Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642

• Product is used
  • Safety

PoliSydney, NSW

Good at first !!!

Purchased at The Good Guys.

MarkSydney, NSW

Comparison to Laura Star

Purchased in February 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $540.00.

Clothing MaterialCotton, Denim, Silk, Synthetics and Wool
Jodi

JodiNortheast, VIC

PerfectCare perfect finish

This iron is amazing! It heats up in just a couple of minutes and allows you to shoot continuous steam to get through your ironing faster. Initially I did get a smell when I left it on the ironing board but I think it was new iron smell. Now I leave it an the board and there are no signs of scorching. It can be used on anything safe to iron without any temperature changes between fabric types. It’s very gentle and I haven’t had any signs of scorching or damage to any fabric types. Fantastic for fiddly items like baby sized dress shirts, and pressing seams when sewing pieced quilts.

My only grievance is that the water reservoir is difficult to clean if it grows algae. I’d love to be able to open it up to give it a thorough clean.

Clothing MaterialCotton, Denim, Silk and Synthetics
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

May Smith

May SmithSydney

So So disapointed

I purchased a new one over the weekend. I had previously purchased a Philips steam iron similar to this style about 9 years or so ago. Obviously over the years its been on the decline and recently I dropped it and a few things broke. So it was time for a new one. I was so excited for the new one but only to find that my old iron still works A LOT better, it is equivalent to any normal iron minus the price tag. I will be returning it for a full refund this weekend. I've lost my trust in Philips iron. I will be looking for another brand to replace my old one.

Purchased in July 2019 at Costco NSW, Marsden Park for $399.00.

Clothing MaterialCotton
julie l.

julie l.

I love my iron

I love how I don’t have to adjust the temperature on the iron, it’s so easy to clean and the tank is easy to fill. The iron head its self is light so I could iron all day if I didn’t hate ironing, but this iron makes my life easier.

Purchased in April 2017 at Costco SA, Adelaide for $399.00.

Clothing MaterialCotton, Denim, Silk and Synthetics
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank for sharing your review with us. It's lovely to hear that the iron has been such a great help to you. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it for a long time!

MrsC

MrsCPerth, WA

Iron Broke - 6 Weeks In For Repair and Still Waiting

Irons well, however it just stopped producing steam, which is very disappointing considering the price of the iron. I took it in for repair as it is under warranty and told it would take 2 to 2.5 weeks to repair. It is now 6 weeks and Phillips repairs are still waiting on a part. At no point have I been contacted to be advised of the delay. Each time I have queried when it will be ready I have been told another 1 to 1.5 weeks. Poor customer service.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Clothing MaterialCotton
Rachel

RachelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good results, and easy to use.

You can iron anything without adjusting a single thing (has to be . It's an attractive machine with cord storage, delivers excellent results, no fuss required. You can iron silk in one second and bed sheet in next second, and don't have to worry about burning the material. Very much an idiot-proof design.
I can iron at least 3 times faster than using the traditional steam iron. It's a very good investment for people who is time poor and have nice garments that they don't want to destroy.
Highly recommend this to everyone.

Purchased in December 2018.

See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 reviews

Hanoasked

Water boiling

Huh j j

Bnnnn

Hanoasked

The water boiling inside what I can do to solve this problem

Hi there Hano,

Thank you reaching out to us. We think it should not be a problem, but to be sure we kindly advise you contact our product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out!

shunil

shunilasked

I have the same problem. The steam generator does not deliver steam when the button is pressed. We regularly clean the descale and it has just stopped working. Tried to clean the descale and emptied the water and refilled. Worked for a day and stopped again.

Mark

Hi, Fortunately I have not experienced this problem have you tried the manufacturer's assistance line or similar? Apologies I cannot be of assistance.

Cheers,

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you've ran into some trouble with your PerfectCare Elite. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a closer look at it for you.

See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators