Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642

• Safety

Jodi

JodiNortheast, VIC

PerfectCare perfect finish

This iron is amazing! It heats up in just a couple of minutes and allows you to shoot continuous steam to get through your ironing faster. Initially I did get a smell when I left it on the ironing board but I think it was new iron smell. Now I leave it an the board and there are no signs of scorching. It can be used on anything safe to iron without any temperature changes between fabric types. It’s very gentle and I haven’t had any signs of scorching or damage to any fabric types. Fantastic for fiddly items like baby sized dress shirts, and pressing seams when sewing pieced quilts.

My only grievance is that the water reservoir is difficult to clean if it grows algae. I’d love to be able to open it up to give it a thorough clean.

Steph

Steph

Take 2

I purchased a Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence iron in October 2017 and within 1 week it showed fault during the descaling process. I returned it to the place of purchase (which immediately replaced it with another one) and the second iron (hence the Take 2 ) has worked perfectly for me ever since. It is used daily for between 1 to 4 hours as I have a local ironing business. I'm very happy with the iron, it is light, effective and can be used a steamer of garments as well. I would highly recommend purchasing the Philips steam iron ironing board as well as the steam produced must have the ability to escape the board or else you'll end up a soggy mess.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jodie59

Jodie59Newcastle

Impressive

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 reviews

Hanoasked

Water boiling

Huh j j

Bnnnn

Hanoasked

The water boiling inside what I can do to solve this problem

Hi there Hano,

Thank you reaching out to us. We think it should not be a problem, but to be sure we kindly advise you contact our product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

shunil

shunilasked

I have the same problem. The steam generator does not deliver steam when the button is pressed. We regularly clean the descale and it has just stopped working. Tried to clean the descale and emptied the water and refilled. Worked for a day and stopped again.

Mark
Mark

Hi, Fortunately I have not experienced this problem have you tried the manufacturer's assistance line or similar? Apologies I cannot be of assistance.

Cheers,

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you've ran into some trouble with your PerfectCare Elite. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a closer look at it for you.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators