This is often the solution to your described problem. Here is a link to some further information on how to descale your iron: https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-ho/ironing/descaling/how-to-descale-my-philips-steam-generator-iron. If this doesn't solve the problem, could you please reach out to us? You can contact us on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand.

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team.

Lizzy

Lizzyasked

I have Philips perfect care elite iron, approximately 4 months old. The decalc beeper and lights suggested I decalc which I have done according to the instruction manual. Yet I cannot iron because the decalc beeper and lights persist every time I turn the iron on.
So....suggestions from here......
GC 9642

Fabian
Fabian

Hi Lizzy, I only used the machine for 48hours so I wont be able to tell you whats wrong with it. I will suggest you to contact Philips customer service and discuss the issue with them directly.
Good Luck!

Philips S.Philips

Hi Lizzy, thanks for asking. Please call us on 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia). We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Mondays to Fridays: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives