Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642

• Safety
May Smith

May SmithSydney

So So disapointed

I purchased a new one over the weekend. I had previously purchased a Philips steam iron similar to this style about 9 years or so ago. Obviously over the years its been on the decline and recently I dropped it and a few things broke. So it was time for a new one. I was so excited for the new one but only to find that my old iron still works A LOT better, it is equivalent to any normal iron minus the price tag. I will be returning it for a full refund this weekend. I've lost my trust in Philips iron. I will be looking for another brand to replace my old one.

Purchased in July 2019 at Costco NSW, Marsden Park for $399.00.

Nick RSydney

Less than a year old, and stopped working!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

MegMelbourne

Disappointing

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Philips S.Philips

We see your point, Meg. Do you mind sharing your contact details with us through a private message here on Product Review? We'll have the right team reach out to you. Looking forward to your message.

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Fabian

FabianSydney

Huge disappointment out of the box!

Never been so disappointed at a brand new product specially to one to be the best in the market and awards winner! We bought it to replace a previous model GC7635 which after 2 years gave up by the now popular Eco+Power buttons of death. Out of the box when we filt up the water tank and switched it on, water was leaking from the Easy De-Cal knob...seriously how tight does this needs to be! I tried multiple times and water was still leaking as sooon as it was turn on. Also the iron's cord was extremely hot which was a major concern and this never was the case with the previous model. I see why you are offering a 100days money back guarantee!! Well I won't be waiting for another 99 for that to happen.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 reviews

Hanoasked

Water boiling

Huh j j

Bnnnn

Hanoasked

The water boiling inside what I can do to solve this problem

Hi there Hano,

Thank you reaching out to us. We think it should not be a problem, but to be sure we kindly advise you contact our product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out!

The Philips Australia Team

shunil

shunilasked

I have the same problem. The steam generator does not deliver steam when the button is pressed. We regularly clean the descale and it has just stopped working. Tried to clean the descale and emptied the water and refilled. Worked for a day and stopped again.

Mark
Mark

Hi, Fortunately I have not experienced this problem have you tried the manufacturer's assistance line or similar? Apologies I cannot be of assistance.

Cheers,

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you've ran into some trouble with your PerfectCare Elite. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a closer look at it for you.

The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators